Start by marking “Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard, #1)” as Want to Read:
Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard, #1)

Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard #1)

Research. It was all in the name of research, or that's what Catarena keeps telling herself every time she meets Maverick online. In exchange for his knowledge of D/s relationships, Catarena willingly becomes his apt pupil, giving over her mind, body and soul to his commands.

Their relationship seems to be made in online heaven…until the webcam turns on, unveiling a famili
Published April 30th 2006 by Elloras Cave Pub Inc (first published September 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Maverick's Black Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maverick's Black Cat

Dina
Sep 10, 2009 Dina rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Melissab
I've always been scared of the heavy BDSM scenario, so I was a bit wary when I started reading this story. Even though this book was recommended to me by a fellow reader who knows how wimpy I am when it comes to kinky sex scenes, I couldn't help experiencing some heart palpitations when I decided to give it a try. Now that I'm finished reading it, I'm still having heart palpitations... but they're the good kind. ;)

Catarena Vaughn has dreamed of becoming a writer for years, but success hasn't kno
MelissaB
Oct 31, 2008 MelissaB rated it it was amazing
Recommended to MelissaB by: Agent Scully from Amazon
Julie (jjmachshev)
Mar 18, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
What a great book. Mild BDSM, Alpha male, strong heroine, and really really hot sex!! If those things appeal to you, get out your gloves and read this book.

Catarena is going to do it. She's going to write her erotic book...about BDSM. Now she just needs to do a little, OK a lot, of research since she's never actually done this...just thought about it alot.

Enter Maverick. He doesn't think about it...it's just how he is, what he is. And he can't believe he's found the perfect woman for himself...i
Julianna
Jul 15, 2010 Julianna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Erotic Romance w/a Dominating Hero & Feisty Heroine
Recommended to Julianna by: Julie (jjmachshev) & Dina
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" Maverick's Black Cat was a seriously hot and steamy erotic romance with some very appealing elements. Even if I weren't married, I can't say that I would be too keen on having cyber-sex with a presumed stranger, but the authors certainly did a good job of avoiding the “ick” factor and making that part of the story a very attractive and sensual fantasy. It was also a great way to build some fabulous sexual tension. Once the hero and heroine realize they know ea
Holly
Oct 30, 2008 Holly rated it it was amazing
You never know who you might be talking to while chatting online. You could be cybering with a 6'5 Dark Hunter or a loser still living in his momma's basement. Or you might be engaging in cyber sex with the rich and handsome owner of your company. Catarena signs onto an online BDSM site as BlackCat, hoping to gather information on her new book. Disgusted by the online posters who keep pestering her with invitations for golden showers, BlackCat scurries away and hides in a private chat room that ...more
Marion
Feb 06, 2008 Marion rated it really liked it
Cat wants to write a book and she researches the web on BDSM. She meets Maverick in a chat room. He offers to educate her on the life style as long as she does what he wants her to on the web. They have a relationship on the web until Cat finds out who he is. Maverick has no idea who Cat is and has to search for her.

I liked that Cat was very strong and knew what she wanted. She had no problems putting Maverick in his place when he crossed her comfort zone. I enjoyed this book. It had had romance
Raine
I really loved this book. I thought it was a great combination of those old Harlequin romance books with the dominating male, but with a feisty female and erotica. I loved how Maverick/Mason went all alpha male and already thought of Caterena as his. Very KA like with a BDSM theme.
Helle
Aug 13, 2013 Helle rated it did not like it
In the beginning it had me interested, but it just got worse and worse. The characters was for the most part underdeveloped, Maverick was in every way not likable at all, I could not feel the romance-part at all and it just... wasn't worth it.
Emily
Catarina has been writing for years, after several rejections she has finally ound a niche that brings out the passionate writer in her, BDSM erotic. The only thing standing in Catarina's way is she knows very little about the subject, other than what she has read in books. Wanting to find the truth behind the mystery, Catarina finds herself a fetish chat room looking to research the subject further. After several unsuccessful attempts, she finds one person, known as Maverick, who is willing to ...more
maggieandteddy
Aug 12, 2014 maggieandteddy rated it liked it
2.75 stars, rounding up to 3 stars, since I didn't dnf. It was close, but I'm stubborn, I guess. Good premise- or I thought it was. The h, Catarena, works in the mailroom, at a company- I don't remember what they do or make (!!??) The H is Mason, the CEO (??!!) They meet in a chatroom for BDSM followers (or leaders- ??!!) Anyhow, Catarena is on line- she tells herself- for research for writing a book on bdsm. I won't say how they meet, since that may be the one secret that the book has-and that ...more
Katie
Nov 18, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I own it in paperback, HTML, and now Kindle--clearly I can't have too much of this book! I re-read it every so often because it's just that good. I was lucky and got to meet the authors in person a number of years ago, and they're just as hilarious as their characters.

