Start by marking “Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)

Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth #2.5 (Hell of a Time))

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  2,134 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Theirs is a world of ancient desires and forbidden pleasures. They are men of mystery and women of seduction, wild creatures with the power to entrance and enchant, tease and tantalize. Enter their secret world, if you dare. . .

The Yearning by Hannah Howell

Alpin has lived for centuries with a lust that can never be quenched with mere physical pleasure. And then he meets S
Published April 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Lover

Kathy Davie
Four stories about immortal lovers from the historical to the contemporary in this anthology.

Series
"A Hell of a Time" (Hell on Earth, 2.5)
"City of Demons" (Georgina Kincaid, 2.5)

The Stories
Hannah Howell's "The Yearning" was cute but took some work to get through the Scottish accent. It's a tale of a pregnant lover spurned when he prefers a woman with wealth and land. She curses his line, not caring that the curse will rebound on to her own family as well. It takes hundreds of years before one of
SPOILERS

6/1 - This book has two novellas in it that are part of series, one of which I'm in the middle of - Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series - so I only read the novella which was of interest to me at this point in time. That's the only novella I'm reviewing right now, I'll come back later and review the rest of the stories once I've read them.

I enjoyed City of Demons to the tune of 3.5 stars. I thought it was a good addition to the series, plotwise, but not so much characterwise. I did n
Deeksha
Jul 10, 2015 Deeksha rated it liked it
3 Stars

*READ ONLY RICHELLE MEAD'S CITY OF DEMONs*

Only Richelle Mead can put so much angst into a few measly pages. I'm not going to say I was happy with the way things were. Both on Georgina and Seth's side. Both of them were a let down. I may have unrealistic expectations, but I really expect more from their relationship, I want more commitment to each other. Which sadly I didn't see.
Page
Jul 31, 2012 Page rated it really liked it
SPOILERS
***Review of Georgina Kincaid 2.5 only***

Let me start off by saying that the Georgina Kincaid series is one - if not - my favorite book series ever! And that I love the relationship between Seth and Georgina so much, I can say without a doubt they're my favorite fictional couple.

Perhaps that can explain why I had, which what could only be called a slighly hysterical, teary-eyed "episode", when I attempted to start reading this story. Apparently, still not over the end of this series. It
Erica Chilson
5 stars on the Novella "City of Demons" Georgina Kincaid #2.5 by Richelle Mead.

I will review the other Novella when I read the series they are connected to.

In City of Demons, Georgina takes Jerome's place as a juror in a Demon murder trial. That however is not the focus of the story, Seth and Georgina's relationship is. I will not spoil the story. The trial was interesting to see how the Demons think. The strain between Georgina and Seth is refreshing to see. I was glad that I read this novella.
Ladiibbug
Jan 12, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
Paranormal Romance Anthol.

The Yearning - Hannah Howell

1435 A.D. Scotland - Sophie dedicates herself to breaking an ancestor's 435 year old curse against the MacCordy family, which has also cursed her own family. My first HH read, and it was terrific!

A Hell of A Time - Jackie Kessler

Quit reading early on. I've tried JK's Hell on Earth books - the writing style (similar to Mary Janice Davidson) is just not my cup of tea.

City of Demons - Richelle Mead

Succubus Georgina Kinkaid (of the awesome GK se
Annette
Apr 11, 2012 Annette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2012
**ONLY READ RICHELLE MEAD STORY CITY OF DEMONS**

