Start by marking “Plates of Gold” as Want to Read:
Plates of Gold

Plates of Gold

Published January 28th 2003 by Covenant Communications (first published January 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Plates of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plates of Gold

Tammy
Jan 31, 2013 Tammy rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tammy by: Lori
Shelves: religious
I've read a lot of cheesy LDS books so I was happily surprised that this one didn't fit into that category. I thought it was well written and has information that some LDS members might not know.

The one thing that bothered me was the cover photo. Everyone knows that the plates were not translated with Joseph and his scribe sitting at a table like this. In the book he talks about needing a blanket to separate Joseph from his scribe or Joseph putting his head into a hat to read his seerstone or U
Jason Burt
Nov 25, 2010 Jason Burt rated it liked it
I picked up this book on a clearance rack because I like LDS history and thought it looked interesting. The author did include a few interesting facts about the coming forth of the Book or Mormon that I didn't know about, but not too many. The book was well researched but for the most part was just the normal story of how the Joseph Smith got the plates and translated the Book of Mormon - it would probably make for more interesting reading if you didn't already know most of the story.
Marvin
May 09, 2012 Marvin rated it liked it
A very interesting book about the restoring of additional scriptures brought forth in the 1830's.
Would be especially good for anyone who hasn't read other books of this event nor have visited the historical places where this event happened.
Dorry Lou
Jan 10, 2012 Dorry Lou rated it really liked it
This was a good book retelling about Joseph Smith obtaining the Gold Plates. There were a lot of additional information that I was not aware of . I enjoyed reading and refreshing my memory of all the sacrifice made by many people so that we can have what we do today as members of the church.
Cyndi
Apr 07, 2010 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
The story of how The Book of Mormon came to be. Well and thoroughly researched. Can be used as a reference book but read easily. Plainly and simply told leaves the reader to decide for themselves.
Melissa
Sep 01, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Great information. I listened to this on CD and the readers were very good. I love the back story and I love little details. This was a great read on more information about how it all came about.
Jared Evans
Aug 01, 2011 Jared Evans rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church-history
I really enjoyed reading through this book. I learned several pieces of church history that I had never heard befor.
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2008
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2008
Joey Anderson
Joey Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
K.C.
K.C. rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Jaime
Jaime rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2010
Kelley Marsh
Kelley Marsh rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Brandon Foushee
Brandon Foushee rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
mtw
mtw rated it really liked it
May 11, 2010
Don
Don rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2009
Korrie
Korrie rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2009
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Sabra Ann
Sabra Ann rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Peter
Oct 23, 2014 Peter rated it it was amazing
Important book for book of Mormon readers.
Lee Brown
Lee Brown rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2008
Hunter Davis
Hunter Davis rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Candace Salima
Candace Salima rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2008
Lynnette
Lynnette rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2012
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Tyson
Tyson rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2009
Tim Donaldson
Tim Donaldson rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Chalene Servoss
Chalene Servoss rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2008