Start by marking “Sacred Choices: Thinking Outside the Tribe to Heal Your Spirit” as Want to Read:
Sacred Choices: Thinking Outside the Tribe to Heal Your Spirit

Sacred Choices: Thinking Outside the Tribe to Heal Your Spirit

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
When you are making a decision, do you feel torn between what you are supposed to do and what you would like to do? Do you feel unable to live a fully spontaneous and authentic life? Are you troubled that some of the things you do conflict with your intuition or inner knowing? Have you wondered why your positive affirmations aren’t coming true? In general, do you feel stuc ...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Crown Archetype

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Choices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Choices

Saiisha
Apr 07, 2016 Saiisha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, spiritual
I just finished reading this book, and was pleasantly surprised by its practical wisdom! Just like Loving What Is (by Byron Katie), this book is for anyone who wants to dive deeper into limiting beliefs and behaviors that hold them back, understand that they're beliefs handed down to us through our "tribes", and have the willingness and courage to counter those beliefs. It's amazing how one seemingly small belief can run our lives against all that we hope and dream for. This book is filled with ...more
Tara
Aug 06, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I read this, finally, in three sittings over three days at the park near the lake. There wasn't really anything I didn't know in the book, but the way the information is presented clicked in a way that hasn't before.

And I will always ask now if something is giving me "good, good, good... good vibrations." :-)

A good book for those who need support in choosing their own path, especially when a "tribal belief" -- that annoying voice in your head that you didn't put there, or just the feeling that w
Allison
Sep 29, 2008 Allison rated it it was amazing
This book is fascinating.

The author, Christel Nani was an ER nurse and is now a medical inuitive - she explains how to find your truth - and to live according to your spirit - and how to eliminate limiting beliefs in your life that you may not even know you have -

This is one of those books you will think about long after you've read it
Amy Leigh
Feb 22, 2008 Amy Leigh rated it really liked it
Christel Nani has clearly been influenced by carolyn myss. and while i expected that to bother me, it didn't at all. instead of being derivative, nani does a nice job of synthesizing a couple of myss's core concepts (tribal beliefs, archetypes) and synthesizing them with her own solid perspective.

the focus of this book is to provoke the reader to dig out the hundred gajillion subconscious beliefs that organize our lives. it's sort of like attempting to debug your psychological base code.

she's a
Mike
Sep 19, 2015 Mike rated it really liked it
I liked the notion of "thinking outside the tribe," as a way to recognize how accepted cultural cliches become ingrained and can limit our view of what's possible in our own lives. I was hooked early on when she gave a list of "symptoms" that might indicate this affliction - and I exhibited them ALL. Gave me some tools and inspiration to try to move forward with my own spirit leading the way.
Cassandra Woods
May 16, 2007 Cassandra Woods rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who want to ditch stinky rotten old habits
yeah, there's been a trend of the sorta "self help/spiritual awakening" type books for the last couple years. i think i'm almost enlightened :)! fact is, the ones i've read so far have been incredible. who knew books could be so---personal?!
this one is a comprehensive guide to identifying "tribal beliefs" you have and whether they are serving you or are destructive; like things you learned from your parents, jobs, friends, etc., covering areas like family, money, work and marriage. chances are y
Stephanie
Dec 27, 2007 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone open to examining their beliefs and possibly expanding them
This is a very powerful book. I didn't finish it because I got it from the library near Christmas and got too busy. I haven't read any other book that comes close to this one in its ability to help people learn how some of our closely-held beliefs can limit our joy and harm our health. I recommend it highly, and plan to finish it asap.
Anna Maria
Jan 03, 2009 Anna Maria rated it it was amazing
Healing tribal belief systems can help us move forward. Christel Nani delves into this important life changing topic. It's an area of life quite often overlooked. Christel brings it to an awareness that can literally change the way we look at past beliefs. Keep this one on your shelf.
Jan
Apr 13, 2013 Jan rated it really liked it
This book provided me with some really useful insights into our deeply ingrained beliefs - and how they can both help and hurt. You have to be willing to give up some big societal norms, but take the time and you will find some great ideas to change things that may be paralyzing you.
Coni
Dec 31, 2009 Coni rated it it was amazing
I have highlited this book with stickers when it rings true to my soul. Most beautiful in concept and stickers! Confirmed much of what I believe to be truth about life. Excellent read!
Leslie Nord
Mar 08, 2010 Leslie Nord rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Find out what beliefs you have that might be getting in the way of happiness. Great read for anyone who wants to be happier and more satisfied with life.
Kimi Wolf
Jan 27, 2011 Kimi Wolf rated it it was amazing
This book and Chistel's other books and CD's have changed my life. She is the real deal!
Barbc
Sep 10, 2013 Barbc marked it as to-read
Soumya
Soumya marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Dwm
Dwm rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Iona  Stewart
Iona Stewart marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Sunny Jones
Sunny Jones marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
J.D.
J.D. marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Raghavy
Raghavy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Robert Zajac
Robert Zajac marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Penny Conlan
Penny Conlan rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Tanya Dawn
Tanya Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Cg
Cg marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Amy Robertson
Amy Robertson marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Sian
Sian is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2015
Earl Perkins
Earl Perkins marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015