Start by marking “Dracula (Marvel Illustrated)” as Want to Read:
Dracula (Marvel Illustrated)

Dracula (Marvel Illustrated)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  14,826 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Thirty years later, comics legends Roy Thomas and Dick Giordano reunite to complete their unfinished adaptation of Bram Stoker's classic tale of vampire horror, Dracula Originally serialized in Marvel horror magazines Vampire Tales and Legion of Monsters, their meticulous retelling of Bram Stoker's tale of Gothic horror has been found in the Marvel tombs, and will at last ...more
Published November 9th 2005 by Marvel Comics

Lena Tumasyan
Sep 20, 2011 Lena Tumasyan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book in Borders, during its going-out-of-business clearance sale. I am very sad to see Borders go, as it was more then a bookstore to me. It was a social hub, a place of high school memories, and a great escape from the craziness of home. But alas...nothing I can do.

I've read Bram Stoker's Dracula many times. Who hasn't? I'm sure everyone has seen one of the many Dracula movies made in the last century. And with vampires being incredibly popular nowadays, I figured what else can th
Jay
Nov 03, 2012 Jay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
I had this on my shelf waiting to be read, so I figured Halloween was a great time to read it. This is a fantastic adaptation of the novel, and does the original work great justice. The art (Giordano) perfectly captures the mood and lends a "period" feel to the whole thing. The HC version is bound nicely, but there is some gutter loss which is a bit frustrating. If you've read the novel this is worth a read especially for the art. I always like to start with the original work before venturing on ...more
Sariah
Apr 17, 2011 Sariah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Borders was closing and this is one of the graphic novels I picked up for 80% off - I am a huge fan of the original novel and was curious. It is very faithful to the novel and the graphics make it even MORE creepy, if that is possible. I also find it very satisfying that Dracula could rip out Edward Cullen's throat and eat him for breakfast. How come there isn't a graphic novel about that? I'd buy that at full price.
Dan
Mar 20, 2014 Dan rated it really liked it
In 1897, Draculawas first published by Bram Stoker. In 1975, comic book legends Dick Giordano and Roy Thomas began working on a comic book adaptation of Dracula for Marvel Comics. Unfortunately, the project was cancelled. Thirty years later, the two reunited to complete the book. Here is Stoker’s Dracula, a beautiful, hardcover graphic novel. Thomas and Giordano set out to create “..the most faithful adaptation ever.” Is it one-hundred percent faithful? Now, I am a huge fan of the original vampi ...more
Carl Nelson
May 29, 2012 Carl Nelson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a faithfully creepy adaptation of Bram Stoker's classic tale of vampires that excels both in the text and the illustrations. The dialog and narration are fluid, and in graphic novel format the number of different narrators (Jonathan Harker's diary, Mina Murray's letters, Dr. Seward's phonograph recordings, et al.) stand out as different voices. The artwork is bold yet still nuanced, and it manages to maintain detail even in predominantly dark frames.

If I have one complaint, it's that the
Moira Lau
Mar 21, 2014 Moira Lau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Much more scarier than reading the Bram Stoker novel as one could see the red eyes, the fangs, the blood... Reminded me of how much I loved Dracula.
Shannon
Apr 03, 2014 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what a cool graphic adaptation of the beloved Brand stokers Dracula. it was very good and I flew threw this. the art work was amazing.
Adnana Dason
Feb 02, 2015 Adnana Dason rated it liked it
You also might be interested in Vlad's original Romanian story: http://bit.ly/XiyE4B
Kelli
Feb 17, 2014 Kelli rated it really liked it
Cool art and very true to the original story.
Andêşe Fethî
May 04, 2015 Andêşe Fethî rated it it was amazing
Very true to the original story
Nandakishore
Feb 25, 2014 Nandakishore marked it as to-read
I WANT TO READ THS BOOK
Don
Jan 20, 2010 Don rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Quite good - it moves briskly, as an adaptation should, and the compressed nature requires excising quite a lot of the frustrating bits present in the original (much of Van Helsing's speeches, for instance). The black and white artwork from comics legend Dick Giordano is creepy, alluring and effective. The original is worth reading but eventually outstays its welcome; fortunately, that problem isn't found here.
Nathalia
Sep 23, 2015 Nathalia rated it really liked it
Posiblemente hice las cosas en el orden equivocado.
Primero vi el musical en el teatro.
Luego la película.
Y finalmente leí el libro.

