Start by marking “Vikings Dawn” as Want to Read:
Vikings Dawn

Vikings Dawn

“In the end each clan on the outlying coasts beyond the whale-road had to yield to him and begin to pay tribute.” Beowulf 10

The whale-road, sail road, whale’s way, swan-road, the kennings, Viking words for the sea.

A man known as Tommy Atkins, born not long after the second world war in a 1920s-built north London council house was born into a world of poverty, ignorance, an
ebook
Published April 22nd 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Vikings Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vikings Dawn

C.S. Woolley
From the title you expect a very different book to the one you actually get to read. Some may be disappointed if they have impulse bought on title alone, but on the whole this will not be true.
The writing style is easy to read and does not require a lot of effort to make sense of what is going on. It is conversational and really gives the feel that you are being read the story by a story teller whilst you are reading.

The character of Tommy is one that is easy to like, sympathise with, but he d
Elizabeth W
Feb 17, 2014 Elizabeth W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written with naturally rhythmic prose and a pleasantly nostalgic feel, Sons of Death is the story of one man with many names and an unquenchable thirst for change. The oddly likeable protagonist follows life wherever it takes him, regardless of his own safety and you can’t help but question whether you would have the courage to do the same and open yourself up to a world of exploration and adventure.

While the title makes sense once you have read the blurb and is certainly a clever play on words,
Flyonthewall86
Jul 20, 2014 Flyonthewall86 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this book as it was very different from the other books that Ernest Marlin has written. Instead of being set in a legal setting, this is a coming of age story that follows the life of a man that is constantly changing his name and his identity in order to escape the world of his childhood.

Following the man through the trials of living at sea to replacing a rich man's son in America who doesn't want to go to fight the war in Vietnam, this story really does see the life of
I’m a crime fiction Author, born 1947, spending much of my time untangling the stories in my head into tales of alienation and enchantment. I put my characters through hell, thinking of ways to intertwine my life encounters into their fictional lives.

My introduction to books was at the spritely age of 11, when my grandfather bought me William the Detective. It grabbed my attention and I have not c
More about Ernest Marlin...