The book is intense, but also hilarious. I'd have to say the one drawback to the book is the over-nastiness of Cat's supervisor, but that's quickly forgotten with the awesomeness of the other characters.

Clearly I
Tate
image:

did't expect that I will like this but!!! here it goes 3.5 stars... nice read!!!

Lisa
Sep 02, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Holy freakin' moly Maverick's Black Cat was a hot read. Maverick/Mason isn't in the lifestyle but sure wants and knows how to dominate. Through ims and finally vid cam, he takes brat like BlackCat/Catarena at hand while offering her his knowledge about domination. My favorite line ever "You're not an option for me, Kitten. You're a must.".
Kimchi
May 02, 2008 Kimchi rated it liked it
Shelves: adultshelf, mordern
This book is also on e-book from ellora's cave for those of you who don't want to pay 14 dollars for it. It was a good read, I must admitt though i was more into her friends story than hers but it was no less interesting. Contains some bondage and alot DOM & SUB interaction
HeatherTX
I really enjoyed this read, what starts out as a little online research turns into something super hot! Lots of drama between the H/h!
Ioanna
Jun 24, 2014 Ioanna rated it it was amazing
5 stars aren't enough for this book.

my review:http://nanasbookreviews.blogspot.gr/2...
Tiblu
Nov 29, 2016 Tiblu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it 1st..... But Mason just started to turn me off ....

Mason/Maverick met Catarena/Blackcat on line and both seemed to hooked on each other and developed a quick cast of insta lust before you could blink twice and having once forever ago having been big into what was called "talkers" via "telnet" where all we did was go chat and make friends and more often or not ppl go off into private "rooms" talk about sex showing how lonely and horny they were ;) Where you ended up telling ppl things
Juniper
10+++ stars!

This has got to be my favorite BDSM book of all time.

I'm in awe that more people don't know about it.

Catarena:

Mason:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mason and Catarena were such fun characters to follow. I loved how they met via the internet. I don't know what it is, but I love books that revolve around some kind of texting or internet relationship along with the physical.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also, the idea that being dominant isn't a lifestyle "choice" but rather a way of life was very refreshing.

Catarena was headstrong and feist
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Nov 07, 2010 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it it was amazing
Catarena Vaughn is lurking on a cyber sex site with the username BlackCat trying to get information on BDSM for a book she wants to write. She knows absolutely nothing about it and its getting disgusted with all the sick offers she getting while on the site. After popping into a more private chat room she encounters Maverick who challenges her on why she is there. They go back and forth in there messaging until Mason who has grown tired of the simpering Barbie doll types becomes intrigued with t ...more
Tina
Aug 06, 2011 Tina rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, z2011-reads
3.5

Interesting, well written erotica that features light BDSM. BDSM is outside of my regular wheelhouse when it comes to what I like to read about in romance or erotica, but this was just about the right right level for me.

I enjoyed the set up and execution of the romance. Cat & Mason meet online. She is doing research for a book she is writing on the BDSM lifestyle. The evolution of their online relationship from purely academic to sexual felt very natural.

The dialogue is what really lifts
Bookfanatic
I loved the sequel to this story (Friends With Benefits), but Maverick's Black Cat isn't quite the same.

