Start by marking “Diana's Boys: William and Harry and the Mother They Loved” as Want to Read:
Diana's Boys: William and Harry and the Mother They Loved

Diana's Boys: William and Harry and the Mother They Loved

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  12 reviews
That the beautiful, complicated Princess of Wales — arguably the most celebrated woman of the twentieth century — died so violently and so young was tragic. That she was a single mother leaving behind two emotionally vulnerable sons made Diana's death at thirty-six all the more heartbreaking.Four years after Diana's death, Prince William and his brother Prince Harry — "the ...more
Audio, Abridged, 3 pages
Published August 27th 2001 by HighBridge Company (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Diana's Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diana's Boys

I have grown inordinately fond of Christopher Andersen's prose lately. Yes, there are times when he falls into overusing the same phrase on multiple occasions (and it's usually something elegant that you just know he's very proud of, like "those legendary playing fields of Eton," or something like that), or when he refers to the same person in three or more different ways on the same page (as in "Diana," "Mummy," and "the Princess of Wales"; or "Elizabeth," "Granny," "Her Majesty," and "the Quee ...more
I actually lstened to this on my way to a conference. Overall, it was an enjoyable book. I think there are many things that have come out since the writing of this that make it a bit humorous especially with Wills now a husband and father. I also appreciated seeing the more human side of Charles. Her death was a tragedy. She was the mother to two boys that she loved very much, and tried to raise them to be good princes and kings.
Feb 11, 2008 Nissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anglophiles
I was living in England when Diana died. In fact, I had been on the spot where she was killed only two weeks before. I remember the shock of knowing that such a young, vibrant woman with so much left to give, had suddnely been taken from this world. The reality that her young sons would have to go through their adolescence without a mother - a mother whom they were so obviously close to - was heartbreaking.

This book is a wonderful chronicle of their lives together. Unfortunately, I don't think t
Such a sad story for a great person. It's truly just shitty how she was treated by the royal family. A great book for any history or Diana enthusiast. Now on to After Diana.
Carol Wiilliams
Very great book. Well written and you can feel the love between Diana and her sons on each page.
Lou Fillari
Diana was an unstable human being. Her children are spoiled brats. Still, I read the whole book.
A really interesting read about Diana's sons and their lives up to and beyond Diana's death. I really enjoyed this book.

Back Cover Blurb:
Five years after Diana's death, Prince William and his brother Prince Harry are the planet's two most written and speculated about young men. People everywhere feel an intense affection for Wills and Harry, and wonder if, without their mother to guide them, they are withering or flourishing in the House of Windsor.
Here is a story of a mother who died too young
Lisa Valeri
In spite of my love of anything Royal, I avoid most books as they tend to be over-the-top and self indulgent. This was a refreshing change as the author, when leaning dangerously to one side of the fence, always managed to tip the scales back to neutral with an even hand of praising and admonishing both parents equally in the boys' upbringing. I was also very pleased that even with the advantage of hindsight, I was to still able to learn new details about my favorite family.
A good book on the lives of princess Diana's sons; stops before William gets to college so it doesn't delve into the Will-Kate romance. ...more
Angelia Bell
Very insightful. I enjoyed reading this one.
my guilty pleasure...
Christmas gift from Mom.
Dana Weiczman
Dana Weiczman marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Michell Karnes
Michell Karnes marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
MatildaBlue marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Molly Sparber
Molly Sparber marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Sharron marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Nina marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Raina marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
  • The Royals
  • The Diana Chronicles
  • Kate: The Future Queen
  • Royal Panoply: Brief Lives of the English Monarchs
An Affair to Remember: The Remarkable Love Story of Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy William and Kate: A Royal Love Story These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie The Day Diana Died Somewhere in Heaven: The Remarkable Love Story of Dana and Christopher Reeve