Start by marking “Dessert for Two: Small-Batch Sweets for One, Two, or a Few” as Want to Read:
Dessert for Two: Small-Batch Sweets for One, Two, or a Few

Dessert for Two: Small-Batch Sweets for One, Two, or a Few

Who doesn't love towering three-layer cakes with mounds of fluffy buttercream? Who can resist four dozen cookies fresh from the oven? Wouldn't you love to stick your spoon into a large bowl of banana pudding? What about the leftovers? Dessert recipes typically serve eight to ten people. Finding the willpower to resist extra slices of cake can be difficult; the battle ...more
Published February 3rd 2015 by Countryman Press

To ask other readers questions about Dessert for Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dessert for Two

Kath
Apr 06, 2015 Kath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Coconut Macaroons were a huge hit and so easy to make. Gluten free and sweetened with honey.
Leigh
Dec 06, 2016 Leigh rated it really liked it
Absolutely stunning hardback book with the Instragram style photographs that are so popular these days. (By Instagram, I mean soft tones and subdued colors) The book has an comprehensive index and clearly alot of thought went into the book's writing, recipes and design. I love cookbooks that are themselves beautiful and have plenty of tasty recipes to try. At $24.95, this book is not cheap but I got it anyway and I am looking forward to using it.
Trish
Feb 06, 2016 Trish rated it it was amazing
I LOVE to bake. The problem is that I rarely bake because I'm left with an entire cake for my husband and me to try to finish. We eat way too much then end up trying to pawn the rest of it off. Then I found this book and I am in love. I have to buy this book. However, there are a couple of cons:
1) You do have to buy some equipment. It's okay and it makes sense if you think about it - of course you need to purchase small ramekins and mini pie pans, thrift stores are great for this! However, there
Heather Brown
Jul 27, 2015 Heather Brown rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Sometimes you just want homemade, fresh-from-the-oven baked goods but don't want to be eating them for weeks on end. Dessert for Two is a lovely resource for anyone who questions why a cookie recipe needs to produce 42 cookies at a time. Filled with recipes for everything from cookies to mini-cakes, Dessert for Two has mouth-watering photos for each recipe, along with tips and ideas. In an age of obesity, recipes for smaller batches and cute sizes is a necessity. My reason for picking it up will ...more
Anie
Jun 27, 2015 Anie rated it really liked it
Small batch baking? Yes. Yes yes YES. I'd been eyeing this book in my local bookshop for a good three months before a friend got it for me for my birthday. I've had one recipe from it so far -- the creamsicle cookies -- and they're damn good; the rest of the recipes look like they should be at the same level. This cookbook has a lot of recipes that are more on the "down-home" side, which is unsurprising given the author's Southern roots, and it's definitely giving the waistline a better way to ...more
Ange
Dec 26, 2015 Ange rated it it was ok
I was disappointed to see pie crust that wasn't cooked all the way through in the photos of this book--no one likes a raw in the middle crust or a soggy bottom. This book seems to have been poorly edited. There were a few techniques for small baking and adapting larger recipes that I will take with me, but all in all I'm happy to have gotten this from the library instead of purchasing it.
Lisa
May 03, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS!!!! I loved it so much I went to Amazon.com right away and bought it. I got it initially from my library on an inter library loan. There are pictures with every recipe, everything looks so yummy and the best part of it all is that they are small batches that make small portions. I can't wait to try this out.
Patty
Jun 27, 2015 Patty rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome for someone like me who wants to make a small batch of a dessert! Loved all the lovely pics of the sweets and the ever so easy to follow recipes had me wanting to bake as soon as I got home.
Sophia
Jun 15, 2015 Sophia rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
The recipes aren't that great. You're better off baking the normal size baked good and freezing the leftovers (brownies or cookies unbaked) or giving them away with extra love to friends and family. This book was a huge disappointment.
Cleokatra
Jul 16, 2016 Cleokatra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, nonfiction
I borrowed this book from the library, but I'm going to need to buy a copy of my own. The recipes are so good and they're the perfect size for me.
Lee
Feb 01, 2016 Lee rated it liked it
Substantial cookbook, beautiful pictures. The brownie cookies & bruleed lemon bars look especially delicious. Interesting idea - the blueberry mason jar lid pies.
Molly
Apr 11, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book that scales desserts for two (or one empty nest individual). Good recipes for the most part. The meringue recipes give hope for small portions.
Maria
Aug 18, 2016 Maria rated it liked it
I can't make dessert for two, we eat dessert for four lol, but that's not the author's fault. Sighs.
False Millennium
Oct 13, 2015 False Millennium rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-drink
I'll be buying this book for two reasons: it meets my needs in not needing large desserts around, and she has put together a nice compilation of ideas for you to create in miniature. A keeper.
Lisa
Aug 22, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
DELICIOUS! Everything I've made from this has turned out fantastic. I have a tiny oven and these scaled-down recipes are perfect for it and for our small family.
Donna
Feb 25, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cooking
The four-ingredient peanut butter cookies and peanut butter swirl brownies alone make this worthwhile.
S T
S T rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Amanda Petty
Amanda Petty rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
EF
EF rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Jan
Mar 23, 2015 Jan rated it it was amazing
fantastic idea!
Michele E.
Michele E. rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Karlissa Kawecki
Karlissa Kawecki rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
esrra albabah
esrra albabah rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Chastity
Chastity rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Bo lalalala
Bo lalalala rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Sunny's Kitchen: Easy Food For Real Life
  • 365 Slow Cooker Suppers
  • Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off Meals Straight from the Oven
  • Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life
  • Egg: A Culinary Exploration of the World's Most Versatile Ingredient
  • America—Farm to Table: Simple, Delicious Recipes Celebrating Local Farmers
  • The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great
  • The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation
  • Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food
  • Me, Myself, and Pie
  • Savory Baking: 75 Warm and Inspiring Recipes for Crisp, Savory Baking
  • Back in the Day Bakery Made with Love: More than 100 Recipes and Make-It-Yourself Projects to Create and Share
  • The Messy Baker: More Than 75 Delicious Recipes from a Real Kitchen