Start by marking “Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)” as Want to Read:
Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)

Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #9)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  9,735 ratings  ·  345 reviews
Time to gird the loins and pucker up.

Blimey O'Reilly's trousers! Three maybe-boyfriends is a lot for any girl to handle--red-bottomed or not. What with Robbie the Sex God back from Kiwi-a-gogo land wanting to "get coffee" and whatsit, Masimo the Luuurve God saying things like ""Ciao," Georgia, see you later" (the good see-you-later or the bad see-you-later ), and her mate
Published July 1st 2008 by Harper Teen

Curious George by H.A. ReyThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussWatchmen by Alan Moore
Yellowest Books Ever
74th out of 929 books — 434 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Best Teen Girl Books
328th out of 1,328 books — 2,074 voters

More lists with this book...

Zoë (readbyzoe)
4.5/5 or maybe even a 4.75/5
Stop in the name of Pants is the best in series. For the first time, I wasn't just turning the pages for the hilariosity, I was in it for the arc. Why? I'll tell you why, cause Gee is finally starting to realize that she is on the rack of lurve for Dave the Laugh, and who wouldn't be? I so wish I could have him for my very owny.

After displaying yet another bought of red bottomosity with none other than Dave the Laugh, Gee is becoming a bit confused about her matey type mate. She is now the girl
This book is 9th in the "Confessions of Georgia Nicolson" series, and it had me chuckling, snickering, laughing, and snorting out loud. Seriously - I cannot count how many times Rob said, "What's so funny?", only to have me reply, "Heh heh. This BOOK! It is so ridiculous! And Silly! I love it!"

I'm not sure that this kind of humor appeals to everyone. And I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if I'd never read any of the others in the series (Yes, yes: I read the first four or five of these even bef
Rachel Brand
Apr 15, 2009 Rachel Brand rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel by: Hope
In my defense, I've started babysitting for my mum's best friend, who has five kids. The oldest is 14 and a major bookworm, so is constantly recommending books to me. A lot of the stuff she reads, I passed on to her - the Mediator and 1-800-WHERE-R-YOU series, and this one. So the other week, we were sitting in her room once all her brothers had gone to bed, and she started talking about the books that we'd both read. She said that she'd got the 9th Georgia Nicolson book from the library and tha ...more
Kristina Hoerner
I'm not really sure why I keep reading these. I loved the first three or four, particularly "Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging". Georgia is your typical self-obsessed British teen and the book is a diary of her embarrassment over her parents, ways she tries to make her nose look smaller and all her crushes. My problem with the books as the series goes on is that there is no growth in the main character. I know she is 15 but I am tired of her obsession with herself and her need to focus all ...more
I love this series. I cannot help myself. Book 8 had me commenting perhaps Georgia's character was becoming a bit stale with all her red-bottomosity; Snap, Crackle, Pop! Rennison provides Georgia with some real character building moments in book 9 all relating to Angus - actually quite touching, in a shallow, self-absorbed, Georgia/Florence Nightingale sort of way! A great big Thank You to Ms. Rennison for these books that make me smile everytime. Itching to see the picture - yes, will probably ...more
Sep 04, 2008 Jennifer rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens
Recommended to Jennifer by: librarian
Same old same old. Nothing to see here just move right on along.
There was so little development in this book. Nothing of consequence happened. The jokes were tired and annoying. I just want something dramatic to happen instead of reading about the same old nonsense. 9 books is pushing it for me.
I love the GN series but's time to shake these books up before all the charm from the first few wears completely off.
What did I learn from this book? I learned the snogging scale in German, that Masimo is even worse at English than I thought, and that I am far FAR too attached to fictional cats.

