Start by marking “Born Special” as Want to Read:
Born Special

Born Special

My name is Rhea Woodruff. I am 40 years old. I live in Belle Chasse, La. I am raised in a military family that moved every 4 years. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a miracle baby Melanie rose. I am also a inspiring memoir writer that published my second memoir born special this month.
I love writing memoirs about my life experiences. I hope to ins
Published June 8th 2014 by Flair for Writing - Publishing Services

To ask other readers questions about Born Special, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born Special

Destiny Rose READS
Aug 19, 2014 Destiny Rose READS rated it it was amazing
A memoir for the heart. The journey through life is never an easy one, but Rhea Woodruff proves that overcoming obstacles takes determination and a special heart. I was impressed with her positive attitude about people and life. Rhea spends her youth and young adulthood searching for love. There were so many people in her life that seemed to take advantage of her kindness. I has pleased that this memoir had such a happy ending.

Rhea learns at an early age that getting attention from boys makes he
Tonya Bailey
Aug 09, 2014 Tonya Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am someone who has not always had proper encouragement to succeed in my lifetime pursuits. I spent many years putting my own personal happiness on the backburner and received nothing in return for my selfless efforts. Here I am 47 years old, divorced and unemployed desiring to make it as a published author and future publisher. I love that there is a book with which I can read that will inspire me to do well when I now have no other choice but too! However, I cannot fathom the mere thought of ...more
Brenda Perlin
Jun 30, 2014 Brenda Perlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Born Special by Rhea B. Woodruff is an endearing coming-of- age memoir about a young girl just trying to find her way in life. I like her honest down home style of writing. It was easy to get absorbed into this young woman's life. It doesn't take long to see that this girl is special and I think that is what makes this story even more enthralling.

I give the author credit for her openness and honesty. She talks to you like a long lost friend making it easy to get emotionally involved in the story
Desiree
Sep 12, 2014 Desiree rated it liked it
This is a heartfelt memoir written by a woman whose main goal was to overcome the hurdles of life and build a life for herself that she could be proud of.

While reading Rhea’s story I had some difficulty following along with the time frame, it made it a bit hard at times to know exactly where and when I had found myself in her life. With that being said, this is a woman that has struggled and advanced through life while dealing with the hardships of a learning disability.

Some of this book was
Chasity Nicole
Rhea’s story about the life she has lived is very inspirational. She’s lived a tough life and that really shows in her memoir of explaining what she’s been through. Her story is especially inspirational for young girls and how they end up tricked into having sex or believing it is the right thing to do in a relationship. Young girls can learn from Rhea’s experience with bad guys and learn a valuable lesson from this.

My biggest turn-off is the fact that so much sex was talked about. Normally I wo
Cassandra
Aug 12, 2015 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Born Special is a very inspiring memoir by Rhea B. Woodruff. I enjoyed reading the stories of Rhea's past and the struggles she overcame. This book will help you see that no matter what life throws at you, you can overcome it if you try hard enough. Never give up on anything and stay positive was the attitude of Rhea in this book. This is a book for all memoir lovers.
Tammie Browning
Dec 23, 2015 Tammie Browning rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I think all little girls dream of falling in love with the perfect boy and getting married, having a family. But most don't realize it takes a couple toads to find their Prince. If you enjoy books along those lines with life problems, happiness and sadness this is it. It has a story that a lot of us can relate to either personally or from being beside someone who lives it.
Rhea Woodruff
Jun 28, 2014 Rhea Woodruff rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
When I read the book. I was amazed by everything. Its very inspiring to readers. It took me 2 hours to read and I have read it three times already.
F.M. Burgett
F.M. Burgett rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Deserie Brzosko
Deserie Brzosko rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Christine Hatfield
This was the best book I've ever read
Rosi Phillips
Rosi Phillips rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Michelle Everhart
Michelle Everhart rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Leslie Stuart
Leslie Stuart rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Gordon Woodruff
Gordon Woodruff rated it it was amazing
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
Nicolene
Nicolene rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Author Rhea
Author Rhea rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Zakgirl
Zakgirl marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Terry Foster
Terry Foster marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
SB Morales
SB Morales marked it as to-read
Todd Rumsey
Todd Rumsey marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Christina Borgoyn
Christina Borgoyn marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Linda Jh
Linda Jh marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Andrea Stoeckel
Andrea Stoeckel marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Izabela
Izabela marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
LLL Reads
LLL Reads marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
David Cleary
David Cleary marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Connie Chu
Connie Chu marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Regan
Regan marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
K.
K. marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Kaite
Kaite marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
  • Please eat...: A mother's struggle to free her teenage son from anorexia
  • 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan
  • "We Were Five:" the Dionne Quintuplets' Story From Birth Through Girlhood to Womanhood
  • A Hole in the World: An American Boyhood
  • Married at Fourteen: A True Story
  • Happily Ever After: The Life-Changing Power of a Grateful Heart
  • 1 Year, 100 Pounds: My Journey to a Better, Happier Life
  • Believe It, Be It: How Being the Biggest Loser Won Me Back My Life
  • One and the Same: My Life as an Identical Twin and What I've Learned About Everyone's Struggle to Be Singular
  • Runaway Girl: Escaping Life on the Streets, One Helping Hand at a Time