Start by marking “Life Within Limits” as Want to Read:
Life Within Limits

Life Within Limits

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
A World War II WAC recalls everyday life within the confines of her military service and the fences of wartime Los Alamos. Illustrations include personal photographs and mementos, certificates of appreciation, and the WAC detachment roll.
Paperback, 2nd ed, 66 pages
Published June 1st 2002 by Los Alamos Historical Society (first published June 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Life Within Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Within Limits

Vicky
Sep 28, 2009 Vicky rated it liked it
Shelves: history
A quick read I picked up on our visit to Los Alamos, NM. Story of a WAC who served as a switchboard operator at the top-secret atomic-bobm laboratory at the end of WWII. I liked the insight from a personal as opposed to a technical point of view of life on the "hill". We also visited the museum there full of pictures and other historical items and stories of this period of our history.
Shelly
Oct 14, 2009 Shelly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: WWII Buffs
Recommended to Shelly by: Vicky
VERY interesting, especially after 109 East Palace. Different perspective and I love that little insight about Col. Groves - hysterical!!!

You can't help but say a prayer of thanks for these awesome men and women and the accomplishments they achieved. There is no way that an enterprise of this magnitude would happen in today's society.

Good Read!
Lucy Fagan
Lucy Fagan rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Wdmcneese
Wdmcneese rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2014
Crystal Phillips
Crystal Phillips marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015