Start by marking “The Miracle of Forgetness” as Want to Read:
The Miracle of Forgetness

The Miracle of Forgetness

Published October 15th 1997 by Aspen Books (first published October 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle of Forgetness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle of Forgetness

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
505 books — 453 voters
Pillar of Light by Gerald N. LundLike a Fire Burning by Gerald N. LundA Season of Joy by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
LDS Fiction
139 books — 88 voters

More lists with this book...

Brooke
I am surprised each time I read a book of Robert Smith's. Other than a few times where he is clearly trying too hard -- he's funny. The characters are colorful but usually not over-done and the writing is funny. His metaphors and similes are usually fresh and interesting and he often avoids cliche comparisons. An entertaining book with an okay love story. I just wish the letters between Rivers and Gray were in the book to create more build-up to their relationship -- some romantic chemistry befo ...more
David
Sep 07, 2012 David rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, read-in-2012
Wow. I really disliked this book and that doesn't happen for me. Some of the characters were likable enough. The rest were one directional. The plot was over-the-top, predictable, and was full of inane flashbacks that didn't have anything to really contribute to the story. The main character had way too many epiphany moments involving paragraphs of erratic thought. It's not a knock on Robert Smith - I actually liked Baptists at our Barbeque - but this one fell short on so many levels.
Susan
Nov 04, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
Gray Stevens finds contentment, some really comical characters, and a UFO when he invests in his long-lost, never knew he had, Uncle Stick's business (convenience store) in Forget. He'll even find true love when he answers an add in a church bulletin to become a pen pal--I really like the name Rivers!
Stefjo81
Feb 16, 2010 Stefjo81 rated it really liked it
WOW. This book starts off with a small, slightly odd humor and it only excells from there. While some of the book made me go "hm, really? are you kidding me?" I really enjoyed it. If I can finish a book and then continue to think about it days after then it must be good... or really, really bad. But in this case it was good. Good as in good humor. Very entertaining!
Michelle
Mar 29, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
This was a fun farce. Every character, except Gray, was colorful and quirky, and the situations were sometimes silly. But it all works together to make a fun book. I like that the story is set in the general locale of "Baptists at our BBQ". Some of those characters are referenced, but only Bob makes a repeat appearance.
Aubrey
Nov 14, 2010 Aubrey rated it really liked it
I naturally steer clear from mormon fiction, but my dad read this book and really liked it so I thought I would give it a try. And actually, I ended up really enjoying it. The author definitely has a sense of humor and successfully pulled off a plot that was both fun and witty. This was an easy read with a humorous spirit to it.
Rob
Jan 07, 2009 Rob rated it it was amazing
Terribly funny. Maybe even funnier and more eccentric than Baptists at Our Barbecue. The characters are so odd and quirky, you know that they had to be based on real people. Just hope none are based on me. Robert F. Smith is one of the few writers that can write LDS humor that is...actually funny.
Victoria
Jan 17, 2011 Victoria rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
A fun, clean, cute bunch of non-sence that some how all fits together and uplifts you a bit. One of those books that sneak a lesson in without you knowing it. I wish the author would write more books.
Christina Davis
May 08, 2008 Christina Davis rated it it was amazing
I love the Robert Smith books. They are light, funny (laugh-out-loud funny!) And really help me laugh at the sillyness of Mormon Culture. They are never offensive, and always zany. He is one of the most creative authors around.
Angie
Apr 15, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Another hilarious lds-humor book. Could use another edit (mistakes in books drive me nuts!) but otherwise definitely worth reading. 100% clean.
Jun 24, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Very clever. I loved this one. I think it goes along with Baptists at our BBQ.
Clark
Nov 13, 2008 Clark rated it it was amazing
Fun reading with a twisted sense of humor. Funny and interesting with a great ending. Would make a great movie. Smith also wrote Baptists at Our Barbeque.
Becky
Aug 20, 2008 Becky rated it really liked it
quick read
Andrea Featherstone
Sep 28, 2013 Andrea Featherstone rated it really liked it
I finally found this book! It was a great read when I was a teenager. Im looking forward to reading it again. I have a sense of humor so I laughed quite a bit.
Raymond Spitzer
May 07, 2011 Raymond Spitzer rated it really liked it
I really liked it. It obviously followed Baptists at Our Barbecue and allowed us to meet some old friends. The humor and wholesomeness are hard to beat.
Grandma
Apr 22, 2012 Grandma rated it it was ok
Silly, but funny.
Amy
Oct 11, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Not very well written, but I had to finish to see what happened.
Julie
May 02, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
Poor editing but a really fun (& funny) story.
Derrick
Derrick rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2008
Lydia
Lydia rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2015
Lisa Sumsion
Lisa Sumsion rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2010
Bradj
Bradj rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2012
Brendon Jones
Brendon Jones rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Laree
Laree rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2008
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2009
Kiora Nield
Kiora Nield rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Lauralee
Lauralee rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2010
Vikki
Vikki rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Bullies in the Headlights
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church:  Harold B. Lee
  • The Understudy
  • Saboteur: A Novel of Love and War
  • Surrounded By Strangers
  • On Second Thought
  • A Fresh Start in Fairhaven (The Fairhaven Chronicles, #1)
  • Kate's Turn
  • The Faith of a Scientist
  • The Three Gifts of Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #3)
  • Doctrines of Salvation. Complete Three-Volume Work [3-in-1]. Sermons & Writings of Joseph Fielding Smith.
  • Even as I Am