Start by marking “Spider-Man vs. the Black Cat / Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man vs. the Black Cat / Volume 1

Spider-Man vs. the Black Cat / Volume 1

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Acrobatic adventures by some of yesteryear's top names! Is she heroine, criminal, or both? What motivates her madcap mischief? That's for the Black Cat to know and Spider-Man to find out in his first fights with one his most famous femme fatales! Only available in North America. Collects the first six appearances of the Black Cat from Amazing Spider-Man #194, 195, 204, 205 ...more
Published November 16th 2005 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man vs. the Black Cat / Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man vs. the Black Cat / Volume 1

Craig
This book collects the first three appearences of Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat, Marvel's sorta/kinda Selina Kyle clone. All three were originally two-parters from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, written by Marv Wolfman, David Micheline, and Roger Stern, and drawn by Keith Pollard, Pablo Marcus, and John Romita, Jr. It's a good sampling of the best of mainline comics of thirty-some years ago, but shows some signs of dating... as it's entitled to, I suppose. In the first half of the second story written b ...more
Ivan Leong
The Black cat first appearance in the Amazing Spider-man series features a very important plot to Black Cat's affection towards Spider-Man. MUST READ
Angela
This book introduces the Black Cat, who is only trying to free her father from prison. She then continues to do crimes and is vastly misunderstood by Spiderman. He also quite fancies her a bit. Finally an intriguing female presence, not trying to be Catwoman but someone whose legacy means everything to her. A good read.
Ryan
Now I know why I never read classic comics.
It's like watching a movie with a really bad cliche-riddled script.
Half of it's predictable and the other half is too random to make me care.
It's also annoying that the characters have to carry on the obvious narration in their dialogue. "Oh no, he flipped and knocked the gun from my hand!"
I guess it's great for little kids...except if it really is geared toward eight and nine year olds, what's with all the sexy women busting out of their spandex?
My tw
Korynn
Meet Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat, otherwise known as Marvel's knock-off of DC's Catwoman. This volume collects her introduction as a cat burglar who seeks Spider-Man's affection whilst trying to steal and/or kill him depending on her mood. The art varies tremendously depending on the inker but is reprinted in glorious color. There are no end of other Spidey plotlines dangling in the background and Felicia, written badly, plays a screwy feline fatale past plausibility like many comics plots. Spi ...more
Matt Chic
Black Cat's first appearance (ASM #194, 1979) and a few follow up adventures. This collects 6 issues, the first 4 by Marv Wolfman (nice name) and Keith Pollard, and the last 2 issues by Roger Stern and John Romita Jr.

Wolfman's stories introduce us to Black Cat, but Roger Stern is a much better writer (more noticeably in the dialogue and Spidey's quips) and it's always cool to see a modern day (iconic) artist like JR JR's early stuff.

Overall nothing mind blowing, but good little collection classi
Ashley Kempkes
2.5
Not bad, and I did like some parts of this comic. Black Cat is a pretty cool character! But I felt like the story didn't flow very well. (view spoiler)
This is pretty bad and altogether not very good at all.
Ken
Ken is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
Laura added it
Apr 09, 2015
Thibault Lemaitre
Thibault Lemaitre marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Suzu
Suzu marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Gina Gonzalez
Gina Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Marvin A. "Marv" Wolfman is an award-winning American comic book writer. He is best known for lengthy runs on The Tomb of Dracula, creating Blade for Marvel Comics, and The New Teen Titans for DC Comics.
More about Marv Wolfman...
Crisis on Infinite Earths Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying The New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Crisis on Infinite Earths The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon