Start by marking “Mozart with 2 CDs: His Life & Music (Naxos Books)” as Want to Read:
Mozart with 2 CDs: His Life & Music (Naxos Books)

Mozart with 2 CDs: His Life & Music (Naxos Books)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sourcebooks MediaFusion and Naxos proudly present the life and works of Mozart, complete with two audio CDs and an exclusive website.

In this lively and accessible biography, Jeremy Siepmann reminds us of a remarkable natural talent who was, however, all too human. Read the text and listen to two CDs containing a carefully chosen cross-section of Mozart's music. Readers al
Published June 1st 2006 by Sourcebooks MediaFusion (first published November 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mozart with 2 CDs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mozart with 2 CDs

Mozart His Life & Music is not your usual biography.
Reading this is akin to taking a college course on Mozart, without having to go to class. Yet having your favorite profess at chairside.

Six things about the book which struck my fancy were:

1. Each aspect of Motzart's compositions are presented separately: keyboard music, symphonies and concertos, theater and opera, requiems and choral music.

2. His tours are mapped out town by town traveling
a.- by coach (like traveling economy if Lufthansa
Ever since I saw the movie "Amadeus," I've been wanting to read a good biography of Mozart. However, this isn't it. I had high hopes for this book, as it came with two CDs of Mozart's works that were referenced throughout the book. Unfortunately, I found the practice of going from work to work to be laborious, as the author would sometimes reference 3 works in a row, so I had to either listen to each one for only a minute or so before moving on or take 10 minutes out of my reading time to listen ...more
Stephenie Schukraft
I've read four other Mozart biographies and this had a few interesting tidbits I had never seen before. It was an enjoyable read, however I felt that the organization of the chapters was a bit confusing. Between episodes of the continuing story of Mozart's life we are treated to history and music appreciation lessons. I felt these chapters were better left separated from the biography portion of the book.

The author notes that Mozart enjoyed writing both music and letters-- there is a great coll
Justin Hill
This is the third I've listened to in this series. They are all excellent with a good mix of interesting biography and music excerpts. I'm coming to find out that you apparently can't be a musical genius unless you have a very troubled relationship with your father.
Peter Galamaga
Another great job by Jeremy Siepmann! After giving up on another Mozart book (Holmes), I found this quite readable, enjoyable, and edifying.
The combination of music CDs that are referenced throughout the book really enhanced the experience.
I have a renewed appreciation of Mozart, the man and composer. However, I think I will now always feel a tinge of sadness when listening to his music. His father, while raising a genius, did some real damage to his son.
The author did a good job talking about Mozart's pieces and then it was great to listen to them as I learned about them. It was sad to learn that Mozart desired greatly to be loved for himself--not for his music. The author does a good job talking about him professionally and personally.
It's an interesting book about Mozart. There is a lot of information about his music. I don't have a lot of knowledge about music, but I still find it very interesting.
Michael Brown
Great audiobook. Really brings out the relationship between father and son.

Also - I realized there is a ton of Mozart music that I haven't listened to yet!
Was für ein Komponist!
Pavel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Carren Ochia
Carren Ochia marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Sukhita marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Katherine is currently reading it
May 12, 2015
Bulldogbook marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Luz Hunton
Luz Hunton marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
The Life and Works of Chopin Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD] Life & Works of Bach Chopin, the Reluctant Romantic Tchaikovsky: His Life & Music