Start by marking “Plates of Gold” as Want to Read:
Plates of Gold

Plates of Gold

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published January 28th 2003 by Covenant Communications (first published January 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Plates of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plates of Gold

Tammy
Feb 12, 2013 Tammy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tammy by: Lori
Shelves: religious
I've read a lot of cheesy LDS books so I was happily surprised that this one didn't fit into that category. I thought it was well written and has information that some LDS members might not know.

The one thing that bothered me was the cover photo. Everyone knows that the plates were not translated with Joseph and his scribe sitting at a table like this. In the book he talks about needing a blanket to separate Joseph from his scribe or Joseph putting his head into a hat to read his seerstone or U
Jason Burt
I picked up this book on a clearance rack because I like LDS history and thought it looked interesting. The author did include a few interesting facts about the coming forth of the Book or Mormon that I didn't know about, but not too many. The book was well researched but for the most part was just the normal story of how the Joseph Smith got the plates and translated the Book of Mormon - it would probably make for more interesting reading if you didn't already know most of the story.
Dorry Lou
This was a good book retelling about Joseph Smith obtaining the Gold Plates. There were a lot of additional information that I was not aware of . I enjoyed reading and refreshing my memory of all the sacrifice made by many people so that we can have what we do today as members of the church.
Peter
Important book for book of Mormon readers.
Marvin
A very interesting book about the restoring of additional scriptures brought forth in the 1830's.
Would be especially good for anyone who hasn't read other books of this event nor have visited the historical places where this event happened.
Cyndi
The story of how The Book of Mormon came to be. Well and thoroughly researched. Can be used as a reference book but read easily. Plainly and simply told leaves the reader to decide for themselves.
Jared Evans
I really enjoyed reading through this book. I learned several pieces of church history that I had never heard befor.
John
good background on the history
John
John marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Brett Hinton
Brett Hinton marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Brandon Byrd
Brandon Byrd marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Robert Freeze
Robert Freeze marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Tj-samantha Nickeson
Tj-samantha Nickeson marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Matt Mcconkey
Matt Mcconkey marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Symbols in Stone: Symbolism on the Early Temples of the Restoration Exploring the Connection Between Mormons and Masons The Gate of Heaven: Insights on the Doctrines and Symbols of the Temple The Plan of Salvation: Doctrinal Notes and Commentary PROPHECIES - SIGNS OF THE TIMES, SECOND COMING, MILLENNIUM