Start by marking “Going the Distance” as Want to Read:
Going the Distance

Going the Distance (Wilinski's #2)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  237 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Rules of the Ring...

No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Lindsey Tuttle always thought Rich Estrada was a whole lot of sexy. What's not to lust after? He's a gorgeous mixed martial arts fighter. When they find themselves heating up during an unexpected--and superintense--make-out session, Lindsey is ready...until Rich ends it with no explanation.

Three rounds...
Now it's almost a year
Published April 24th 2014 by Harlequin Blaze (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Going the Distance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going the Distance

Regina
Oh this book was satisfying. It just hit it right for me. Sexy hero (and by sexy I mean big, muscly and a fighter) – check! Heroine with some stuff to figure out – check! Good background cast – check! Perfect hero who says and does everything right and is a billionaire – no check. Heroine with perfect body and all the right assets who has all the men falling all over her – umm no, the heroine’s perfect body is not the focus of the story. Great steamy sex that the reader doesn’t have to wait fore ...more
Angie Elle
Dec 16, 2014 Angie Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I really love about this book—and also the first one in this series, Making Him Sweat—is that it's so realistic. I feel like this story could happen to any one of my friends. (Well, the unmarried ones.)

The men aren't super suave, their bank accounts aren't astronomical, and they don't always say exactly the right thing, but they're things I can actually hear a man saying.

This is a fun story about the bad boy who's constantly flirting with and teasing the good girl—the adult version of pulli
D
Aug 02, 2013 D rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Cara McKenna/excellent contemporary romance
fairly high 3s

all of cara mckenna/meg maguire's strengths are present here -- fairly fully realized, diverse casts of characters; secondary and tertiary characters that nicely fill out the novel's world with a nice blend of believability, creativity, and unobtrusiveness; plausible and usually enjoyable dialogue; carefully crafted, non-head-desk-y obstacles that ratchet up the tension in a *reasonable* way; denouements that are satisfying without being over-the-top; hot chemistry and sex scenes;
Jessica
So I found this new website similar to oyster/scribd (playster) and decided to give it a shot since there was a free trial, for the most part there's not a lot to choose from but they are rocking it with these harlequin books. So this website's apparently still in beta and they have a LOT of things to fix. I had chosen the third in this series last night as today's read but this one topped my history for some reason. SO i accidentally got 10 or so pages in before realizing it wasn't the one I wa ...more
Jane Stewart
Contrived conflicts annoyed me. I wanted more of a story.

The sex scenes were good. But not good enough to make me want to buy the book. The secondary story about Lindsey’s sister had my interest. I would have liked more of that. The main story didn’t do anything for me. Most of the time is spent in Lindsey’s head as she ogles, desires, and pines for Rich. The conflicts that annoyed me were:

(view spoiler)
Camille
3.6

It's good. Another time I really wished GR did half stars.
This woman is wonderfully adept at getting into the interior of the psyche. Her characters are always well worth it.
Holly
Jun 14, 2015 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm back! While I was never really here all that much, I have been reading many books. I just haven't been reviewing at all...however I'm trying to get back into it and this book is my second start so to speak. I looooove Meg Maguire and almost all of her books. This one was no exception. When I look for romance and raunchiness combined, I always come to her for it. Although this book was straight up my alley, I wasn't absolutely thrilled with it. Don't get me wrong, I still adored it. I'm hones ...more
PepsiGirl
Can't say enough how much I love Maguire's writing style it just flows off the page. So much more depth and emotion than her contemporaries. You really get in touch with her characters thoughts and feelings. Lindsey is a strong minded woman that had never been treated like she is anyone special. Lindsey and Rich had a casual acquaintance he would flirt with her when he was in town and she really didn't know him. Rich was suave and a player so she thought, but she never really got to know him unt ...more
babyfishmouth
2.5 Stars

Middle of the road Harlequin Blaze which is odd because usually I love anything written by Meg Maguire (aka Cara McKenna).

There are some good, emotionally satisfying scenes between the hero/heroine but the Mixed Martial Arts backdrop along with the subplots didn’t appeal to me.
Sunny
Sep 20, 2015 Sunny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Liked it, although it's way fluffier than the stuff under her other pen name. I especially liked the side story line with the teenaged sister although I was slightly shocked that at 17 she had never held a job! Are kids really that spoiled and useless these days?

The main romance was fine, but the story ended way too abruptly and I really didn't like how cute the ending got. It turned something that had felt kinda real into cotton candy made with food coloring.

