Sacred Choices: Thinking Outside the Tribe to Heal Your Spirit

Sacred Choices: Thinking Outside the Tribe to Heal Your Spirit

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When you are making a decision, do you feel torn between what you are supposed to do and what you would like to do? Do you feel unable to live a fully spontaneous and authentic life? Are you troubled that some of the things you do conflict with your intuition or inner knowing? Have you wondered why your positive affirmations aren’t coming true? In general, do you feel stuc...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Crown Archetype

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Choices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Choices

Amy Leigh
Christel Nani has clearly been influenced by carolyn myss. and while i expected that to bother me, it didn't at all. instead of being derivative, nani does a nice job of synthesizing a couple of myss's core concepts (tribal beliefs, archetypes) and synthesizing them with her own solid perspective.

the focus of this book is to provoke the reader to dig out the hundred gajillion subconscious beliefs that organize our lives. it's sort of like attempting to debug your psychological base code.

she's a...more
Cassandra Woods
May 16, 2007 Cassandra Woods rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who want to ditch stinky rotten old habits
yeah, there's been a trend of the sorta "self help/spiritual awakening" type books for the last couple years. i think i'm almost enlightened :)! fact is, the ones i've read so far have been incredible. who knew books could be so---personal?!
this one is a comprehensive guide to identifying "tribal beliefs" you have and whether they are serving you or are destructive; like things you learned from your parents, jobs, friends, etc., covering areas like family, money, work and marriage. chances are y...more
Tara
I read this, finally, in three sittings over three days at the park near the lake. There wasn't really anything I didn't know in the book, but the way the information is presented clicked in a way that hasn't before.

And I will always ask now if something is giving me "good, good, good... good vibrations." :-)

A good book for those who need support in choosing their own path, especially when a "tribal belief" -- that annoying voice in your head that you didn't put there, or just the feeling that w...more
Allison
This book is fascinating.

The author, Christel Nani was an ER nurse and is now a medical inuitive - she explains how to find your truth - and to live according to your spirit - and how to eliminate limiting beliefs in your life that you may not even know you have -

This is one of those books you will think about long after you've read it
Stephanie
Dec 27, 2007 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone open to examining their beliefs and possibly expanding them
This is a very powerful book. I didn't finish it because I got it from the library near Christmas and got too busy. I haven't read any other book that comes close to this one in its ability to help people learn how some of our closely-held beliefs can limit our joy and harm our health. I recommend it highly, and plan to finish it asap.
Anna Maria
Healing tribal belief systems can help us move forward. Christel Nani delves into this important life changing topic. It's an area of life quite often overlooked. Christel brings it to an awareness that can literally change the way we look at past beliefs. Keep this one on your shelf.
Jan
This book provided me with some really useful insights into our deeply ingrained beliefs - and how they can both help and hurt. You have to be willing to give up some big societal norms, but take the time and you will find some great ideas to change things that may be paralyzing you.
Coni
I have highlited this book with stickers when it rings true to my soul. Most beautiful in concept and stickers! Confirmed much of what I believe to be truth about life. Excellent read!
Leslie Nord
Find out what beliefs you have that might be getting in the way of happiness. Great read for anyone who wants to be happier and more satisfied with life.
Kimi Wolf
This book and Chistel's other books and CD's have changed my life. She is the real deal!
Barbc
Sep 10, 2013 Barbc marked it as to-read
Mags
Mags marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Nicole Lucchese
Nicole Lucchese is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Kristie Lemmon
Kristie Lemmon is currently reading it
May 02, 2013
Ilja Preuß
Ilja Preuß marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Diary of a Medical Intuitive: One Woman's Eye-Opening Journey from No-Nonsense E.R. Nurse to Open-Hearted Healer and Visionary Guidance 24/7: How to Open Your Heart and Let Angels Into Your Life The Confidence Code: A Guide To Building Self Esteem And Living Courageously Healing Your First Three Chakras Transforming Your Archetypes, Healing The Big 4 Within You. Child Victim Saboteur Prostitute