Start by marking “Awakening To Our Awful Situation: Warnings from the Nephite Prophets” as Want to Read:
Awakening To Our Awful Situation: Warnings from the Nephite Prophets

Awakening To Our Awful Situation: Warnings from the Nephite Prophets

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  25 reviews
For good religious people, one of the most difficult tasks in today's sophisticated world is to perceive evil when masquerading as good. It is due, in large part, to wishful thinking. Good Christian conservatives are often a beleaguered, minority within a democratic society, and rarely gain the ability to effectively control the powers of government. Thus, when "one of our ...more
Published 2006 by Nauvoo House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Awakening To Our Awful Situation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakening To Our Awful Situation

Brian
Great book for anyone who wants to learn what the warning in the Book of Mormon, Ether Chapter 8 (and all throughout the book) is all about, "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up."
Mindy
Okay, I really like this book, but it made me very angry! I had to take long breaks in between chapters because I was so irritated with things in the past I couldn't change. I would say this book is somewhat of a "conspriacy theory", but there is a lot of research and quotes to back it up. The corruption/ secret combinations is sickening!
This book talks about the warnings from BOM prophets and how important our freedom is and why it is so important to do all we can to fight for it and keep the
Tia
It is my opinion that every Latter-Day Saint, especially those living in the United States, should read this book.

The full title of this book is "Awakening To Our Awful Situation: Warnings from the Nephite Prophets." The title comes from the scripture in Ether chapter 8 verses 23-25, where Moroni has been writing of the secret combinations had by the Jaredites and is now inserting a warning to us in our day. Here are some selections from those verses:

"Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in G
Bryson
I thank Jack Monnett for writing such an important work. Although I came to understand the same things that the author covers prior to reading Awakening To Our Awful Situation, getting confirmation through both independent study and personal revelation, I love how the author presents the information to the reader. The scriptures and the Lord's servants are liberally quoted, other secular sources are referenced and linked to. I find this work to be in complete harmony with the Book of Mormon and ...more
Travis
I had read most of what was in here. It was well presented, though. The section on education was interesting. Basically, this book presents the case that there are one or more conspiring forces in the world that orchestrate most of the main events in the last 100 years. There is a well-considered and well-formed plan to erode the freedom of people around the world for the profit and power of a few individuals.

It's not a happy story. Is it true? Judge for yourself. For my part, I can't buy into a
Zinger
May 27, 2008 Zinger rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2007
This book is old news for JBS members, but a great book for those that are willing to "take the blue pill" and see what is really going on in the world. It is a must read for any Mormons that are bored with the same old Sunday school class about how "all is well in Zion". International Secret Combinations is one of those messages the Book of Mormon warns us today about, and this book gives that warning some attention.
Ben Marchant
This book was a great read, offering an eye-opening and fascinating insight into modern political-economy calling attention to the incongruities and omissions of major events in the 19th and 20th centuries that have been manipulated and covered up by the Gadianton societies of the latter days. The reality of secret conspiracies overtaking government, business and global politics is clearly outlined and gives places the readers on notice to defend, preserve and uphold this unique society of Liber ...more
Ryan Patrick
Dec 07, 2008 Ryan Patrick marked it as started-not-finished
I warn everyone, and their neighbor, and their neighbor's dog, to steer clear of this kind of drivel masquerading as "academic research". Monnett simply preys on his faithful but unwary readers by wresting the scriptures in service to his personal agenda, and wrangling the facts to fit his bizarre conspiracy theory. If you buy this nonsense, then I know a guy from Nigeria who wants to make you a very rich person...

For a more detailed critique, see http://lykeionregis.blogspot.com/2008...
Becky
Okay, well really, I can't finish this book. I have read 3/4 of the book and there is something about it that bothers me; and I can't quite put my finger on it. This book is about gov. and conspiracies, and I do believe them to be true... but it's just very depressing learning about the corruptness of our nation, and the world for that matter! I prefer "Non Dare Call It Conspiracy" and "Many are Called but Few are Chosedn" over this book. Very thought provoking though...
Chris
Has some good points, but can get a little "doomsday-ish". He does have the point that most people just don't pay attention to what is going on in the world and the corruptness. I didn't read the whole thing, but most of it. I would suggest others to read it only to hopefully help open the eyes to what is very likely going on out there.
Kassie
“I appreciate Dr. Monnett researching and putting into one place many quotes from our Prophets that talk about the things we will face in the last days, things that we are seeing being fulfilled in our day. It was sobering, but empowering as well, and helped me to realize that I can be aware of these things and not be fearful.”
April
Life changing! Scary! I believe most of it and think everyone should read it. Truly it makes one awaken to our awful situation. What can we do about it? Be politically involved, fulfill our civic duty the best we can, prepare our families (ie. food storage, get out of debt, stock up arms, etc.) and warn our neighbor.
Jim Nebeker
Long before Glenn Beck and Shawn Hannity, this book really did wake me up to our awful situation, and now, thanks to Glenn Beck and Shawn Hannity, I can see how the pattern continues and where it will eventually take us.
Misty Lynne
Done. Scary!

I am currently reading this book with my husband. It has sparked some great conversation between us and I think I am getting a lot more out of the book reading it with him than I would on my own.
Ernie Dawson
Great read on current political issues from an LDS perspective. Book comes with a 2 hour DVD by Steven Jones, former professor of physics at BYU concerning the collapse of the World Trade Center building.
Brad
A must read. If you want to know what's really going on in the world today this is a great book, written from an LDS perspective based on prophecies from the Book of Mormon. Highly recommended!!
Trina
So well-written! Thoroughly documented and very timely. Every member of the LDS church should read this book and "awaken" to what is happening around us.
Desiree Finkbeiner
Excellent, eye opening. A must read for all those blind sheep Mormons out there who have absolutely NO idea what's going on behind the iron curtain.
Tim Painter
Great book. Even though it sounds like the entire government is in conspiracy it is backed up with good data and facts. A real eye opener.
Mary Lou
Great analysis of the situation we are in today in 2009 using the Book of Mormon for insight. Good things to be watching out for.
Marcy
Very interesting insights into what is going on today and how the Book of Mormon prophesies of these events. Highly recommended.
Autumn
I think everyone who believes in agency and the Book of Mormon should read this book!
Kimberly
Fascinating and scary! It opens your eyes to secret combinations in our day.
Phila
Very informative, eye opening and reading book 2 now.
Melanie
Unsettling!! What has happened to America?
Alfred
Alfred marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
David Oakeson
David Oakeson marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Mark
Mark is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Revealed Educational Principles and the Public Schools (Paperback) Awakening to Our Awful Situation: Responding to Satan's War on Agency, Book 2 When The Lights Went Out When the Lights Went Out: An LDS/EMP Scenario Awakening To Our Awful Situation - Warnings From The Nephite Prophets