Start by marking “Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms, #5)” as Want to Read:
Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms, #5)

Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms #5)

THE CHRISTMAS CHILDREN

Reserved widow Eileen Pierce never considered herself the kind of woman who was cut out to be a mother. She wouldn't know what to do with one child, much less ten. But when handyman Simon Tucker is stranded in town with a group of young orphans at Christmastime, she discovers she can't just turn them away.

Simon knows there's more to Eileen than me
Published November 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published November 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Holiday Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Holiday Family

As You Are by Sarah M. EdenFor Elise by Sarah M. EdenHope Springs by Sarah M. EdenFull Steam Ahead by Karen WitemeyerBecoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer  Moore
2014 Swoony Awards
357th out of 539 books — 1,665 voters
Beauty in Disguise by Mary   MooreSecond Chance Cinderella by Carla CapshawFamily of the Heart by Dorothy ClarkA Royal Marriage by Rachelle McCallaMasked by Moonlight by Allie Pleiter
Love Inspired Historical
20th out of 56 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Lyn
Oct 18, 2015 Lyn rated it really liked it
Once again Author Winnie Griggs did not disappoint me. A very sweet holiday romance, set in Texas.

This time we have a woman who has lived one lie and then another but a good man and ten orphans land on her doorstep and nothing in her life will ever be the same again!

(Children have a way of changing things, don't they?)

Ellen Pierce is the heroine, a widow who has felt cut off from the town after her husband's death. Simon Tucker is the hero who was merely helping a woman move her orphans to a ne
Paula-O
Jun 09, 2015 Paula-O rated it really liked it
Series "Texas Grooms" book #5 Her Holiday Family by Winnie Griggs

I enjoy reading the LIH books, good authors and good stories go together in this group.
Eileen Pierce was a reserved widow who had her life organized just as she wanted it and did not plan on being a mother any time soon. This changes when Simon comes into her life with a group of 10 children looking for a place to stay while the woman that had taken care of them has a stroke.
Eileen looks on with interest when the church talks to t
Rhonda
Nov 20, 2014 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I was surprised about how much I liked Eileen Pierce. If you have read any books in the Texas Groom series you will want to read this one.
Eileen Pierce for the last two years as been keeping by herself since her husband died and his crimes came to light. I understand and enjoyed learning more about her.

Simon Tucker was escorting 10 children and their guardian Miss Georgina Fredrick. They were moving from the city to a western city to a bigger house. When Georgina had a stroke and they
Janine
Oct 10, 2014 Janine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Her Holiday Family” by Winnie Griggs is another wonderful part of Ms. Griggs series, “Texas Grooms”. Though it is part of a series this is a wonderful stand alone book with some wonderful story lines that really made me think. Though the word Holiday is part of the title and it does have a pretty special part in the book, there is so much more to the book though in its own subtle way it shows the Christmas meaning is a wondrous way.

Eileen is a woman who has intrigued me since the first book “H
Sharon
Sep 15, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Great story and characters. Eileen is from the upper crust of society but has her own set of problems. She is challenged to face her problems by 10 needy children and one very handsome man. She has a kind, caring heart down deep inside.
Simon accompanies the orphans on their move from one home to another but encounters all kinds of obstacles in his efforts to help them. His strong, kind character is appreciated by the children and Eileen.
I really enjoyed the author's writing style, character deve
Heather Hart
Dec 16, 2014 Heather Hart rated it it was amazing
Eileen Pierce was wealthy and spoiled, but she is trying to hide just how far she has fallen from a town that already looks down on her. Can she continue to hide her secret when she is coerced into taking in ten stranded children and their temporary guardian?

Simon Tucker is intrigued by the ice queen that offers them shelter while the caretaker of the ten kids he has been escorting to their new home recovers from her stroke. Even more interesting is the fact that she obviously doesn't want them
Clare O'Beara
This historical romance can be quite amusing as a solitary widow who pretends wealth to keep up appearances in a small Texas town, finds ten children under her feet. She's also got their temporary guardian, a cabinet-maker and handyman. Ah well, at least he's good for making repairs in her big and formerly empty house.

