Start by marking “Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 1

Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 1 (Akame ga KILL! #1)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,038 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Teenage country bumpkin Tatsumi dreams of earning enough money for his impoverished village by working in the Capital-- but his short-lived plans go awry when he's robbed by a buxom beauty upon arrival! Penniless, Tatsumi is taken in by the lovely Lady Aria, but just when his Capital dreams seem in reach yet again, Lady Aria's mansion is besieged by Night Raid--a team of ...more
Published January 20th 2015 by Yen Press (first published August 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 1

KWinks
Feb 23, 2015 KWinks rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-gn
A group of (mostly) girl assassins taking on a corrupt government? I'm in! As usual, I have the worst time following the fight scenes, but the back stories on these characters are awesome. This is a definite rec for anime club and works for Unmasked- the 2015 summer reading program!
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Mar 29, 2015 Sarah ~Sehrenity~ rated it did not like it
Tried it. Didn't like it. Moving on.
kim song ng
Apr 05, 2015 kim song ng rated it it was amazing
4.5 deadly stars
Jared
Oct 11, 2016 Jared rated it it was amazing
Akame ga KILL! starts with the main character, Tatsumi, saving a caravan from a ground dragon danger beast. He then explains to the caravan that he is trying to get military fame to save his village from starvation. Tatsumi learns the capital is not a good place. It is corrupt. He then runs into a group of assassins known as Night Raid, who is trying to eliminate all the corrupt officials. After accidentally proving himself to them, they recruit Tatsumi against his will.
The art style is typical
Jenna
Mar 10, 2015 Jenna rated it liked it
I quite liked the drawing style and character design. The main character looked very schoolboy with hints of Tsuna and Final Fantasy. (view spoiler) The other assassins also had rather fun designs that w ...more
Yomna Suwaïdan
Aug 27, 2016 Yomna Suwaïdan rated it liked it

EVIL SPIRIT FROM ALL THE LAND , IN THE FORM OF HUMANS , IS CORRUPTED AND IS NOW A LIVING HELL .. THAT 'S ALL CAUSE OF AUTHORITY ....

LOOKING FORWARD TO ACHIEVE AN AIM NEEDS SOMETIMES TO GET RID OF THINGS THAT ARE , SOMEHOW , ALMOST MEANINGFUL FOR US ... WE MUST THEN " KILL OUR CARES "

Sora Taichi
Oct 26, 2015 Sora Taichi rated it really liked it
Loving the story and characters as well. Funny characters and too much action! At the start is not really interesting, in my opinion it was pretty boring, but at a certain point, not too far, you will find it amazing. The events happen really fast so you will be interested soon, but for me that wasn't something that I expect that... quick.

If you like action, blood, a kind of dystopian world, and you wanna laugh sometimes... Try it and read this manga!
Leo Lopez
Mar 01, 2016 Leo Lopez rated it it was amazing
Great Read!!! If you like action, violence, and awkward moment's then this is your book. It involves a guy named Tatsumi, Tatsumi is heading towards the capital which is now corrupted (He does not know that) Along the way him and his 3 friends get slit up and agreed they would meet in the Capital. Tatsumi arrives into the city and all hell is flipped....
Steve
Dec 02, 2016 Steve rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Crap. Same old junk. Not a single new idea in it.
Camila Silva
Nov 09, 2016 Camila Silva rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, comics
É legal mas achei o traço confuso.
Cristiano Campione
Inminente edición argentina.
Ian
Jun 26, 2016 Ian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, akame-ga-kill
Akame ga Kill is rated Older Teen and has scenes of violence as well as some pretty graphic images of people tortured and some partial nudity so if that kind of stuff bothers you then turn about because I have a feeling this series is gonna be a rough ride as rebels fight against a world casually giving in to their base instincts for evil.

Tatsumi and his friends are simple country folk with a dream to go to the Capital and make money so they can support their impoverish village and although Tats
Soobie's heartbroken
Beh... non è il mio genere di manga però non mi è dispiaciuto.

Ad Akame ga kill ci sono arrivata grazie ad uno dei ragazzini del doposcuola. A maggio siamo andati insieme a vedere una gara di cosplay. Io guardavo la varia umanità, lui era vestito da Ichigo di Bleach e, ad un certo punto, ha cominciato a osservare una tipa con un cosplay fantastico [per chi mastica di cosplay: White Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter: THE GAME)]. Mi ero convinta che si fosse vestita da uno dei personaggi di Akame ga
Mark
Feb 25, 2016 Mark rated it it was amazing
1. Did you enjoy the book? Why or why not
I did enjoying reading the book. Ive seen the T.V show so as i read i was reminded of what the series was about and that was survival.
2. How would you describe the style of art? Did you enjoy the images?
I would describe the art style that of an action theme mainly with short fast images and landscape shots. I did enjoy the art style looked alike the show.
3. Who would enjoy this book? Would you recommend it to a friend? (why or why not?)
I believe anyone t
Neko Musume
I can't do it anymore. This is honestly one of the worst manga I've ever read. It's gratuitously violent, fanservicy, and utterly adolescent in all regards. In addition, it's about as entertaining as socks. By that, I don't mean to compare it to that awesome pair of over-the-knee socks everyone's wanted at least once in their life. I mean to compare it to the itchy, too tight, grey wool socks that some well meaning relative gets you for Christmas. It's boring, unwieldy, and takes otherwise ...more
Adriana Villanueva
Apr 29, 2016 Adriana Villanueva rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Action, Horror, Fantasy readers
For full or more reviews check out my blog at http://adiisbookshelf.blogspot.com/

Review: **Please Note May Contain Spoilers**

It's a pretty dark manga, which is to be expected since it's about a group of assassins. But at the same time there is humor behind it all as well. I personally thought the the killing done by the assassins actually wasn't the dark part. The dark parts to me were when we read about what the people with power in the capitol are doing, it's pretty messed up. But it was a goo
Nohely
Apr 27, 2015 Nohely rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This review is for the whole story up until it's latest chapter. Akame Ga Kill seems to be a promising story. It has a nice art style and satisfying action scenes, but that's about it.