"People do stupid things for love" is the main thing in this story of Georgina and Seth. I really loved this story. I felt like I was playing CLUE with Georgina xD. I was EVEN MORE happy when the culprit was found out! I so knew it was that person for the very first moment.
I really loved to see a glimpse of how "Hell" works and see thet different demons (now I know not everyone is like Jerome). Another thing I really really liked was to see how Geo
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Jan 05, 2010 Stacie M. Ritchie rated it did not like it
This book is a combination of four different authors’ short stories. I made it through the first story, which was okay. It was written like what a Scottish burr might have sounded like. The second on about an ex-Succubus was my undoing. I usually can limp through even horrible stories, but I couldn’t make it through that one and ended up putting the book completely down. The other stories didn’t even sound interesting to me, so I had to no desire to read any of the other stories, so this is goin ...more
Tatiana
Sep 19, 2009 Tatiana rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Richelle Mead's Succubus series
I only read Richelle Mead's short story "City of Demons" about Georgina set between books 2 and 3. It was an interesting story, but as all Succubus books, filled with angst and heartache. Can't say anything about other 3 stories, I am not familiar with the authors.
Caitlin (Ayashi)
Aug 19, 2011 Caitlin (Ayashi) rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Enjoyed the story but LEARN TO COMMUNICATE LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE PLEASE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Heather C
I only read City of Demons by Richelle Mead
Mariana
I love you, Georgie!!!! ;) oh, how I miss these series!!!
Dany
Jul 12, 2011 Dany rated it liked it
desesperada por el ultimo libro
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
"The Yearning" by Hannah Howell

I think this is by far the most awful story in this anthology. It isn't really the plot, which, while tired and unoriginal, isn't totally awful, and it isn't really the characters, who aren't given a chance to really shine but who also aren't gratingly annoying. The problem is certain idiotic details and Howell's by-the-numbers hideous Scottish accents.

The story begins in Scotland, 1000 A.D., with a woman scorned who just happens to have magic powers. She puts a cu
Abby Helstrip
Mar 28, 2011 Abby Helstrip rated it it was ok
Eternal Lover is not what i expected but it was good, four different stories. The Yearning is about a curse being set on two families because of a witch feeling lonely and upset because of her lover. Generations later the curse is still being hold. Sophie wants to break the curse as she doesn’t want to die alone. She goes to the other family who have been cursed. Which is Aplin who is more beast than man, he can’t go out in the sunlight and he craves blood, but he’s willing to fight the curse. W ...more
☂ ℬrandi
Some of the time I was reading this I just wanted it to be over. One story was just awful for me. The others were decent.

❤❤

The Yearning by Hannah Howell ❤❤❤

Scotland 1000 A.D. Morvyn Galt witnesses and records in blood her sister Rona's curse on all descendants of the Galt and MacCordys line after her lover, a MacCordy abandons the pregnant Rona and chooses a bride who offers him wealth and land.

Scotland 1435 Sophie Hay (Galt) knows that love has always eluding the women of her family and now t
mlady_rebecca
Delos
Oct 28, 2014 Delos rated it really liked it
Just read, so far, Richelle Mead's short story in here about Georgina Kincaid. Was great for getting me through my wait until my library coughs up the third book in the series I'm waiting to read. If the other stories are as good as this one was, I'll be pleased.

Do not read this Richelle Mead story if you haven't finished at least the first Georgina Kincaid book, Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead. It will ruin some of the ending of that book for you. I read it between 2 and 3, but it would be just fine to read between books 1
Josiane Claremont
This might actually be one of the ones that give succubi-protagonist stories its not-so-exciting reputation. It's actually super, super mundane and disappointing. Probably because I'm a RomanxGeorgina shipper.

Georgina's getaway with her human author-boyfriend Seth takes a turn for business when her boss, archdemon of Seattle, Jerome, pulls rank to order her to be his proxy to a tribunal in the (ironically named in this situation) "City of Angels". Georgina now has to deal with a little more than
Rochelle
SPOILER
(not a big one, though!)

4 Stars.
It really turned me off that Georgina would pretend to be Beth to see how far Seth would go. I would have enjoyed the story more if not for that.

Merged review:

The Yearning by Hannah Howell
3 Stars. I found the old language tough to read (I know, ironic since I'm such an Outlander fan!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A Hell of A Time by Jackie Kessler
1.5 Stars.
Ugh! Pretty bad! Plants attack a former succubus, who isn't
Wendy
Sep 18, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it
Francis
I should state up front that I only read 2 of the 4 stories; I sought this book out for Richelle Mead's City of Demons short story, set between Succubus on Top and Succubus Dreams. I found it interesting how this fleshes out the characters, particularly Georgina, who longs to set things right and cares, even when no one else does. I have only two objections to this story. First, by foreshadowing the events of Succubus Heat, I feel that this introduces a significant continuity issue. since a fair ...more
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
Note: I'm not going to rate the book as a whole until such time as I've read the whole thing. Ratings for individual stories are provided in the text of the review.

