Hard Winter at Broken Arrow Crossing

Hard Winter at Broken Arrow Crossing (The Legend of Stuart Brannon #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A Horrific Blizzard Was Only the Start of Stuart Brannon's Troubles. For a man who didn't need another disaster, the fierce winter at Broken Arrow Crossing couldn't have come at a worse time. Stuart Brannon had just abandoned his Arizona ranch, sick with grief after losing his family and his cattle. That's when the vicious Colorado blizzard struck. Half frozen, Brannon stu...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 227 pages
Published December 31st 1993 by G. K. Hall & Company (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Winter at Broken Arrow Crossing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Winter at Broken Arrow Crossing

Spencer Devalk
Have you ever wondered what it was like to stay in the middle of the mountains in a Colorado winter with no technology? If you were in the cold winter with nothing but bad things around you how would you feel? Trying to find food and fire wood without passing out and dying. And mostly everyone else in the mountains is a murder or an Indian tribe coming after you. In the book Hard Winter at Broken Arrow Crossing by Stephen Bly is a kind of a realistic fiction book that teaches that life’s not fa...more
Erin
Stuart Brannon has been one of my family's favorite modern literature characters for the past 12 years. I still love him and his great sidekicks with every reread. This first book introduces our hero and allows us to see him grow into the man he will become for the 5 sequels.

**May 2012 edit: I just received the new edition of this book and it looks fabulous! Looking forward to having Stuart Brannon a part of my life for even more years to come. :-)
Kristjan
Not even close to Louis L'Amour or Zane Grey's caliber. Poor historical research and one dimensional characters that do not develop mar what could have been an interesting story. In fact, the protagonist was irritating enough that I will not likely continue the series (the only reason I was able to finish this book was because it was read to me).
Kristy
The ultimate BEST western ever. You have Indians, you have outlaws, you have a pregnant woman who needs help, you have a search for a missing boy...it's all here. And written very very well.
Vic
Interesting book. akin to Louis Lamour.
Well written.
Cindy Barnett
Cindy Barnett marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Dec 18, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Jack Barnett
Jack Barnett marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Denise Sewell
Denise Sewell marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Lori
Lori added it
Jan 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Stephen Bly (August 17, 1944 - June 9, 2011) authored 100 books and hundreds of articles. His book, THE LONG TRAIL HOME, (Broadman & Holman), won the prestigious 2002 CHRISTY AWARD for excellence in Christian fiction in the category western novel. Three other books, PICTURE ROCK (Crossway Books), THE OUTLAW'S TWIN SISTER (Crossway Books), and LAST OF THE TEXAS CAMP (Broadman & Holman), wer...more
More about Stephen Bly...
The Senator's Other Daughter (Belles of Lordsburg #1) Memories of a Dirt Road Town (Horse Dreams Trilogy #1) The General's Notorious Widow (Belles of Lordsburg #2) The Outlaw's Twin Sister (Belles of Lordsburg #3) The Mustang Breaker (Horse Dreams Trilogy #2)