Start by marking “A Regency Christmas VIII” as Want to Read:
A Regency Christmas VIII

A Regency Christmas VIII (Signet Regency Christmas #8)

Make the season bright with these original stories of Christmas love, written by five award-winning Regency authors--Elisabeth Fairchild, Carla Kelly, Allison Lane, Edith Layton, and Barbara Metzger. Heartwarming, celebratory, and romantic, each delighful story in this eighth book in the "Regency Christmas" series captures the essence of the Yuletide spirit.
Published November 1st 1998 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about A Regency Christmas VIII, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Regency Christmas VIII

Laurie
~Three Good Deeds by Barbara Metzger, 4*: Funny and sweet
~Felicity's Forfeit by Elisabeth Fairchild, 3*
~Second Chance by Alison Lane, 3*
~The Christmas Ornament by Carla Kelly, 5*
~The Hounds of Heaven by Edith Layton, 3*
QNPoohBear
My Christmas in July reading continues with this 1998 anthology of Regency set Christmas stories.

In Three Good Deeds by Barbara Metzger, three mischievous young boys must atone for breaking a church window just before the Bishop's Christmas visit. They try to make things right in their community and bring together a long-estranged father and son who have ties to their mother's past.

Instead of an animal companion, this story has three young boys. They reminded me of my cousin when he was younger
Carmen
Dec 31, 2016 Carmen rated it liked it
My favorites are The Christmas Ornament, although not sure why a badly sprained ankle would put a person flat on his back for days, and The Hounds of Heaven, up until the last few paragraphs.
Carolyn F.
Jul 27, 2016 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
I am only reading "A Christmas Ornament" by Carla Kelly.

Very cute story about childhood friends who love each other as-is.
Ana T.
This was the last Christmas book I read in 2007. I still have a few in the TBR pile but maybe I'll save them for next Christmas.

In Barbara Metzger's THREE GOOD DEED three boys who are trying to make up for having broken one of the church's windows have to do 3 good deeds and end up matching their widowed mother with her childhood love. A B.

In Elisabeth Fairchild's FELICITY'S FORFEIT we almost have a big misunderstanding story. A ruined lord has to marry for money and doesn't realise the woman h
Carrie
Dec 09, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! Some very fun Christmas reads, short but sweet. I think Edith Layton's was my favorite if the five, I loved Titiana and her effect on Lord Rose! I wasn't as much of a fan of Carla Kelly's though, which surprised me. I've read several of her books and enjoyed them very much. There was just too much introspective thinking done by the characters, almost to the point of it being written in first person. Otherwise though, the book was fantastic and I definitely recommend i ...more
Agnes
3.75
Frances
Dec 15, 2016 Frances rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
I am going to keep this book to reread the first and the last story. The other three were not worth reading the first time.
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Gmc
Gmc rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2011
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Diane Morris
Diane Morris rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Meredith Kaur
Meredith Kaur rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
Jenny Schwartzberg
Jenny Schwartzberg rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2011
Karen Siddall
Karen Siddall rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2011
Edith Denise
Edith Denise rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2013
Sue Burke
Sue Burke rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2011
Harriette
Harriette rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Kelly Wong
Kelly Wong rated it really liked it
May 11, 2008
Janet
Oct 08, 2010 Janet rated it really liked it
The story by Carla Kelly, The Christmas Ornament, is particularly good.
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Barbara Metzger is the author of over three dozen books and a dozen novellas. She has also been an editor, a proof-reader, a greeting card verse-writer, and an artist. When not painting, writing romances or reading them, she volunteers at the local library, gardens and goes beach-combing and yard-saling.

Her novels, mostly set in Regency-era England, have won numerous awards, including the Romance
More about Barbara Metzger...

Signet Regency Christmas (9 books)
  • A Regency Christmas