Start by marking “A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 2

A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 2 (Toaru Majutsu no Index #2)

In Academy City, magic and science coexist in an unwavering power struggle--and Toma Kamijo has been caught up in the middle of it ever since he met Index, a magical nun who has been implanted with 103,000 ancient texts. When Toma learns from magician Stiyl Magnus that a shrine maiden is being held captive at an Academy City cram school, and that someone from the magical ...more
Published February 24th 2015 by Yen On (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 2

Niquie
Mar 01, 2015 Niquie rated it really liked it
There was a sense of disbelief that came over me as I read this book (it just felt unreal at times) which really worked for me considering everything that happened in it. Much like book 1 Touma wants to save a girl (this time a different girl, and is this going to be a theme each book (view spoiler)?), a girl called Deep Blood. A girl who can kill a certain creature many thought not to exist. The very idea of said creature existi ...more
Brandon Varnell
Mar 13, 2015 Brandon Varnell rated it it was amazing
So, I actually finished reading this a while ago, and just hadn't written a review yet. I guess you could say I got a case of the lazies.

Now onto the review!

Having watched the anime before reading the light novel, I came in pretty much expecting to not be surprised--and then, to my surprise, I found myself surprised.

One of the first things I discovered while reading the light novel is that the anime leaves a lot of content out. I almost feel like the anime only has about half the original conten
Allison
I don't think that A Certain Magical Index will win converts to light novel fandom. It exists in an oddly specific state where it can be perfectly representative of the genre. Not every light novel checks off the same boxes, but Index seems to check off every possible box with what the author would almost certainly describe as a smile that everyone was glad to see, even if they couldn't be the one it was for.

The thing with A Certain Magical Index, then, is that, in this second novel, it proves t
Matisse
Apr 26, 2015 Matisse rated it it was ok
The Internet keeps goofing up, man.

According to the world wide web, the Sword Art Online Fairy Dance volumes were awful. According to the Interwebs, Accel World was inferior to SAO as a series. Wrong on both accounts.

The Internet told me 'A Certain Magical Index' wouldn't make me want to kill myself. Plot twist: it did, many times. For many reasons.

I think this was a perfect storm of light novel tragedies. It's a second novel, and I've read enough light novel series to know these are typicall
Rinke
Sep 14, 2016 Rinke rated it really liked it
Certainly a lot darker than the first part. The magical aspect of the world is coming a lot more to the forefront which makes it a little bit difficult to follow the story-line but still a great book with a lot of exciting things going on.
Sergio Poo
May 09, 2015 Sergio Poo rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A lot better than the first volume. We get a bit more insight into how the world in this series works. The story is more focused and the pacing is much tighter than the previous volume. I do think part of the enjoyment is that Index isn't in the story a lot, since I've found her character to be a bit annoying at times.
Lucie
May 18, 2016 Lucie rated it it was amazing
Super tome, je suis déjà accro à cette saga, mais j'ai peur de la suite car normalement, si j'ai compris, Index ne fait plus partie de l'aventure, et ce serait complètement débile
Sohhla
Sohhla rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
PhoenixPhantom
PhoenixPhantom rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Louis Krupp
Louis Krupp rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Rendra
Rendra rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Victor
Victor rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Yandros
Yandros rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Nabashi
Nabashi rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Taekwokitty
Taekwokitty rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
JF
JF rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Kartik Chawla
Kartik Chawla rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2012
Jennifer Liu
Jennifer Liu rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2013
Karlie
Karlie rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Unti
Unti rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Logan
Logan rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
αιяy ♔
αιяy ♔ rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Deanne Pascual
Deanne Pascual rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Paulius Mat
Paulius Mat rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Clark
Clark rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Chagas
Chagas rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Japanese Novel an...: A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 2 19 18 Apr 13, 2015 06:43PM
  • Durarara!!, Vol. 3
  • アクセル・ワールド 2 -紅の暴風姫- [Akuseru Wārudo 2: Kurenai no Bōfūki] (Accel World Light Novel, #2: The Crimson Storm Princess)
  • 傷物語 [Kizumonogatari]
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4
  • はたらく魔王さま! 2 (Hataraku Maou-sama!, #2)
  • ログ・ホライズン4 ゲームの終わり(下)(Log Horizon, #4)
  • 入学編(下) - Enrollment Chapter (II) (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, #2)
  • The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya
Kamachi Kazuma (鎌池和馬 Kamachi Kazuma?) is a Japanese-born light novel author and the original creator of the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel series and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, its spin-off manga series.
More about Kazuma Kamachi...

Toaru Majutsu no Index (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 1 (A Certain Magical Index, #1)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 3 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #3)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 4 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #4)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 5 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #5)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 6 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #6)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 7 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #7)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 8 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #8)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 9 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #9)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 10 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #10)
  • とある魔術の禁書目録 11 (Toaru Majutsu no Index, #11)