Start by marking “Under the Influence: The Disinformation Guide to Drugs” as Want to Read:
Under the Influence: The Disinformation Guide to Drugs

Under the Influence: The Disinformation Guide to Drugs

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In the latest in the oversize Disinformation Guide series of anthologies, editor Preston Peet assembles an all-star cast to lay to rest the specious misinformation peddled by prohibitionists who depend upon the “War on some drugs and users” for their livelihood and power.

Drug users and abusers describe their feelings and fears for freedom, not only for themselves but for a
Published October 1st 2004 by The Disinformation Company (NYC) (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Influence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Influence

Zebra Three
Under The Influence is a collection of essays and articles of variable quality, centering around issues associated with the War on Drugs. The tone of most parts is casual and journalistic, making the collection highly accessible and good for a leisurely read. There were however some sections that weren't written brilliantly as well as editing mistakes which really let down the whole collection. I wasn't expecting academic standard, but I was expecting something better executed.

The book is divide
Erik Graff
Apr 23, 2012 Erik Graff rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: drug prohibitionists
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sciences
My life and those of many of those I most respect was changed, positively, by psychedelics. Consequently, I pick up books on psychopharmacology, altered states of consciousness, ethnobotany and the like when I find them available at low cost. This one I found on the bargain shelves at Border's and, having almost ninety cents left on the gift card my twelve-year old niece gave me for my birthday, I snapped it up.

Well, it is an anthology and not a very well done one. The articles are very generall
ds white
Jul 14, 2008 ds white rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my heroin dealer
Recommended to ds by: my benzo dealer
I red thiz boock and it hel[ed me wit my adixshuns
Doug Irvine
Doug Irvine marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Amanda L Rautio
Amanda L Rautio marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Taylor Dunbar
Taylor Dunbar marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Phillip
Phillip marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Jamie Treadway
Jamie Treadway marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
T And
T And added it
Jul 01, 2014
Donald William
Donald William marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Discotechjam
Discotechjam marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Dj
Dj marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
adrenalexpire
adrenalexpire marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Janelle Feldes
Janelle Feldes marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Preston Peet is a writer, editor, photographer, musician, actor, DJ, activist and adventurer. A regular contributor to High Times magazine and website, the editor of the controversial website DrugWar.com, and a columnist for the New York Waste, he lives in Manhattan with his other half and 10 rescued cats.
More about Preston Peet...
Underground!: The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology, and Hidden History Disinformation Guide to Ancient Aliens, Lost Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology & Hidden History Disinformation Guide to Ancient Aliens, Lost Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology and Hidden History