Start by marking “Sculpting Her Body Perfect” as Want to Read:
Sculpting Her Body Perfect

Sculpting Her Body Perfect

Covers the exercises you need to achieve your body-shaping goals. This title demonstrates them in an easy-to-follow fashion on the accompanying 60-minute DVD. It provides targeted bodysculpting instruction to smooth out any remaining problem areas.
Paperback, Third Edition, 240 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Human Kinetics (first published August 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sculpting Her Body Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sculpting Her Body Perfect

Fiona
May 08, 2015 Fiona rated it it was ok
I should start by saying I'm probably not the target market for this book. All the real life stories seemed to be women who entered competitions where what their body looks like mattered. I'm more your working mother with not much time but I do enjoy using weights and hoped to pick up some new ideas and exercises.

I'm at the level 2 stage, not terribly experienced but not a beginner either. I was already familiar with most of the exercises. The thing that struck me was being advised to pick two e
JoDell
Jun 04, 2011 JoDell rated it really liked it
I love this approach to weight lifting! I've tried several different weight lifting approaches and this is, by far, the best I've come across. I love that its tailored to women. I have used this approach and been happy with the results. By following this approach to strength training, you will add tone but not bulk. And its tailored to women of all fitness abilities and goals--from those who just want a little more tone and strength to those who want to compete in fitness competitions. The only ...more
Marty
May 09, 2008 Marty rated it liked it
Good advice on resistance training exercises that backed up what my trainer already taught me. I was a little disappointed with the photos.
Lauralea
Jan 20, 2012 Lauralea rated it it was ok
I think anyone doing the weight training program prescribed by this book will have outstanding results. The timelines, reps, and sets prescriptions are some of the more sensible I've seen. If your goal is to find a great program and don't really care about the science behind it, this is the book for you.

On the other hand, as a personal trainer (ACE certified), I was disappointed that the philosophy wasn't more scientifically sophisticated. There are some good pointers for what types of exercises
Roxanne
Nov 06, 2012 Roxanne rated it really liked it
Very well done - I would have liked to see some example workout programs (not for individual body groups, but for overall body sculpting - at the end of the book as a sort of template), but this certainly gives some great guidance and good workout schedules per body part that will make it easy to incorporate into an overall body plan.
Supachick
Aug 10, 2008 Supachick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book - it is what sold me on weight training with free weights, and gave me the confidence to set up my own programs. To me, its the basic bible of weight training - everything else is an add-on.
Hannah
Jul 26, 2011 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent exercises included but it thrives on the fact that you either have a gym membership or home gym equipment. Not a go-to guide for me.
Amanda
Jun 17, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
Good book, but doesn't cover how to modify your workout schedule when you've sustained an injury.
Catherine
Jan 30, 2015 Catherine rated it really liked it
This was a really good book. The information was presented clearly and concisely. Diagrams and pictures were very helpful too.
Pamela Gordon
Apr 14, 2015 Pamela Gordon rated it it was amazing
I love Schoenfeld's books and have used them for years. This was one of my first strength training books and it was my workout bible for a long time. I learned a lot from it.
Ngan Nguyen
Ngan Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Judith
Judith rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Nwtw
Nwtw rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Sue Outlaw
Sue Outlaw rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2009
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Ginger Corr
Ginger Corr rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2015
Leisa
Leisa rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
V Dixon
V Dixon rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Lynn Jackson
Lynn Jackson rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2016
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2013
Michelle Forchetti
Michelle Forchetti rated it did not like it
May 27, 2015
Leisa
Leisa rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2016
Patricia Selmo
Patricia Selmo rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Zoovia
Zoovia rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2008
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Judy Gemes
Judy Gemes rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Monua Cary
Monua Cary rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Brad Schoenfeld, CSCS, CPT is widely regarded as one of America's leading fitness experts. He is the owner of the exclusive Personal Training Center for Women in Scarsdale, New York. Schoenfeld is a lifetime drug-free bodybuilder who has won numerous natural bodybuilding titles, including the All Natural Physique and Power Conference (ANPPC) Tri-State Naturals and USA Mixed Pairs crowns.

Schoenfeld
More about Brad Schoenfeld...