Start by marking “Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases” as Want to Read:
Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases

Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases

There is a split right down the middle of modern medicine. One half, boosted by dazzling high technology, shows brilliant results in handling acute diseases and emergencies. The other half, dealing with chronic degenerative conditions, is lagging behind, unable to offer more than symptomatic treatment for the most widespread distressing conditions ranging from cancer, hear

Published January 1st 2007 by Totality Books

To ask other readers questions about Healing the Gerson Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing the Gerson Way

Jodi
Sep 16, 2014 Jodi rated it it was ok
I bought this book on the recommendation of Andrew W. Saul.

I'm glad I bought it and I feel I have come away from reading it with some useful information, although I have found out that I am too ill and do not have the financial resources to follow the program fully.

(Like many people with severe M.E. any type of overexertion makes the disease worse, and this would include drinking juices hourly and having to interact with the juice bringer hourly, plus the enormous input and overexertion etc. in
Cassandra Cantrell
Jun 13, 2014 Cassandra Cantrell rated it it was amazing
Not for the faint of heart but if curious about the details of the Gerson Method, then all questions will be answered! I recommend watching The Beautiful Truth and The Gerson Way docus before reading the book. Both docus introduce Dr Gerson and the book is in-depth.
Justin
Nov 14, 2016 Justin rated it it was ok
I am pretty biased here. When I checked this out from the library I forgot why I had done so.
I imagined that I read enough positive reviews that I figured it was worth a shot. However, I also remembered reading that Gerson (was it Charlotte or her father?) claimed that all diseases could be treated with Gerson therapy including cancer before succumbing to cancer.

That being said, I have health issues and I tried to put prejudices out of the way in case there was any wisdom here. I am not sure how
Mischenko
Nov 15, 2016 Mischenko rated it it was amazing
My go to guide. It will remain on my shelf. Love the recipes, especially the Hippocrates soup!
Jeannie Long
Nov 30, 2015 Jeannie Long rated it really liked it
Whether you have cancer or not, you will learn how our modern society contributes to its increased occurrence, and how you can make changes in your life to prevent getting it.

It’s a fascinating alternative understanding to the traditional medical approach of chemotherapy as to how you can create an environment both internally and externally to heal your body of chronic illnesses. Modern medicine tries to fix the symptoms of disease, whereas the Gerson Therapy fixes what causes the disease in the
Vlatka Patka vladek
This book is an excellent pointer to direction of how we sould start thinking about food and the way we live. It is popular these days to talk about health and healthy food, but we have too much information about everything, and is very confusing. Results are bad. We have so much knowledge about everything,but number of people with difficult illnesses, weight problem, health problems that is considered normal today ( and it shouldn't) that is rapidly increasing.
Read the book if You can , it is v
Annie
Dec 07, 2014 Annie rated it liked it
This was a really good introduction to the gerson therapy but what is missing is a step by step "workbook" of some sort that helps people get started. after reading I still see no feasible way of working full time and doing the fulk therapy. there were no examples of people in the book who are less privileged with time and money who are making it happen which comes across fairly elite. Overall, it was a very easy read and generally informative.
Amanda
Oct 11, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
I can't attest to the efficacy of this program or the scientific claims made, but the underlying premise seemed very sound. However, following the program would necessitate being an independently wealthy recluse for two years…and I'm not exaggerating one iota. Until my insurance covers 2 in home nurses, 20 lbs of organic produce a day, and quitting my job for two years (minimum), this program is virtually useless to me, even if I could find the will to adhere to it.
Charlotte
Aug 08, 2016 Charlotte rated it really liked it
I like this book too. This is a very intensive laid out way to treat chronic problems. It ties in with lots of the other books I'm reading, but this is the most regimented. (That might be what you want sometimes).
Natalia Tune
Mar 04, 2016 Natalia Tune rated it it was amazing
My mother and I both follow this and it has gotten rid of her arthritis and asthma. Just our personal experience, but I absolutely support this lifestyle. It's also highly enjoyable and I never feel deprived.
Katie
May 18, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot of information in this book. Some good takeaways even if you don't have a terminal illness.
Erin
Apr 11, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
So informative! I'm still skeptical and will read other books related to this, but it was eye-opening and inspiring.
Crystal
Feb 19, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Instead of working to heal something happening currently, I'm working on prevention by a moderated use of the Gerson diet. Fantastic results so far.
Edward Charfauros
Edward Charfauros rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Skye
Skye rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Mary Stanley
Mary Stanley rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Lexiroo
Lexiroo rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Jackson
Jackson rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2013
David Stemple
David Stemple rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Karen J. Richman
Karen J. Richman rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Kris Denoyer
Kris Denoyer rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
Jeff
Jeff rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Jim
Sep 03, 2011 Jim rated it it was amazing
Very plausable...
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Cadd1122
Cadd1122 rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Caron
Caron rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2011
Rae Kane
Rae Kane rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2012
Ingrid Roca
Ingrid Roca rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2011
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases and the Cure of Advanced Cancer by Diet Therapy
  • Being You, Changing the World
  • The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids: Simple Strategies for Lasting Health and Fitness
  • Eating for Beauty
  • The Mediterranean Diet
  • The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary DIET-FREE Way to Totally Transform Your Body
  • 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food
  • Beating Cancer with Nutrition: Optimal Nutrition Can Improve the Outcome in Medically-Treated Cancer Patients
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders
  • Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices
  • The EFT Manual
  • A Complete Guide to Special Effects Makeup: Conceptual Creations by Japanese Makeup Artists
  • The Jungle Effect: A Doctor Discovers the Healthiest Diets from Around the World--Why They Work and How to Bring Them Home
  • The Signature of God: Astonishing Biblical Discoveries
  • Relearning to See: Improve Your Eyesight -- Naturally!
  • Ginseng, the Divine Root: The Curious History of the Plant That Captivated the World
  • Vaccine Epidemic: How Corporate Greed, Biased Science, and Coercive Government Threaten Our Human Rights, Our Health, and Our Children
Daughter of German cancer physician Max Gerson.
More about Charlotte Gerson...

“Modern allopathic medicine is the only major science stuck in the pre-Einstein era.” 5 likes