Start by marking “Monkey See, Monkey Die (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Monkey See, Monkey Die (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #7)

Monkey See, Monkey Die (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery #7)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Is a certain vet detective about to become an endangered species?

It’s been over a decade since Jessica Popper spoke to vet-school friend Erin Walsh. So when Erin calls out of the blue, Jess agrees to meet her. When Erin doesn’t show, Jessie begins to suspect that her old pal was making a monkey out of her—until she learns that Erin was murdered.

Jessie can’t resist getting
Published July 29th 2008 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Monkey See, Monkey Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monkey See, Monkey Die

Ladiibbug
Oct 11, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Fans
#7 Reigning Cats & Dogs mystery series (Vet/amateur sleuth Jessica Popper)

Jessica is awakened before dawn by a phone call from a vet school friend she hasn't heard from in ten years. Erin urges Jessica to meet her immediately, as she has an urgent problem and needs Jessica's help. When Erin is a no-show at the coffee shop, Jessica learns she's been murdered.

As always, Cynthia Baxter's cozy mystery series features lots of four legged, feathered friends as mobile vet Jessica is drawn into a mu
Kristen
Jan 31, 2010 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: serial-cozy, 11-09, 2010
This is another great Jessica Popper cozy in the Reigning Cats and Dogs series by Cynthia Baxter. While Jessica's getting ready to marry Nick, a call from a friend from vet school calls her for help, before she's murdered. It's up to Jessica to find out more about friend's life and work at the zoo, while dealing with exotic animals and suspicions from an unexpected person. Shocking twists and turns. Though I skipped #5-6, which I'll read later this year, I can't wait to read #8 next year, along ...more
Sissi Mise
Excellent read
Lori Whitwam
Dec 12, 2008 Lori Whitwam rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-dog
This series just is what it is. Mobile house-call vet Jessica Popper. Lots of fun, familiar characters, plenty of appearances by pets, and a decent story line. You can usually see all the plot points coming, if you're paying attention, but when reading a cozy mystery, you're usually just letting your brain rest, be entertained, and coast along.
Elaine
Nov 29, 2009 Elaine rated it liked it
I am loving this fun book. It's about a veterinarian detective . . . which is right up my alley! I love the author's description of all the animals and the silly things they do while the main character is trying to solve a murder. It is quite enjoyable to read it while I'm munching on my pumpkin cookies!
Jenny
Jul 05, 2009 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is another story in the series featuring Long Island veterinarian, Jessie Popper. (Although if you are trying to figure out the location references, the names of the Long Island towns have been changed.) Jessie stumbles into a illegal animal smuggling business in this "light" mystery.
Julie Bowerman
Aug 14, 2010 Julie Bowerman rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Reigning Cats and Dogs Mysteries are cute, fluffy reads. This one involves the murder of vet school classmate Erin and may or may not have ended with Jessie's wedding to Nick. It was a good beach book.
Daniel
Feb 27, 2013 Daniel rated it liked it
I thought this one was good. I liked the characters on her suspect list. This author always has you guessing until about halfway through the book. The zoo angle was different too, which I liked.
Kari
Nov 02, 2011 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2009
Two weeks before her wedding, Jessica gets a call form an old vet friend...on the day she dies. Investigations uncover an illegal exotic pet smuggling business.
Nancy
Jul 10, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
Continue to enjoy the series. Sometimes a little alike, but each book has focused on different things so you also learn quite a bit about them.
Megan
any book with a monkey on the cover can't be too bad :) kinda reminded me of a stephanie plum novel...some funny moments and a fast read...
Lindig
Nov 22, 2011 Lindig rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, unfinished
Very light but amusing. Decent characterizations. Info dumps occasionally. I'll try another.
Barbara
Apr 13, 2013 Barbara rated it liked it
Cute book in the series. Enjoyed the focus on exotic animals I'm this one.
Joanie
Mar 10, 2013 Joanie added it
Do not like this author.
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Maya McMullan
Maya McMullan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Victoria Lynn
Victoria Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Doreen
Doreen added it
Jun 01, 2016
Kara
Kara added it
May 29, 2016
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Joyce Pearce
Joyce Pearce marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Jill
Jill added it
Apr 22, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
MVB
MVB marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Mar 22, 2016
CottonCandy
CottonCandy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Tacked to Death (Horse Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Once Bitten (Melanie Travis, #8)
  • The Hangman's Row Enquiry (Ivy Beasley, #1)
  • Dead Write (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #3)
  • Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)
  • A Wedding to Die For (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #2)
(from author's website)

Dear Reader,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my web site! I love the fact that the Internet makes it so easy to "talk" to readers (and to hear from them, too - my email address is below).

My favorite thing to do is read - and my second favorite is to write. Since 2003, I've been writing The Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery Series, which features veterinarian Jessica Po
More about Cynthia Baxter...

Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery (9 books)
  • Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1)
  • Putting On The Dog (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #2)
  • Lead a Horse to Murder (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #3)
  • Hare Today, Dead Tomorrow (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #4)
  • Right from the Gecko (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #5)
  • Who's Kitten Who? (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #6)
  • Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #8)
  • Crossing the Lion (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #9)