Start by marking “Abuse Your Illusions: The Disinformation Guide to Media Mirages and Establishment Lies” as Want to Read:

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The third of Russ Kick’s bestselling Disinformation Guides gathers another all-star line-up of exposés.
Juries have ruled in recent trials that Watergate was really about a Democratic Party prostitution ring.

Ignored in the U.S. and distorted elsewhere, the Milosevic tribunal hasn’t gone the way authorities were anticipating. (We present exclusive first-hand reporting from
Published May 1st 2003 by Disinformation Company

To ask other readers questions about Abuse Your Illusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abuse Your Illusions

Not nearly as good as "You're Being Lied to..." This edition fluctuates between "so? what's your point" (e.g., US chemical and biological weapons development, Panama was created for profit, etc.) and "wow, I hope this author finds counseling or someone with an MRI machine." It's a good read if you got a lot of time in a padded room.
Some good some bad. That's what you get with a book that consists of various authors. I felt some of the stories where extremely biased while others were objective. The reason I thought some were biased is instead of giving you the information and letting you make up your mind it seemed to want to tell you what you should think and I just don't like that crap at all.
It just completely blows my mind how I never even questioned half the stuff that I am now realizing I have had "spoon-fed" to me through the media. We need to be incharge of our own opinions.
Joel Massey
Suggested for alternative media fans and general conspiracy buffs.
Hema marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Kristina Bakšytė
Kristina Bakšytė marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Kyle Snyder
Kyle Snyder marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Raul Navarro
Raul Navarro marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
LORRAINE marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Jerrick Odell
Jerrick Odell marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Anansi marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Mike marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Kaye Retkwa
Kaye Retkwa marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Neddy marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Quintin Johnson
Quintin Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Jennifer Jacobs
Jennifer Jacobs marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Underground! The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology and Hidden History
  • Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult
  • Coercion: Why We Listen to What "They" Say
  • Beyond My Control: Forbidden Fantasies in an Uncensored Age
  • The N Word: Who Can Say It, Who Shouldn't, and Why
  • Inventing Reality: The Politics of News Media
  • 50 Facts That Should Change The World 2.0
  • Know What I Mean? Reflections On Hip Hop
  • Pimpology: The 48 Laws of the Game
  • Global Brain: The Evolution of the Mass Mind from the Big Bang to the 21st Century
  • Above Top Secret: Uncover the Mysteries of the Digital Age
  • Dirty Little Secrets of World War II: Military Information No One Told You about the Greatest, Most Terrible War in History
  • Selected Writings
  • A Blazing World: The Unofficial Companion to the Second League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (The Unofficial Companion to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, #2)
  • Basic Principles of Curriculum and Instruction
  • The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA & Mind Control
  • Straight: The Surprisingly Short History Of Heterosexuality
  • Bush in Babylon: The Recolonization of Iraq
Editor of the website The Memory Hole which publishes and archives hidden US government documents, including scientific studies and reports, civil rights-related reports, intelligence and covert action reports.

He is also editor-at-large for The Disinformation Company, where he has published several books including The Book of Lists and 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know.
More about Russ Kick...