This is another spot-on installment about Georgia Nicholson. I laughed a lot in this book, and I might have even cried a little. But it was still incredibly over the top, and reminds me of being a teenager. Good times!
Alexa Vazquez
Have you ever wanted to hear tons of drama and gossip? Well in the story Stop In The Name Of Pants by Louise Rennison there’s a lot of drama from family problems to boyfriend problems to even cat problems! In this realistic fiction story there’s a lot of gossip involved.
In the story Georgia Nicolson is now out of school and is enjoying summer vacation. She’s spending her time with her family and friends in England. Even though she has chosen Masimo to be her official boyfriend, he has gone to s
Mar 10, 2010 Ellen rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
My mistake. I see that there were eight previous volumes leading up to the first chapter of "how clever I am" expostulation by the adolescent diarist. If I had started with volume 1, I might have been able to acclimate myself to the cuteness level. At age 57 I am at least 45 years too old to be enchanted by anyone as full of herself as Georgia.

I abandoned the attempt to read this book midway through the first chapter, with fond thoughts of fellow diarists Bridget Jones and Princess Mia, who des
Another entry in the “Confessions of Georgia Nicolson” series finds our heroine attempting to decide between Masimo (the Luuurve God) and Dave the Laugh. Who would make the better boyfriend? As usual, lots of British-isms fill the pages (see the handy glossary at the end of the book) and as many (or possibly more) Georgia-isms are included. In fact there is so much “luuurve” and “vair, vair” and “bum-oley” going on that it gets rather annoying at times. However, Georgia has her fans and this ins ...more
Oh the drama! Poor, poor Angus! I was so immersed in the story that I felt Georgia’s reaction. Oh!

The preparations for the Rom and Jul play are great—I have a feeling that it’s going to be a better production than Macuseless. Rosie and her version of the Nurse—with a beard—is priceless: “I am getting in character, Miss Wilson. This is an Elizabethan beard, specially knitted by some old bloke in tights many moons ago.” So wacky! ;)

And yes! There’s a potential duel!

Side note: The Knutschen scale
I must say I picked out this book because of its peculiar title, only to discover it was book 9 in a series. I do not think I will be reading the others, however, as this book was rather hard to understand, as it was basically a string of random thought, every other word being slang. Half of said slang, I do believe was British, and the rest made up. Both of these forms of slang I am rather unfamiliar with, and that is probably why I didn't not rate this book very high.
As much as I love this series, I'm getting a little bored with the same things happening, where's the thrill of the unknown??

Georgia is supposed to be growing up, right? Then why is she still acting like she's about 12?? It's so annoying. I think she's very naive about her lurrve situation (view spoiler)

Part of me doesn't want the series to end, but the other part of me does. a lot.
I never seem to get tired of Georgia's diaries. I enjoyed this (9th!!!)book just as much as I did the first 8. Good improvement (in my opinion) is that we finally see Georgia show some maturosity for a change. And I am happy to see her realize that being gorgey porgey is not the only quality you need to look for in a good boyfriend. Can't wait for the next installment! I am on Team Dave the Laugh, of course.
I laughed, I cried, it was better than ca... Actually, Angus plays a crucial role here and was part of some good character development with Georgia, which I quite liked. Each successive book has been great: full of geniosity and pants. Rennison is hilarious and the books in this series are a blast to read - I hope Georgia keeps going on and on and on.
Joe the Cat (katie)
as always i absolutely loved this book as i do with every book written by rennison but this time i think ive found a winner. this is definitely my favourite book in the series so far and its very fun to read. it keeps the sanctity of the other books and is allways light hearted but i felt it had more depth, there were some newthemes involved and the time it was not always boy trouble and i was always either laughing, giggling or blubbbing and crying uncontrollably or al at the same time, because ...more
Oh, no- is this series getting tired? The story is really getting thin- just a lot of nattering on about the boyfriend(s). Some funny bits with pets & Libby but I'm afraid Georgia & Co aren't quite as as much fun as they used to be.
Fiiiiinally, it's vair vair annoying watching her go after the wrong boy(s)
sam sam