Akame Ga Kill tries to suck the reader in by giving you a promising plot by telling you that it's about fighting against the corruption of the capital, but in reality the plot changes to: who dies next. To top it all, once the author doesn't have anymore characters to kill, he adds a new group and starts killing th
Daken Howlett
Jan 15, 2016 Daken Howlett rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Interessante mix di distopia e Fantasy in una serie ambientata in un regno medievaleggiante popolato da tremendi mostri giganti e razze fantastiche ma in cui l'unica vera minaccia e la corruzione delle alte cariche dell'impero che strangolano la popolazione con soprusi e tasse,un mondo dove i ricchi posso compiere qualunque crimine restando impuniti mentre i poveri possono solo subire in silenzio...la serie è molto più drammatica di quanto avrei pensato e contiene tutta una serie di riflessioni ...more
Selena
I'm not sure why, but it just wasn't my thing. It's not bad, but it's just not my thing.

Does that make sense...?

Anyway, it's the story of a country bumpkin who ends up thrown in with a bunch of assassins who are trying to take down a corrupt government. Each assassin is a bit quirky, but other than a little backstory you don't get a good feel for their characters. That was a bit disappointing.

The art's so-so. Lots of black ink everywhere. The panels get so dark I have trouble figuring out what's
Reesha
May 19, 2015 Reesha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Interesting Series. A boy from the village goes to the city to enter into the Imperial Army. In the process, he wants to save his Village. This Manga does take a lot of dark twists and turns, so it isn't your everyday Shojo.

Bits of laughter littered into the story as well. I like Mine, as she reminds me of Narusegawa from Love Hina. Tough on the outside, and strong on the inside.

Cannot wait to read more into this series. I would recommend this to Bleach or Naruto fans, as this manga appeals to
E.S.
Aug 25, 2016 E.S. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
This book is brutal and unforgiving. Any book that features somebody getting cut in half with a giant pair of scissors is something that I'll be into.

Also, all of the characters in the Night Raid are so enjoyable and I honest to god did not see that twist coming with the family that Tatsumi originally stayed with in the Capitol. Honestly, I should have seen it coming. How many times did "The Capitol is evil" have to be said before it got stuck in my brain?
Rebecca
May 07, 2015 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy, ya, action
While more palatable than the anime, this volume still treads an uneasy line between harem and action. The anachronistic clothing does take me out of the story every time, and I do want more explanation, but the basic plot of assassins for good (who still recognize the moral gray area they exist in) is intriguing. It merits another volume at the least. (A more extensive review will eventually appear on the Anime News Network.)
Am
Jul 26, 2016 Am rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav
¿Un manga en el que las escenas de acción se entienden y no son un caos?
Akame ga kill es justo ese manga.
Agradezco un montón el poder enterarme de qué pasa y que el dibujo sea tan claro y definido.
El diseño de personajes es algo que me tiene enamorada perdida.
Respecto a la historia, por el momento se mantiene muy fiel (por no decir idéntico) al anime.
Deseando tener los siguientes tomos porque esta ha sido per-fec-to
Kathleen
Jun 14, 2016 Kathleen rated it really liked it
This has all the hallmarks of a typical shonen series. It's got a young man with a particular skill, who joins a ragtag team and learns to get along. There are training montages, trust exercises, heartfelt emotions, etc. But it's about a team of /assassins/, and his special skill is /killing people!/ For a shonen-feeling title, I found it overly bloody and bizarre; it provoked a sort of mood whiplash.
Aleatha
Germany-Chan
Nov 16, 2015 Germany-Chan rated it it was amazing
Toey Santipanth
Jun 08, 2016 Toey Santipanth rated it really liked it
I first came across this book when I was searching for a manga to read.
4/5 (for now)
At first I didn't think I would like this series, but it came out to be pretty interesting. The plot also reflected on the dark side of the real world. The actions and and the characters design are pretty good, but sometimes I do find some scenes too bloody. I think I would continue reading this series.
Sean O'Hara
Jan 26, 2015 Sean O'Hara rated it liked it
The action parts are pretty good, but the author's attempts at humor really don't fit. I mean, if a writer's going to kill someone important to the protagonist, it's generally a good idea to refrain from silly jokes until there's been a major scene break.
Kaleb
This was an enjoyable read with great action scenes and interesting characters. One complaint I have is how easily the protagonist s win their battles. It shouldn't be so easy to overcome the antagonists otherwise there is no point in reading the story.
  • ソウルイーター 14
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 7 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #7)
  • Prophecy, Tome 1 (Prophecy, #1)
  • Another Omnibus
  • Ender's Game Ultimate Collection

Akame ga KILL! (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • アカメが斬る! 2 (Akame ga KILL!, #2)
  • アカメが斬る! 3 (Akame ga KILL!, #3)
  • アカメが斬る! 4 (Akame ga KILL!, #4)
  • アカメが斬る! 5 (Akame ga KILL!, #5)
  • アカメが斬る! 6 (Akame ga KILL!, #6)
  • アカメが斬る! 7 (Akame ga KILL!, #7)
  • アカメが斬る! 8 (Akame ga KILL!, #8)
  • アカメが斬る! 9 (Akame ga KILL!, #9)
  • アカメが斬る! 10 (Akame ga KILL!, #10)
  • アカメが斬る! 11 (Akame ga KILL!, #11)