Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)

Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #9)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  8,426 ratings  ·  317 reviews
Time to gird the loins and pucker up.

Blimey O'Reilly's trousers! Three maybe-boyfriends is a lot for any girl to handle--red-bottomed or not. What with Robbie the Sex God back from Kiwi-a-gogo land wanting to "get coffee" and whatsit, Masimo the Luuurve God saying things like ""Ciao," Georgia, see you later" (the good see-you-later or the bad see-you-later ), and her mate...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Harper Teen

To ask other readers questions about Stop in the Name of Pants!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop in the Name of Pants!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Best Teen Girl Books
298th out of 1,178 books — 1,749 voters
Curious George by H.A. ReyHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonWatchmen by Alan MooreOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Yellowest Books Ever
83rd out of 816 books — 381 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
Stop in the name of Pants is the best in series. For the first time, I wasn't just turning the pages for the hilariosity, I was in it for the arc. Why? I'll tell you why, cause Gee is finally starting to realize that she is on the rack of lurve for Dave the Laugh, and who wouldn't be? I so wish I could have him for my very owny.

After displaying yet another bought of red bottomosity with none other than Dave the Laugh, Gee is becoming a bit confused about her matey type mate. She is now the girl...more
Lara
This book is 9th in the "Confessions of Georgia Nicolson" series, and it had me chuckling, snickering, laughing, and snorting out loud. Seriously - I cannot count how many times Rob said, "What's so funny?", only to have me reply, "Heh heh. This BOOK! It is so ridiculous! And Silly! I love it!"

I'm not sure that this kind of humor appeals to everyone. And I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if I'd never read any of the others in the series (Yes, yes: I read the first four or five of these even bef...more
Rachel Brand
Apr 15, 2009 Rachel Brand rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel by: Hope
In my defense, I've started babysitting for my mum's best friend, who has five kids. The oldest is 14 and a major bookworm, so is constantly recommending books to me. A lot of the stuff she reads, I passed on to her - the Mediator and 1-800-WHERE-R-YOU series, and this one. So the other week, we were sitting in her room once all her brothers had gone to bed, and she started talking about the books that we'd both read. She said that she'd got the 9th Georgia Nicolson book from the library and tha...more
Kristina Hoerner
I'm not really sure why I keep reading these. I loved the first three or four, particularly "Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging". Georgia is your typical self-obsessed British teen and the book is a diary of her embarrassment over her parents, ways she tries to make her nose look smaller and all her crushes. My problem with the books as the series goes on is that there is no growth in the main character. I know she is 15 but I am tired of her obsession with herself and her need to focus all...more
Sep 04, 2008 Jennifer rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens
Recommended to Jennifer by: librarian
Same old same old. Nothing to see here just move right on along.
There was so little development in this book. Nothing of consequence happened. The jokes were tired and annoying. I just want something dramatic to happen instead of reading about the same old nonsense. 9 books is pushing it for me.
I love the GN series but really...it's time to shake these books up before all the charm from the first few wears completely off.
Kait
What did I learn from this book? I learned the snogging scale in German, that Masimo is even worse at English than I thought, and that I am far FAR too attached to fictional cats.

This is another spot-on installment about Georgia Nicholson. I laughed a lot in this book, and I might have even cried a little. But it was still incredibly over the top, and reminds me of being a teenager. Good times!
Kristin
I love this series. I cannot help myself. Book 8 had me commenting perhaps Georgia's character was becoming a bit stale with all her red-bottomosity; Snap, Crackle, Pop! Rennison provides Georgia with some real character building moments in book 9 all relating to Angus - actually quite touching, in a shallow, self-absorbed, Georgia/Florence Nightingale sort of way! A great big Thank You to Ms. Rennison for these books that make me smile everytime. Itching to see the picture - yes, will probably...more
Christina
Ellen
Mar 10, 2010 Ellen rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
My mistake. I see that there were eight previous volumes leading up to the first chapter of "how clever I am" expostulation by the adolescent diarist. If I had started with volume 1, I might have been able to acclimate myself to the cuteness level. At age 57 I am at least 45 years too old to be enchanted by anyone as full of herself as Georgia.

I abandoned the attempt to read this book midway through the first chapter, with fond thoughts of fellow diarists Bridget Jones and Princess Mia, who des...more
Mary
Another entry in the “Confessions of Georgia Nicolson” series finds our heroine attempting to decide between Masimo (the Luuurve God) and Dave the Laugh. Who would make the better boyfriend? As usual, lots of British-isms fill the pages (see the handy glossary at the end of the book) and as many (or possibly more) Georgia-isms are included. In fact there is so much “luuurve” and “vair, vair” and “bum-oley” going on that it gets rather annoying at times. However, Georgia has her fans and this ins...more
Marija
Oh the drama! Poor, poor Angus! I was so immersed in the story that I felt Georgia’s reaction. Oh!