I suspect there may have been a pag
Louise
Dec 16, 2014 Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, hot-hot-hot
This was way better than the first and third book in the series!
Amanda
Apr 16, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series

Lindsey has been fighting the attraction she has to Rich since she started working at Spark Matchmaking. She has a boyfriend and even though they are on again, off again she's convinced that Rich is all talk and after a one night stand. Watching him win a fight and knowing that he's leaving for bigger and better things she lets loose a bit and gives in to the attraction only for Rich to back off after receiving a text message. Lindsey is convinced that its a girl and its for the best, I mean he'
UltraMeital
WOW! what a pleasure this one was! Though I liked the first one of Mercer and Jenna, I loved this one much more!

So we have Rich Estrada a YUM of a boxer but also a rising star. After a sucessful fight he is signed off, during the after party of the fight he and Lindsey share a very passionate kiss but it ends too quickly leaving the both of them with a memory they wish they could repeat but understand they can't.

Forgot who Lendsey is? Jenna's very capable assistant in the matchmaking agency plac
Kj
Aug 17, 2013 Kj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. Rich and Lindsey are both interesting, layered characters. I loved the connection that they made amidst the crushes they had on each other and I loved watching their crushes and physical attraction grow into more. The sex scenes were steamy even when it was just a kiss.I didn't however like the ending. I mean, it was...ok. It really needed more, more feeling, more pages, something more. In fact I double checked for more after I had put it down. I realize that there will be ano ...more
Sara
Jun 29, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
I had been meaning to read this for ages, so of course when I finally do I love it.
Introvertitude
Didn't work for me.
Lit. 4 Ladies
Mar 13, 2014 Lit. 4 Ladies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fighters
3T/3H
Joni Osborne
Aug 02, 2013 Joni Osborne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok Love I loved Lindsey and Rich. I have officially written off liking Jenna. She way overly in her own head and getting into others business when she just needs to stay out. I almost stopped reading this book because of her being so annoying. Another disappointment was I felt there should have been more to the story. I felt there was no ending. I hope the next book will add to Lindsey and Richs story.
Lyn Townsend
Dec 13, 2014 Lyn Townsend rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who would have thought a fighter could be this sexy! Great story with a hunky main character!
Sierra Dean
Aug 31, 2013 Sierra Dean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, romance, sports
I never expect less than an awesome story with great relatable characters from Meg Maguire (who also pens my favorite erotic romance as Cara McKenna).

I wish this book had been longer so I could see where things went with Rich. But other than that, zero complaints. A fun, sweet, thoroughly enjoyable read.
Christie
This was given to me as a gift, which is partly the reason I read it. I have never been a big fan of Harlequins, and this didn't change my mind any. The writing style was all right, but I wasn't able to get into it at all.

Still, a gift is a gift. No can go back to reading my Gaiman books now?
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Taking Him Down (Wolinski's #2) Really good - Auto-buy good. I liked both the H/h, nice internal conflict and characters (primary and secondary). ...more
Courtnie
Read during Cara McKenna kick.
Has the signature hero that you just can't let go of, but was lacking overall in content and sizzle.
Moira
A really nice story but the ending was too abrupt for me. I wanted to know what happened with the article. The story was just left hanging.
Gail
Aug 09, 2013 Gail rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
Not sure how I feel about MMA being a hero's occupation - almost had to force myself to get through this one. Took me 6 days to read it.
I Love Romantic Fiction blog
Struggled to finish this book - had greater expectations as the author is seriously talented. Lack of action considering it's MMA. Meh.
Tammy Niblett
It's nice to read a New Adult book without huge amounts of angst. This has a nice romance with realistic relationship problems.
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Maylin
Aug 23, 2013 Maylin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, erotica, romance
Meg Maguire can always be relied on for a good read. Her characters come alive and the situations seem real.
Vika Solanki
Very Interesting read! Loved the whole chemistry between Rich and Lindsey. Loved Maya!!!
  • To the Limit
  • Ready and Willing
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Sizzle
  • Half-Hitched
  • She's No Angel (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • No Strings...
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • Follow My Lead (Stepping Up Trilogy, #2)
  • The Rule-Breaker
  • Lead Me On
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • Command Performance
  • Midnight Special / Coming on Strong
  • Below the Belt
Since she began writing in 2008, Meg Maguire has published nearly forty romances and erotic novels with a variety of publishers, sometimes under the pen names Cara McKenna and C.M. McKenna. Her stories have been acclaimed for their smart, modern voice and defiance of convention. She was a 2015 RITA Award finalist, a 2014 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award winner, a 2012 and 2011 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award ...more
More about Meg Maguire...

Wilinski's (3 books)
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)