"City of Demons" by Richelle Mead
Georgina Kincaid #2.5 - ★★★★

An interesting story that reveals more of Georgina's personality and further highlights how different she is from most other demons and immortals on Team Evil. Her sense of justice is highlighted, as is her desire for the truth, even when knowing the truth will likely serve
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
May 06, 2011 Angie (Mind Malfunction) rated it really liked it
City of Demons is book number 2.5 in the ‘Georgina Kincaid’ Paranormal Romance Series by Richelle Mead, found in the Story Knights Anthology.
In this story, Georgina and Seth are taking some vacation time together. They cottage trip is interrupted when Jerome sends Georgina on mandatory jury duty in LA. Georgina is the only jury member interested in justice. She spends her day in court and her evenings trying to solve the real murder. While working, her relationship with Seth is tested by a pret
Lorre
Sep 05, 2012 Lorre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Yearning by Hannah Howell - 4 stars
A lovely little romance story set in Schotland with a dark, brooding, cursed laird and a lady who's determined to lift that darkness... a lot of other reviewers seemed to have difficulties with the brogue, but I didn't see what the problem was.

A Hell of a Time by Jackie Kessler - 1 stars
After 30 pages the story seemed to go nowhere and I was soooo bored so I went on to the next story.
Jackie Kessler is definitely going on my "not-to-ever-read" list!

City of D
catherine james
Jun 21, 2008 catherine james rated it it was ok
Pretty much bought this one for Jackie Kessler & Richelle Mead's (respective) stories - I follow both the Hell on Earth and Georgina Kincade Succubus in Seattle series. Unfortunately, neither short made this one worth the (original) trade paperback price tag. While I enjoy Ms. Kessler's writing, I also tend to forget how little empathy/sympathy evoked by the shallow, one-note protagonist Jessie Harris and the lackluster emotion stirred by her relationship with the bland-as-dry-toast, too-goo ...more
Patti
Apr 19, 2011 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far I have enjoyed the first story (The Yearning-Hannah Howell), and the second (A Hell of a Time-Jackie Kessler) I did not enjoy at all. It had potential but in my opinion it fell way beneath my expectation. I will continue on as there are two more stories to read.

Ok maybe I just don't like succubus'. I didn't like the third story either(City og Demons-Richelle Mead). I never really cared too much for the characters, but I did like him more than her or what happened. Will they be able to ma
Nakeesha
Aug 24, 2012 Nakeesha rated it did not like it
Shockingly, I did not like this short at all. The Succubus books took up a month of my life were I read them back to back like a chain-smoker. I was so excited to see this little snippet on the shelves. I snapped it up thinking it was a continuation from the final book after (view spoiler) but its actually just before the third book just before (view spoiler).

This was a completely unsatisfying story. The cover falsely
Thenia
Sep 04, 2011 Thenia rated it liked it
I have to say that I'm not that big of a fan of Georgina's. As a matter of fact, I'm not much of a supporter of her relationship with Seth either. I mean, he's great and all but something's missing (and no, i don't mean sex). It's all talk somehow - I don't feel the chemistry between them if there is any.

It feels like it's a crush for both of them - for Georgina because she admired him before she met him and he's shy and different and, of course, because she can't have him and for Seth because
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Highland Hearts
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)
  • Four Dukes and a Devil (The Byrons of Braebourne #1.5)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Kisses from Hell
  • The Road to Hell (Hell on Earth, #2)
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • The Chase (Deed, #3)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #2.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5)
  • A Historical Christmas Present
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

Hell on Earth (5 books)
  • Hell's Belles (Hell on Earth, #1)
  • The Road to Hell (Hell on Earth, #2)
  • Hotter Than Hell (Hell on Earth, #3)
  • Hell To Pay
  • A Chance in Hell (Carniepunk)

“Love doesn’t stop people from betraying each other” 24 likes