Start by marking “Best Laid Plans (The Best Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans (The Best Girls, #3)

Best Laid Plans (Best Girls #3)

Book 3 of The Best Girls
Josh needs a wife right away, and after waiting for Charlie for two futile years, he can’t afford to wait any longer.
By the time Charlie realizes she’s in love with Josh, it’s too late for them to be together. So she sets out to help him find happiness in someone else’s arms.
Soon almost everyone is plotting and planning at cross-purposes, trying to
ebook
Published April 24th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Randy Tramp
Feb 02, 2016 Randy Tramp rated it it was amazing
The Book
Josh needs a wife, now, so he could adopt his niece and nephew. He asks Oliva, but she is reluctant. Josh still has feelings for Charlie but keeps it to himself. Drama plays out.
Charlie moves to NYC to attend law school and still has feelings for Josh. That drama plays out.

My Thoughts
Five-Star Great. I enjoyed entering into the world of the Best family. Here are two lines from the book and of course, it’s much better in context. “That was before I knew you were insane.” And “We should wr
Loren Weaver
Sep 06, 2014 Loren Weaver rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Best Laid Plans is the third installment of the Best Girls series by Tamie Dearen and is the story of Charlie and Josh.

After two years, Josh gave up on Charlie even though he's still madly in love with her. But now, he needs an insta-wife so that he can adopt his niece and nephew. He asks Olivia, but she doesn't really want to. Charlie is moving to NYC to go to law school, and she's trying hard not to show her feelings for Josh.

We thought the debacle with Anne and Steven was bad. Emily and Spen
Wesley
Apr 22, 2014 Wesley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dearen delivers again! This book definitely kept me on the edge of my seat, anxious about all the miscommunication happening. The story is fun, and you’ll fall in love with each of the characters, regardless of how off-base their advice may be. Dearen wraps up the story beautifully, always providing that happy ending her fans love. This book may bring a few tears but many more laughs along the way! I recommend this book to anyone who likes a fun love story, with all the twists and complications ...more
Holli Davila
Feb 06, 2015 Holli Davila rated it it was amazing
It took all of 5 pages (which I had already read in the teaser) to be instantly hooked into this story. Dearen does an incredible job of creating lovable irony for two people destined to be together and who are already in love who can't seem to figure it out, no matter how many of their loved ones try and help out. And just when you think it might work out--twist! turn! confusion! This page turner was funny and sweet and enjoyable. I highly recommend it. This author is really finding a niche for ...more
Mar 05, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A fun conclusion to the Best Girls series. If miscommunication got any worse, the main characters would have been speaking different languages! I found myself laughing out loud at some of the conversations they had. I loved that everything got wrapped up nicely!
language: clean, heat level: mild
Franky
Aug 10, 2014 Franky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent addition to the fun Best Girls series. Great characters and a captivating plot. Keeps you reading to find out what happens.
Shelley
May 01, 2016 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third instalment in the Best family series and my favourite one.

Charlie is in love with Josh, a cute sporty doctor and Josh is in love with Charlie. However Josh needs to get married quickly so that he can get custody of his niece and nephew, so he asks Olivia who he loves like a sister as him and Charlie haven't spoken in a year.

The scheming and plotting can get a bit muddled at times, but not in a bad way. As one of the characters says why pay for expensive cable when the situation unfol
Faith
This book was a fun read. There were some things that were a bit repetitive and I was a little bit like, "Can you just get on with it and tell each other that you love each other and stop doubting each other?" But other than that I did like it. I read it before I read any of the other books in the series and it was a little bit hard, especially at first since the characters had all been obviously introduced in earlier books. I would suggest that you read at least book 2 first so you can get some ...more
Cassy7
Jul 23, 2016 Cassy7 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I read this to finish the story, I liked the different circumstances that played out in this story, but I felt very frustrated with the leading male and female characters. It was too much back and forth, and their vehemence for what they thought the other person felt, blinded them when their actions pointed to their true feelings quite obviously. The background scheming was entertaining at first but got tiring.
Gypsy In Pearls
Mar 27, 2016 Gypsy In Pearls rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
This is my favorite of the Best stories so far. I deployments getting to know Charlie an following hee along her journey with Josh. I can relate closely to Charlie's insecurities and fierce sense of independence. Thus book read much faster than the others and I love the introduction to more of the extended facilitating the way! I can't wait for their next best adventure to unfold!
Nellie
May 01, 2014 Nellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute, clean, and romantic. I don't LOVE the "Three's Company" kind of story, where there is so much miscommunication, or No communication at all, and everyone assumes the wrong thing, but it was well written, and a fun story. I enjoyed it.
Melinda
Mar 25, 2016 Melinda rated it it was ok
This book was too much like the first two. Charlie turned into a weak, frustrating girl, while Josh became whiney and lost all rational thought whatsoever, and the family "schemes" were so frustrating!
michael calhoun
Apr 08, 2016 michael calhoun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Another good book to this series. I am enjoy everything about these books.Now to the next.very good author. I will defend be reading more from this author.
Party of 3
Party of 3 rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Jakub Pracny
Jakub Pracny rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Lisa Magliocca
Lisa Magliocca rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Candice
Candice rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Arlene Arredondo
Arlene Arredondo rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2015
Nellita Galloway
Nellita Galloway rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Mel
Mel rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Karen Reed
Karen Reed rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Lynn Smyth
Lynn Smyth rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2014
L.R.W. Lee
L.R.W. Lee rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Rachael Cowley
Rachael Cowley rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Antonette Pierce
Antonette Pierce rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Yuvee
Yuvee rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2016
Rebecca C Frost
Rebecca C Frost rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
susan camera
susan camera rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Lillian
Lillian rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Clean Reads: It's out! Only 99¢ today! 1 13 Apr 14, 2014 05:43AM
Clean Romances: It's out! Only 99¢ today! 1 11 Apr 14, 2014 05:17AM
Clean Romances: 99¢ on release day--April 14 1 11 Apr 10, 2014 08:48PM
Clean Reads: 99¢ on release day--April 14 1 8 Apr 10, 2014 08:46PM
Clean Reads: Spot the Fakes from Book1--Win a FREE copy of Book 3 3 13 Feb 24, 2014 03:55PM
Clean Romances: Spot the Fakes from Book1--Win a FREE copy of Book 3 3 11 Feb 24, 2014 03:53PM

I write PG rated Romantic Comedies and Young Adult Fantasy. I love writing. I also love playing musical instruments, singing, song-writing, and painting. My day job involves a bit of sculpting and carving. (I hate housework!)

I met my husband as a freshman in college when I acted out of character on a whim. One night in the library lobby, I spied a cute guy with his first
More about Tamie Dearen...

Best Girls (4 books)
  • Her Best Match (Best Girls, #1)
  • Best Dating Rules (The Best Girls, #2)
  • Best Foot Forward (The Best Girls, #4)