BOOK NINE is down and it was just PERFECT! I did not gave 5 stars to the other books, but this deserve it. A large applause for this book, fellas. It was Blimey O'Reilly [meaning super good]!
“I put my arm around her and said, "Jas, I have found that when you are troubled, it is often better to think of others rather than yourself. I think you would feel much better if you got me some milky coffee and jammy dodgers and I told you all about me.”
Georgia do not any more problems betw
I am just zooming through the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series. These books are like little fluffy, fun morsels that take me just a few hours to gobble up. Stop in the Name of Pants! was no exception--and, in fact, I was quite surprised by the 'plot twist' in the middle. (view spoiler) ...more
Now that Georgia has narrowed the maybe-boyfriend field by eliminating one of the players (poor ol' Robbie), she thinks her life will be much less complicated. But now that she and Masimo are officially an item, he has to go off to Italy to visit his family for a month. Even Jas's boyfriend, hunky Tom, is going away to 'hamburger-a-gogo' land (aka America). And now Robbie is back together with Wet Lindsay!

Things at home aren't going smoothly either. Mum and Dad are fighting, Libby's leaving eggs
I love these books. It may be embarassing to some of my friends that I like them, especially when I read any of this series in public. Over the top laughter from a book is generally frowned upon if members of the public aren't aware that you aren't entirely mad.
However, that is why these books are so amazing. No matter how many times I go back to read them, they make me laugh and feel all fuzzy and warm inside. Sinking into Georgia's mad world full of fabnosity and hilariosity is always a laugh,
Ali The Romantic Scholar
The second to last book in the series. I can't believe it's almost over. And once again, I am completely blown away by the writings of Louise Rennison. She really is quite a genius.

The complications of Georgia's love life continue. Whether or not she'll be able to go see her beau in Pizza-a-go-go-land, or whether or not the relationship will even work out. Or is he really the one she should be with? In this installment of the Georgia Nicholson Confessions, we get even more tangled up in her craz
At the end of Love Is A Many Trousered Thing, while camping, Georgia did something very stupid. You probably know what I'm getting at.
Georgia kissed Dave the Laugh after falling into a pond. She kissed him. It just happened. And she's dating Masimo now, so she shouldn't have kissed him. And he's dating Emma, so he shouldn't have kissed her. But that doesn't change things, because they still kissed.
So when Georgia returns back home, she waits for Masimo to come back from Italy. She tries to stay
Georgia Nicolson is forever in the cakeshop of love. She's finally the girlfriend of Masimo, the Italian Luuuurve God, and is happily snogging her way into the sunset. SO why did she accidently snog Dave the Laugh in a pond?!

In typical Georgia fashion, and with the Ace Gang in tow, she'll muddle her way through the summer hols, try to avoid the Swiss Family Mad, and find a way to get to Pizza-a-go-go Land to finally see her Luuurve God. Hilariousity and comedy ensue.

I love Georgia Nicolson. And
Oh, I doubt you learn anything from these books, except British slang and how to do ridiculous Viking dances. I believe they're what you'd call "WICKEDLY FUNNY." I feel so guilty and embarrassed that I, a 31-year-old mother, am addicted to these books. I hope I never have a kid so cheeky and horrible as Georgia Nicolson, but I love her nonetheless. I just REALLY wouldn't want to have to parent her or her "ace gang," as they can be terribly naughty.

You're pretty much guaranteed to laugh out loud
My cat Angus is actually named for the fictional Angus in "The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson." I read the first one: Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging years ago and was charmed by the antics of Georgia's naughty cat Angus. Any pet named Angus automatically becomes naughty. Thus it's no surprise that MY Angus turned out wicked and bad. I read each book to find out what outrageously funny things Angus will do.

I was reading the 9th in the series, thoroughly enjoying fictional Angus's wooi
Unknown 1 19 Apr 16, 2008 10:09PM
  • Girl, Nearly 16: Absolute Torture (Jess Jordan, #2)
  • The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • The Life of Riley (Rachel Riley, #2)
  • What's French For "Ew"? (Emily, #3)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
Louise Rennison is the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’.
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

“Rosie get off your desk, and please put your beard away.” 86 likes
“You are not ashamed of our luuurve, are you, Jas?'
'Look, shut up, people might hear.'
'What do you mean, the people who live in the telephone?”