Start by marking “Circle of Doors” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Circle of Doors

Ranse Parker

Circle of Doors

Many people claim to know truth, but is that truth harbored in the soul and weathered by trial, or merely a convenience of circumstance? Ethan Grey never had a reason to question his convictions until those tenuous anchors in ideology were shattered by tragedy, and confused by the strange arrival of a mysterious video journal. A quest for unlikely answers leads to astoundi ...more
Published February 27th 2007 by BookSurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Doors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Doors

Wendy
May 07, 2008 Wendy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a 'clean' thriller and not to picky about the writing.
currently reading. PRetty good so far. Will update
UPDATE: I finished the book, and I'm completely ambivalent. I think it is one of those books that some people will love and others will not like. I'm on the "probably would not have wasted my time" list. I can't say that I did not like it, but . . .well, here's my thing with the book. It was the author's first book, and he has alot of room for improvement. The over all concept of the book is fascinating. It ties in science, mythology, religion an
Lydia
Aug 21, 2008 Lydia rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me intrigued the whole time. An interesting combination of thriller, sci-fi, romance, and religion.

A brief into: A man is dealing with the death of his wife and daughter when he comes across a journal from the future. This journal describes a horrible event that he needs to stop from happening. Along the way he confronts his religious beliefs, works through his struggles since losing his family, and learns to trust his inner feelings.

One thing I really enjoy
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Sep 23, 2008 Lisa (Bookworm Lisa) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lisa by: my mother
This is a great book. Ethan Gray is a scientist who has lost his whole world with the death's of his wife and daughter. He becomes a recluse who lives a life of deep emotional pain. He gets an unexpected "thing" from the future that changes his life path. He learns for himself that there is a divine creator. He learns that he must take control of his life and come to grips with his past to save the future. It will be a catacalysmic event that will kill millions of people. It is up to him to save ...more
Amber
Sep 25, 2009 Amber rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read in over nine months. The story was interesting and the writing was pretty good, but I felt like the author kept shoving his point down my throat. A little more subtlety can go a long way. I agreed with a lot of the spirituality stuff, but I think the story would have been better without it. I might say it would be a good group discussion, but it was just too in-your-face to actually allow independent thought.
Jessica
Apr 03, 2008 Jessica marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
You know something, this book was really interesting with an unique premise, but I just wasn't interested in finishing it. The ending is obvious from the beginning, and I'm just not an adventure-story type person. If you liked the Da Vinci Code, or read a lot of Clive Cussler, you might enjoy this book more than I did.
Monterey
May 22, 2008 Monterey rated it liked it
this novel kept me engaged and some interesting ideas but for some reason left me unsatisfied. it had a good ending which is important to me and i would recommend it to others. it was kind of davinci code meets indiana jones. i never really cared much for the characters or felt the emotional moments very strongly. it was well written, only occasionaly did the writing interfere with the story.
Donna
Mar 11, 2009 Donna rated it it was ok
A Mormon writer (1st book) who tries to blend theology with fantasy. Writing style was awkward, must not have had a good editor because the book was filled with bad syntax and misspelled words and the characters were not well developed. I think this is my first and last book for this author.
Angie
Sep 30, 2008 Angie rated it did not like it
I only got about 150 pages into this book and gave up. I am getting to picky in my old age! It was ok, just not my cup of tea. The lady who recommended it to me read it in one day she loved it so much...so others may like it.
Destiny
Jun 01, 2008 Destiny rated it it was ok
I loved reading this book until it got a bit too religous for me being a "sci-fi" book. I don't mind the two mixed together, I've read others that have succesfully done it but I felt this one did not do that. It was a good book and I don't regret reading it, but not my favorite.
Amber
Sep 05, 2008 Amber rated it it was amazing
This book makes you think about life and why we are here and where we are going. You learn to appreciate what you have and who you love in life. This is a fun feel good story from a very wise man. Must read!
Annie
Jul 26, 2010 Annie rated it liked it
Slow beginning! It reminded me of the DaVinci Code.

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable recommending this to my 7th graders; I think it's a bit too religious for them. I know that this book is sponsored by Davis Reads. I wonder what grade level they are recommending?
Stepher
Mar 04, 2009 Stepher rated it did not like it
I give this one star only because if you actually make an effort to write a book you deserve something. View this 1 star rating more like a .01 star. The only positives I can offer: it has a semi-interesting cover and it did eventually and mercifully end.
Deanna
Aug 16, 2011 Deanna rated it really liked it
A very interesting read. A man takes a journey that encompasses all sorts of adventures, but interwoven is the man's spiritual journey from near atheist to a powerful faith in God.
Heather
Jun 15, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was kind of strange at first, but I soon was very involved in the story. It was excellent and I would recommend it to anybody!
Tally
Dec 01, 2010 Tally rated it it was ok
This had interesting parts, but definitely a beginning author. A lot of good ideas crammed into one book.
Rita
Jul 17, 2008 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much and would recommend it to anyone.

Thought provoking and intriquing.
Annie
Oct 09, 2009 Annie rated it liked it
Recommended to Annie by: annie.oswald@gmail.com
Not bad but not great. It was interesting but not tightly woven. It often felt contrived and too far fetched when it wasn't meant to be.
Robin
Apr 23, 2008 Robin marked it as to-read
He was at a book signing on Monday in the Orem Costco. I should have stopped to talk to him. This book sounds really intense.
Stacey
Jul 30, 2008 Stacey rated it liked it
Intriguing. Some parts dragged but then others were riveting. Kind of high-techie. Fun to think about if this technology will ever exist (or does it already?!)
Elynn
Nov 27, 2007 Elynn rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The meshing of religion and science fiction wasn't great in some parts but overall enjoyed the book. The ending fell a little for me.
Robyn
May 19, 2008 Robyn rated it did not like it
This book was poorly written, poorly edited and the story doesn't flow that well. I found myself putting it down again and again in disgust. I can't believe I actually finished it.
Jean
Jun 05, 2008 Jean rated it really liked it
Very interesting plot by a newcomer. A page turner with a lot of adventurous elements. Will look forward to new novels from Ranse Parker.
Ruth
Jun 23, 2008 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this book and then started it again.Good book. Made me think.
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
May 02, 2010
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2009
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2008
Katherine C
Katherine C rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2008
Lynette
Lynette rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011