Pero aún así, disfruté de cada página como si fuera la primera vez que me topaba con la historia.

Ahora los vampiros son un chiste que está de moda, pero hay tantas cosas detrás de esta novela que es imposible no considerarla una obra maestra de la literatura.

Sharmishtha Basu
Sep 17, 2016 Sharmishtha Basu rated it it was amazing
If it is Bram Stoker's Dracula then it is one of my favorite books, not only as a horror but classic as well. The story that Stoker weaved was beyond comparison, no wonder he is still around! Count Dracula has become synonymous to vampires in some places, especially to those who don't read much horror stories, they often mistake count Dracula as a synonym to vampire.
Adriana
Sep 29, 2016 Adriana rated it really liked it
This is like an illustrated CliffNotes version of the classic tale by Bram Stoker.
You miss out on some of the backstories and details, but all the pertinent bits are included and drawn in gorgeous, superdetailed black and white.
It doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but it's one of the best summaries I've ever read of Dracula.
Evan
Feb 16, 2013 Evan rated it really liked it
Marylou
Excellent adaptation of the story. Loved the illustrations!

Barbie
Jul 28, 2016 Barbie rated it really liked it
Dracula is just a clasic! I admit it took me longer than usual to end it as it is more complex than what I usually read but it was worth it. I finally got to know the real story and get my own conclusion about vampires. I actually liked it.
Kayla
Aug 05, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy reading this book. One of my favorites. I love the style of writing from this time period, the setting, everything. I feel it's very romanticized, but that's what I liked about it. If you like this one I would recommend Frankenstein!
Hannah Brislin
Aug 30, 2014 Hannah Brislin rated it really liked it
Always a true classic
Stephanie
I listened to this book in Audio format and it was quite good. I don't know if the experience would have been the same if I had read it. Dr Van Helsing is read by Tim Currey. You can't go wrong with horror read by Tim Currey
Shaima
Nov 30, 2015 Shaima rated it liked it
I have read this book back in high school to avoid the awkward silence on the bus back to my house. Its amazing! I truly enjoyed it so much to the point that I talked about it nonstop for a whole two weeks!
Theresa Bombard
Nov 11, 2010 Theresa Bombard rated it it was amazing
I have read the regular version of Dracula many times. I enjoyed reading this graphic version which added moody, atmospheric renderings of the action in the book.
Blu
Jan 31, 2011 Blu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Check out my full review at my blog, October Country: http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.co...
Kereesa
Probably the BEST Dracula adaptation I've ever seen/read. Beautiful art, wonderfully executed. 4/5
rachel
Oct 07, 2008 rachel rated it it was amazing
Recommended to rachel by: husband/comic collector
Shelves: graphic-novel
the art is beautiful. such a great way to reread the book.
Hasim
Feb 16, 2013 Hasim rated it really liked it
It relieved new sections into my mind in a young age.
Karen
Apr 15, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classics
One of my fave books. Read so many times.
Sandra Cornejo
Mar 19, 2015 Sandra Cornejo rated it it was amazing
Un clásico fascinante.

Natalie
May 01, 2010 Natalie rated it liked it
Good adaptation.
Graphic Novels: Dracula By Roy Thomas and Dick Giordano 1 2 Jul 21, 2016 09:50AM
  • War Stories, Volume 2
  • COPS
  • Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a UFO
  • Castle Bravo
  • Emma
  • Under Fire: An American Story - The Explosive Autobiography of Oliver North
  • Joe Hill's Terrifyingly Tragic Treasury Edition
  • Dracula (All-Action Classics, #1)
  • The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance)
  • Haunt of Horror: Lovecraft
  • Unexplained Mysteries of World War II
  • Petrus Romanus, The Final Pope is Here
  • Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles: The Authorized Adaptation
  • Doctor Strange: Beginnings and Endings
Roy Thomas is a comic book writer and editor, and Stan Lee's first successor as editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics. He is possibly best known for introducing the pulp magazine hero Conan the Barbarian to American comics, with a series that added to the storyline of Robert E. Howard's character and helped launch a sword and sorcery trend in comics. Thomas is also known for his championing of Golden A ...more
More about Roy Thomas...

Marvel Illustrated (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Emma
  • Last of the Mohicans (Marvel Illustrated)
  • Moby Dick (Marvel Illustrated)
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • The Iliad (Marvel Illustrated)
  • The Man in the Iron Mask
  • The Odyssey
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • Kidnapped!
  • The Three Musketeers (Marvel Illustrated)