Start by marking “Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 2

Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 2 (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi #4–6)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  355 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Learn the fate of the ancient Jedi Order's most legendary heroes in this huge collection!

In a time when Jedi were numerous and the Sith Empire but a bitter memory, an ancient evil rose again, corrupting one of the Jedi's finest and igniting a war that ravaged worlds. The Sith were reborn, ties of friendship and family were betrayed, and the lives of Jedi Nomi Sunrider and
Published April 9th 2008 by Dark Horse (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Omnibus

Iset

The first story in this collection is The Freedon Nadd Uprising with Tom Veitch at the helm of the script, and Tony Akins and Denis Rodier on the art. I have mixed feelings about this one. I wasn’t a fan of the art style, though neither did I dislike it. In places the colours were garish, even clashing. Although this does, as I mentioned in my review of the previous volume, evoke something of a sense of an earlier era, it’s not my preferred style in the Star Wars comics. The story also had its n
Joseph Keys
Lucas eat your heart out! This is how you REALLY do a pre-original Star Wars story.
Instantly creating mystique by making "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" a long LONG time ago, Tales of the Jedi's Sith Wars produce some of the most enigmatic characters and enduring story-lines that (I feel) the Star Wars Expanded Universe has to offer.
Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider are easily my favorite characters aside from the original movie cast and their legacy set the stage for all following p
Jaime
The artwork is very good and detailed throughout. The inks and colours enhanced the story, making me pay more attention to the scenes and people than I usually do.

The Freedon Nadd Uprising
-Nadd's remains are on Onderon...and he has some followers. The spirit doesn't only guide, but can hurt.
- Cay and Ulic Qel-Droma, Master Arca, and Nomi Sunrider are the initial Jedi. I love how Nomi is drawn - muscular and strong. Nomi and a few other apprentices are sent to stop a new Sith uprising.
- Cousins A
Ryan
Michael Alexander Henke
So much nostalgia for me. When I was younger I was absolutely starved for Star Wars stuff. I wanted to know everything and read everything I could get my hands on. There were so many unanswered questions. We knew that Darth Vader was a Dark Lord of the Sith, but there was never any mention of what the Sith was, or what being a Dark Lord meant.
Lo and Behold along comes the Tales of the Jedi series. Set 4000 years before the movies, we learn the history of the Jedi, what the Sith are, their histor
Andrew
The omnibus contained the comics Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising, Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War, and Tales of the Jedi Redemption. I posted my reviews for each of the following below. Overall, a great collection of Star Wars comics!

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising
Tom Veitch

Much better than the previous Tales of the Jedi story. In this story Nomi Sunrider goes to the planet Ossus to further her Jedi training before g
Nicholas
Honestly, the best part about this is the last chapter, Redemption, but I guess you need all the other chapters for it to make any sense. That being said, it is kind of worth it. Anderson and crew introduce a bunch of cool new characters that are memorable in the vast pantheon of Jedi in the EU. This collection follows the exploits of two really interesting characters: Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider interweaving stories of their humble origins and building up to the moments where their lives c ...more
Thomas
Most of the writing was squarely in the grade-school by-the-numbers comic book plotting. the author padded the word count with repeated overuse of the words "Sith", "magic", "power", and "Jedi" to the point where I could predict conversations. Character motives and development were uneven, with some characters little more than cardboard cutouts. Perhaps I am jaded since I just finished reading The Sandman.

The final story was a great payoff for the plot arc that came before. It also featured a ne
Tyler Bray
It was decent,

The story telling was pretty bad, as random sequences were thrown together and the plot was never totally clear. I enjoyed the interactions of Nomi Sunrider and Ulic Qel-Droma as they had their own separate stories but were finally brought together through conflict. The emotions of the Jedi were not at all as they should have been according said Jedi code and what not (Blood lust, seeking revenge. It did not convince me of Ulic's reasoning to go to the darkside, and the actions tha
Petra Psohlavcová
Druhý díl mi přišel mnohem lepší než první. Objevení starých známých tváří z minulé knihy bylo velmi milé a příběhy byly originálnější než minule. Poslední příběh mi tedy přišel kreslený skoro už jako japonské anime, ale i to do omnibusu patří... a hezky se to celé zakončilo.
Seana
Couldn't get through the story because I really didn't like the art, except for the final story arc - Redemption - which was both a good story and well drawn.
Chris Cook
A great book. Five stars is reserved for the utmost classics, three stars for books I love. So four stars is in that sweet spot of books I love that I would definitely recommend to anyone. This series is the first comic books I've read since a child, and I have no qualms recommending this comic book to anyone.

The only problem with this book is you should read volume 1 before hand. Volume 1 is not nearly as good, but it heats up in the end to set you up for this one.

I read this all in about 4 hou
Luke
Good conclusion.
Victor Orozco
Magnificent! The Great Sith War. In most of the Star Wars stories its said that this took four years, but in this case we view it more or less in a few months but the chaos that resulted from the war was far more terrible than I had imagined it would be.

A tragic, yet moving story of redemption and sacrifice is also told. Without a doubt Uliq Qel-Droma is just as much like Anakin Skywalker. No surprise they would sort of meet in the video game Clone Wars.

Wonderful! B+
Daniel
Story was fine. Artwork...meh!
Melissa
Aug 14, 2009 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Melissa by: Stephen Wiseheart
Shelves: graphic-novels
Eric
I almost didn't finish this due to lack of interest but I'm glad I stuck with it. The rise and fall of these characters is great to watch and kind of embarrassing for Lucas in light of the prequel trilogy. The last few chapters are great and the art improves over time.
What a weird series this was.
Strawberry
This was a hard read, for it was so very boring. I just couldn't bring myself to feel anything for the characters with one exception: the last story of the collection, called "Redemption". It alone would have been worth four stars, but the 350 pages before were like torture.
Radix Hidayat
My fave arc is the last: Redemption. The tone dramatically changes from all the grandiose of Star Wars to the path of redemption of Ulic Qel-Droma that seeks only peace after what he has done. A brilliant ending to my fave Star Wars comic series.
Andre
Struggled through this one for a while. Most of the story bored me, but the last section redeemed the book for me.
Morbus Iff
As a fictional empire, it's growing on me. Maybe I needed to get past a long deep-seated hatred.
Dina
The last story was the best of this compilation and loved the illustration style of Chris Gossett.
Tyson Adams
Meh. Not as good as I remember from when I read it as a teenager.
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Jordy
Jordy marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Caron
Caron marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Adam Andrews
Adam Andrews marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Emissaries and Assassins
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Rise of the Sith
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Vol. 5: The Hidden Temple
  • Star Wars Omnibus: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, Vol. 3
  • Daze of Hate, Knights of Suffering (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #4)
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Boba Fett
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Early Victories
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Shadows of the Empire
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (7 books)
  • The Golden Age of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #1)
  • Fall of the Sith Empire (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #2)
  • Tales of the Jedi: The Collection (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #3)
  • The Freedon Nadd Uprising (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #4)
  • Dark Lords of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #5)
  • The Sith War (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #6)
  • Redemption (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #7)
Jedi Search (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #1) Dark Apprentice (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #2) Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #3) Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5) Darksaber (Star Wars)