Maverick is a dom and the CEO of a company. Catarena is a mail room employee at the company and a budding writer. She goes to a BDSM chat room to learn more about the lifestyle so that she can incorporate it in her book. Maverick and Cat hit it off. They start a cyber sexual relationship. Neither one is aware of how they are connected at work until one day Cat glimpses his face on the webcam.
Carinae L'etoile
Aug 09, 2011 Carinae L'etoile rated it it was amazing
I had been a bit wary of this book - the premise seemed a bit OTT. However, after reading this, I am so glad I gave this book a shot.

From page one, this book grabbed me. It kept me enthralled until the very end - thank you Maggie Casper and Lena Matthews! Most of all, thank you for introducing light BDSM and not using the C word on every page. While I'm desensitized to the word, it was refreshing to see that erotica and hot steamy scenes could be written without resorting to crude vulgarity - th
Gaby
Oct 04, 2013 Gaby rated it really liked it
Ha! This was a fun, sexy read.

I liked both characters, even if Catarena seemed a little bit judgemental at the beginning and then Mason too much of a control freak bordering on psycho, hehehe... j/k, but yeah, he was intense and came off as douchy.

By the way, I'm thinking E.L. James might have taken some ideas out of this book, and I say this because this one was published in 2007: (view spoiler)
Kerry
Aug 18, 2010 Kerry rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Catarena had a real smart-mouth that had me laughing. She was just so sassy and quickly had Mason wrapped around her finger. However, this is why I only gave it 4 stars. I went into it thinking that I was going to get a real dominant male, but as much as he kept saying that he had to be in control, he wasn't. She was.

Some of the things that she said and did really had me looking forward to her getting her ass spanked, but it didn't happen. If you are worried about read
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
Most of the free books I get are really bad. They are usually novellas so they are short making the story feel rushed, unrealistic and annoying. However, this free book would have been worth buying (cheaply). If you are shy about reading BDSM then this book is not for you. However, if you can handle the spice, I thought the storyline was an interesting one. Writer trying to do some research for her book about BDSM finds someone online willing to "help" her. I found it written pretty well, for a ...more
Silvia
Mar 29, 2014 Silvia rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING SEXY AS HELL STARRR

ohhh my lord, this book really are sexy as hell..i was hooked from the first chapter till end..ha ha ha

cat really a feisty, intelligent, brave, smart , funny and sexy as hell..she beleive in herself and shy but wild at bed ha ha ha shes really hot

mason, ooh my lord mason... he was full aplha male..pure one he he he he had enough with bimbo and plastic girl and need a real woman and he met cat through chat room..they really were hot together...they had bantered conve
Sammy
Nov 24, 2013 Sammy rated it liked it
I was a little scared when I realized that this book was about Dom/sub relationships and the initial pages did nothing to alleviate my concerns but I did keep reading. When the hero and heroine meet everything changes...the story acquires a depth that is unexpected and the heroine and hero are suddenly likable. I won't say anything else but I did like it and would recommend. The dom/sub thing is not as strong as I feared.
Mojca
Apr 02, 2011 Mojca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mojca by: Dina's review
Okay. It was nothing much, really. A dominant jackass (though he had his finer moments) for a hero, an independent (and rather annoying toward the end and the progress of her relationship with the hero) heroine, lots of (rather improbable in the stamina department) sex and a tiny bit of story.

But I liked it. Go figure.
Lady Aeval
Aug 02, 2013 Lady Aeval rated it really liked it
Shelves: d-s
Sexy and fun read. Not a lot of mystery or "surprises" but if you are looking for a fun sexy quick read then you can't go wrong with this.
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
Quick, hot read. Chat rooms, web cams! Oh My!
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • A Spanking for Valentine
  • Beck And Call
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • On Your Knees (Cress Brothers, #1)
  • Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Undercover Submission (Graceful #3)
  • The Possession (Possession / Addiction, #1)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
  • Wounded Hearts
  • Be My Everything
  • At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1)
  • Waiting for It
Maggie Casper's life could be called many things but boring isn't one of them. If asked, Maggie would tell you that blessed would more aptly describe her everyday existence.

Being loved by four gorgeous daughters should be enough to make anybody feel blessed. Add to that a bit of challenge, a lot of fun and an undeniably close circle of friends and family and you'd be walking in her shoes.

A love of
More about Maggie Casper...

The Boulevard (2 books)
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)