The preparations for the Rom and Jul play are great—I have a feeling that it’s going to be a better production than Macuseless. Rosie and her version of the Nurse—with a beard—is priceless: “I am getting in character, Miss Wilson. This is an Elizabethan beard, specially knitted by some old bloke in tights many moons ago.” So wacky! ;)

And yes! There’s a potential duel!

Side note: The Knutschen scale...more
Chandra
I must say I picked out this book because of its peculiar title, only to discover it was book 9 in a series. I do not think I will be reading the others, however, as this book was rather hard to understand, as it was basically a string of random thought, every other word being slang. Half of said slang, I do believe was British, and the rest made up. Both of these forms of slang I am rather unfamiliar with, and that is probably why I didn't not rate this book very high.
Kathryn
As much as I love this series, I'm getting a little bored with the same things happening, where's the thrill of the unknown??

Georgia is supposed to be growing up, right? Then why is she still acting like she's about 12?? It's so annoying. I think she's very naive about her lurrve situation (view spoiler)

Part of me doesn't want the series to end, but the other part of me does. a lot.
Tatiana
I never seem to get tired of Georgia's diaries. I enjoyed this (9th!!!)book just as much as I did the first 8. Good improvement (in my opinion) is that we finally see Georgia show some maturosity for a change. And I am happy to see her realize that being gorgey porgey is not the only quality you need to look for in a good boyfriend. Can't wait for the next installment! I am on Team Dave the Laugh, of course.
Jenn
I laughed, I cried, it was better than ca... Actually, Angus plays a crucial role here and was part of some good character development with Georgia, which I quite liked. Each successive book has been great: full of geniosity and pants. Rennison is hilarious and the books in this series are a blast to read - I hope Georgia keeps going on and on and on.
Joe the Cat (katie)
as always i absolutely loved this book as i do with every book written by rennison but this time i think ive found a winner. this is definitely my favourite book in the series so far and its very fun to read. it keeps the sanctity of the other books and is allways light hearted but i felt it had more depth, there were some newthemes involved and the time it was not always boy trouble and i was always either laughing, giggling or blubbbing and crying uncontrollably or al at the same time, because...more
Phair
Oh, no- is this series getting tired? The story is really getting thin- just a lot of nattering on about the boyfriend(s). Some funny bits with pets & Libby but I'm afraid Georgia & Co aren't quite as as much fun as they used to be.
Kat
Now that Georgia has narrowed the maybe-boyfriend field by eliminating one of the players (poor ol' Robbie), she thinks her life will be much less complicated. But now that she and Masimo are officially an item, he has to go off to Italy to visit his family for a month. Even Jas's boyfriend, hunky Tom, is going away to 'hamburger-a-gogo' land (aka America). And now Robbie is back together with Wet Lindsay!

Things at home aren't going smoothly either. Mum and Dad are fighting, Libby's leaving eggs...more
Natalie
I love these books. It may be embarassing to some of my friends that I like them, especially when I read any of this series in public. Over the top laughter from a book is generally frowned upon if members of the public aren't aware that you aren't entirely mad.
However, that is why these books are so amazing. No matter how many times I go back to read them, they make me laugh and feel all fuzzy and warm inside. Sinking into Georgia's mad world full of fabnosity and hilariosity is always a laugh,...more
Ali The Romantic Scholar
The second to last book in the series. I can't believe it's almost over. And once again, I am completely blown away by the writings of Louise Rennison. She really is quite a genius.

The complications of Georgia's love life continue. Whether or not she'll be able to go see her beau in Pizza-a-go-go-land, or whether or not the relationship will even work out. Or is he really the one she should be with? In this installment of the Georgia Nicholson Confessions, we get even more tangled up in her craz...more
Robby
At the end of Love Is A Many Trousered Thing, while camping, Georgia did something very stupid. You probably know what I'm getting at.
Georgia kissed Dave the Laugh after falling into a pond. She kissed him. It just happened. And she's dating Masimo now, so she shouldn't have kissed him. And he's dating Emma, so he shouldn't have kissed her. But that doesn't change things, because they still kissed.
So when Georgia returns back home, she waits for Masimo to come back from Italy. She tries to stay...more
Becky
Georgia Nicolson is forever in the cakeshop of love. She's finally the girlfriend of Masimo, the Italian Luuuurve God, and is happily snogging her way into the sunset. SO why did she accidently snog Dave the Laugh in a pond?!

