Start by marking “Bumstead's Well” as Want to Read:
Bumstead's Well

Bumstead's Well

The dare was simple. Spend twenty four hours alone at the bottom of an abandoned well deep in the forest beyond the outskirts of town.
But things do not go as planned. Vincent's friends fail to retrieve him from the bottom at the agreed time and the sun sets for a second night. Sequestered in the darkness far beneath the ground, Vincent Pattison has many hours to reflect
Published May 31st 2014 by Create space

To ask other readers questions about Bumstead's Well, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bumstead's Well

Elizabeth Davies
Aug 16, 2014 Elizabeth Davies rated it really liked it
I thought this was going to to be solely about someone stuck in a well, and his struggle to free himself. I was wrong. This is the start of the novel, but there is so much more to it than that, which was a nice surprise.

The pace was good and suitable; time dragging slowly in the well, for instance, and the pace faster above ground. The characters are well drawn, and multi-layered, especially Chris, and there is plenty of mystery and unanswered questions to prompt me to download the next instalme
Candice Mckinney
Jun 30, 2014 Candice Mckinney rated it really liked it
Vincent was abandoned by his mother when he was little. She left him on the doorstep of her parent's house. He has been raised by his grandparents whom he deeply loves. Vincent is home for the summer from college when he takes a dare from two friends to remain at the bottom of a well for 24 hours. But what happens when the 24 hours are up and no one comes to get him?

Bumstead's Well is one of those hard to put down books especially the first half of the book. I would have given it 5 stars but I f
Tiffany
Jun 15, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I didn't notice that it was slow at the beginning. Maybe it was, but it was still interesting. I'm still trying to figure out if there are sequels to this book. I thought I read somewhere that there were but I can't seem to figure out where/what they are.
R.L.
May 12, 2015 R.L. rated it it was ok
I don't care for stories that end before they are done, and the reader must buy a sequel to find out more. Other than that the story was good. The scene in the well was full of great detail. There were spelling mistakes.

C_lo
Jul 12, 2014 C_lo rated it really liked it
Couldn't put this book down. Very exciting.....and then the end just leaves you hanging. Last 2 chapters really took a turn. Did not care for how the book ended, but the rest of the book was good.
Susan K. Hall
Susan K. Hall rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Jeff Dillard
Jeff Dillard rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
darleen sherman
darleen sherman rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
Misty Medlin
Misty Medlin rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Denise Ward
Denise Ward rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Karen Clark
Karen Clark rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Cynthia Eberle
Cynthia Eberle rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Sharon Davies
Sharon Davies rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Toni Martinez
Toni Martinez rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Gina Lyons
Gina Lyons rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Kitty
Kitty rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2015
cheryl darnell
cheryl darnell rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Sarah Oder
Sarah Oder rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Sydne Marie Meyers
Sydne Marie Meyers rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Carol J Mullen
Carol J Mullen rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Jeni
Jeni rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Shakila Bi
Shakila Bi rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Dane Fuelling
Dane Fuelling rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Virginia Toebbe
Virginia Toebbe rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2014
Janette Harris
Janette Harris rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2014
Debora  King
Debora King rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015