I was not convinced that such a small town would have a sweet shop and a toy shop. These items would have been largely made at home. People did not have a lot of money to spend an
Ashley Graham
Nov 13, 2014 Ashley Graham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This was a lovely book, my first time reading from this author, and she did a wonderful job at writing this book. I've come to find out that she has written more books that I will read as well. If you are looking to read a lovely book, I recommend this book. She takes in 10 orphans and a man, while they wait to see if the caregiver will make full recovery from the hospital. Like I said if you like to read a book that you won't want to put down this is it, you will catch yourself smiling, a few ...more
Dec 16, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Her Holiday Family has been by far my most favorite book in the Turnabout series! It took me almost until the end of the book to realize who Eileen Pierce was from the very first book Handpicked Husband; which was another good one!
Simon Tucker found himself the ward of ten children after Miss Frederick's (the children's caretaker) suffers a stroke on the train, as they were traveling to their new home. Now they were stranded in Turnabout and needing assistant.
Enter Eileen Pierce who appears to
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Often I find it hard to enjoy a book where the heroine has an unlikeable personality, but the storyline and other characters kept me reading and more than made up for her flaws until Eileen's reserved and prideful nature dissipated. The author chose wait until nearly the end of the book to reveal to the reader as well as Simon the reason for Eileen's uptightness, which made it more of an effort to get to know her true character... however I think it was an effective method of letting the reader ...more
Shelley
Dec 22, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it
Formerly wealthy Eileen has been ostracised by her community for two years since the death of her husband, but things slowly start to change when a man with 10 orphan children need a place to stay and her home is the only one big enough to fit the whole crew. Her characters are just always so well developed and the stories never seem rushed. Loved Eileen, Simon, Nana Dovie and the kids, and I want my own secret tower room.
Carmen Kingsley
Nov 07, 2014 Carmen Kingsley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romances/love insprired romances
If you look forward to reading Love Inspired historical novels, enjoy strong heroes and interesting heroines then you will thoroughly enjoy this book. It took me only one day to read this book. It was that good. The story made me laugh and made me cry. It has a well thought out plot, is well written has engaging and believable characters and has several twists and turns. Winnie Griggs is a writer I will most certainly read again.
Judine Brey
Jul 05, 2016 Judine Brey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, christian
This is a charming late 19th century story of how a "family" of 10 orphans bring together two caretakers. Eileen and Simon's romance over the course of November and December is touching, but the best moment is Eileen connecting with 13-year-old Fern - in a hidden turret room (I still totally need to find a house with one of those).
Harlequin Books
"There are a number of intriguing characters in this heartwarming tale of acceptance. With the hero and God’s help, the heroine finds happiness and a life worth living" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars).
Shelly Dabbs
Oct 09, 2014 Shelly Dabbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very heart warming story. A woman who was shunned by the town takes in a group of orphans & the man who has found himself in charge of them. It shows what love, trust & compassion can do to change the lives of everyone in the house.
Faith
This is one of the best Christian Western Romances I have read in quite awhile. Winnie Griggs put God in without beating you over the head with it and the romance was clean throughout.
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Debi
Debi rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Ted Lawrence
Ted Lawrence rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Janis Kay
Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Mercy
Mercy rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Jerry Robinson
Jerry Robinson rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2015
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Susan Vance
Susan Vance rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 04:11PM
  • The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • The Husband Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #3)
  • The Captain's Christmas Family (Glass Slipper Brides, #1)
  • Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #4)
  • Finally a Bride (Charity House, #7)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Married by Christmas (Smoky Mountain Matches, #5)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • A Rumored Engagement
  • A Convenient Wife
191160
Winnie Griggs grew up in south Louisiana in an undeveloped area her friends thought of as the very back of beyond. With her two younger siblings and another family of two siblings for playmates, she spent many an hour exploring the overgrown land around her home, cutting jungle trails, building forts and frontier camps, and looking for pirate ships on the nearby bayou.

Once she ‘grew up’ she found
More about Winnie Griggs...

Texas Grooms (8 books)
  • Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1)
  • The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)
  • A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3)
  • Lone Star Heiress (Texas Grooms, #4)
  • Second Chance Hero (Texas Grooms, #6)
  • The Holiday Courtship (Texas Grooms, #7)
  • Texas Cinderella