In typical Georgia fashion, and with the Ace Gang in tow, she'll muddle her way through the summer hols, try to avoid the Swiss Family Mad, and find a way to get to Pizza-a-go-go Land to finally see her Luuurve God. Hilariousity and comedy ensue.

I love Georgia Nicolson. And...more
Rachael
Oh, I doubt you learn anything from these books, except British slang and how to do ridiculous Viking dances. I believe they're what you'd call "WICKEDLY FUNNY." I feel so guilty and embarrassed that I, a 31-year-old mother, am addicted to these books. I hope I never have a kid so cheeky and horrible as Georgia Nicolson, but I love her nonetheless. I just REALLY wouldn't want to have to parent her or her "ace gang," as they can be terribly naughty.

You're pretty much guaranteed to laugh out loud...more
Vivisection
My cat Angus is actually named for the fictional Angus in "The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson." I read the first one: Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging years ago and was charmed by the antics of Georgia's naughty cat Angus. Any pet named Angus automatically becomes naughty. Thus it's no surprise that MY Angus turned out wicked and bad. I read each book to find out what outrageously funny things Angus will do.

I was reading the 9th in the series, thoroughly enjoying fictional Angus's wooi...more
Christina Wilder
3.5 stars!

Georgia is back! We join Miss Thing when she's on the camping trip gone to hell, and we're immediately treated to a prime example of her hilariousness. Georgia has left Dave the Laugh after an argument, stomping about in the wilderness, then begins to worry that wild pigs might find her and see her as "some chops in a skirt". Her thought process follows as such:

I could climb up a tree.
Could they climb trees?
Could I climb trees?
Oh God, not death by pig!!!

Luckily our heroine escapes and...more
Char
For my full review please visit my blog: http://shadowsireview.blogspot.com/20...

The penultimate Georgia Nicolson book had me in tears and surprisingly they weren't tears of joy. I'm not saying they were tears of torture and this book is awful, I'm saying that there was a moment of such sadnosity that I found myself crying into my cat's tail (don't worry he was asleep, he'll never know). For the author to be able to make you go from laughing to sobbing in the space of a paragraph shows incredibl...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Watch out, mates! Georgia Nicolson has returned, and she definitely hasn't learned from her past mistakes.

Aside from trying to survive in the woods with all the creatures and (apparently) pigs roaming around, Georgia just got herself in a pickle when Dave the Laugh/Tart ended up kissing her when she fell. What makes it even worse, besides the fact that Dave has a girlfriend, is that Georgia just so happened to have recently be...more
Catherine
That this has sat on Mount Toobie for so long probably indicates that I was beginning to get a little bored with Georgia in Lurve is a Many-trousered Thing. She is now 15 going on 16 and she and her friends are still using the slang they created at 11 or 12. Of course all teenagers trying to be grown-up and sophisticated still have their childish foibles - I know plenty of people much older who still do silly dances in unison - but her argot doesn't ring true and has now crossed the border from...more
Elise
3.5 / 5 stars
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

Well, Georgia still has herself in a bit of a pickle in the boy department, but I try not to hold that against her too much. While the Luuuuurve God and Dave the Laugh are heavily dominate in this novel (including a sideshow of the Sex God as well), luckily there is enough action elsewhere to keep the laughs coming in this book.

Libs is back to her crazy incidents, including getting her bum stuck in a bucket. Angus...more
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Not really any plot to speak of, not that there usually is in these books, but it seemed even less so in this one. Lack of plot doesn't make it unenjoyable though, it's still funny and a bit daft.

A few complaints, "osity" seems to be tagged onto way too many words, in fact while originally it was cute the over abundance of its usage has made it very annoying in this newest book.

My main problem though was that this book looks to have had no Copy Editor, there are sooooo many spelling, grammer, co...more
Unknown 1 19 Apr 16, 2008 10:09PM
  • Girl, Nearly 16: Absolute Torture (Jess Jordan, #2)
  • The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver  (Ruby Oliver, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • The Murder Of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • The Taming Of The Dru (Emily, #4)
Louise Rennison is the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’.
More about Louise Rennison...
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2) Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3) Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4) Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)

“Rosie get off your desk, and please put your beard away.” 79 likes
“You are not ashamed of our luuurve, are you, Jas?'
'Look, shut up, people might hear.'
'What do you mean, the people who live in the telephone?”
75 likes