Start by marking “Sculpting Her Body Perfect” as Want to Read:
Sculpting Her Body Perfect

Sculpting Her Body Perfect

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Covers the exercises you need to achieve your body-shaping goals. This title demonstrates them in an easy-to-follow fashion on the accompanying 60-minute DVD. It provides targeted bodysculpting instruction to smooth out any remaining problem areas.
Paperback, Third Edition, 240 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Human Kinetics (first published August 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sculpting Her Body Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sculpting Her Body Perfect

Fiona
I should start by saying I'm probably not the target market for this book. All the real life stories seemed to be women who entered competitions where what their body looks like mattered. I'm more your working mother with not much time but I do enjoy using weights and hoped to pick up some new ideas and exercises.

I'm at the level 2 stage, not terribly experienced but not a beginner either. I was already familiar with most of the exercises. The thing that struck me was being advised to pick two e
Marty
Good advice on resistance training exercises that backed up what my trainer already taught me. I was a little disappointed with the photos.
JoDell
I love this approach to weight lifting! I've tried several different weight lifting approaches and this is, by far, the best I've come across. I love that its tailored to women. I have used this approach and been happy with the results. By following this approach to strength training, you will add tone but not bulk. And its tailored to women of all fitness abilities and goals--from those who just want a little more tone and strength to those who want to compete in fitness competitions. The only ...more
Lauralea
I think anyone doing the weight training program prescribed by this book will have outstanding results. The timelines, reps, and sets prescriptions are some of the more sensible I've seen. If your goal is to find a great program and don't really care about the science behind it, this is the book for you.

On the other hand, as a personal trainer (ACE certified), I was disappointed that the philosophy wasn't more scientifically sophisticated. There are some good pointers for what types of exercises
Pamela Gordon
I love Schoenfeld's books and have used them for years. This was one of my first strength training books and it was my workout bible for a long time. I learned a lot from it.
Catherine
This was a really good book. The information was presented clearly and concisely. Diagrams and pictures were very helpful too.
Roxanne
Very well done - I would have liked to see some example workout programs (not for individual body groups, but for overall body sculpting - at the end of the book as a sort of template), but this certainly gives some great guidance and good workout schedules per body part that will make it easy to incorporate into an overall body plan.
Supachick
I loved this book - it is what sold me on weight training with free weights, and gave me the confidence to set up my own programs. To me, its the basic bible of weight training - everything else is an add-on.
Amanda
Good book, but doesn't cover how to modify your workout schedule when you've sustained an injury.
Maram Mejri
Maram Mejri marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Amy Sjoquist
Amy Sjoquist marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Amr Farouk
Amr Farouk marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Audrey Hobbs
Audrey Hobbs marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Brad Schoenfeld, CSCS, CPT is widely regarded as one of America's leading fitness experts. He is the owner of the exclusive Personal Training Center for Women in Scarsdale, New York. Schoenfeld is a lifetime drug-free bodybuilder who has won numerous natural bodybuilding titles, including the All Natural Physique and Power Conference (ANPPC) Tri-State Naturals and USA Mixed Pairs crowns.

Schoenfeld
More about Brad Schoenfeld...
Women's Home Workout Bible M.A.X. Muscle Plan, The 28-Day Body Shapeover Foundations of Sport & Exercise Psychology Look Great Sleeveless