Start by marking “Circle of Doors” as Want to Read:
Circle of Doors

Ranse Parker

Circle of Doors

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Many people claim to know truth, but is that truth harbored in the soul and weathered by trial, or merely a convenience of circumstance? Ethan Grey never had a reason to question his convictions until those tenuous anchors in ideology were shattered by tragedy, and confused by the strange arrival of a mysterious video journal. A quest for unlikely answers leads to astoundi ...more
Published February 27th 2007 by BookSurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Doors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Doors

Wendy
May 07, 2008 Wendy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a 'clean' thriller and not to picky about the writing.
currently reading. PRetty good so far. Will update
UPDATE: I finished the book, and I'm completely ambivalent. I think it is one of those books that some people will love and others will not like. I'm on the "probably would not have wasted my time" list. I can't say that I did not like it, but . . .well, here's my thing with the book. It was the author's first book, and he has alot of room for improvement. The over all concept of the book is fascinating. It ties in science, mythology, religion an
Lydia
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me intrigued the whole time. An interesting combination of thriller, sci-fi, romance, and religion.

A brief into: A man is dealing with the death of his wife and daughter when he comes across a journal from the future. This journal describes a horrible event that he needs to stop from happening. Along the way he confronts his religious beliefs, works through his struggles since losing his family, and learns to trust his inner feelings.

One thing I really enjoy
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Sep 23, 2008 Lisa (Bookworm Lisa) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisa by: my mother
This is a great book. Ethan Gray is a scientist who has lost his whole world with the death's of his wife and daughter. He becomes a recluse who lives a life of deep emotional pain. He gets an unexpected "thing" from the future that changes his life path. He learns for himself that there is a divine creator. He learns that he must take control of his life and come to grips with his past to save the future. It will be a catacalysmic event that will kill millions of people. It is up to him to save ...more
Amber
This is the first book I have read in over nine months. The story was interesting and the writing was pretty good, but I felt like the author kept shoving his point down my throat. A little more subtlety can go a long way. I agreed with a lot of the spirituality stuff, but I think the story would have been better without it. I might say it would be a good group discussion, but it was just too in-your-face to actually allow independent thought.
Monterey
this novel kept me engaged and some interesting ideas but for some reason left me unsatisfied. it had a good ending which is important to me and i would recommend it to others. it was kind of davinci code meets indiana jones. i never really cared much for the characters or felt the emotional moments very strongly. it was well written, only occasionaly did the writing interfere with the story.
Jessica
Apr 03, 2008 Jessica marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
You know something, this book was really interesting with an unique premise, but I just wasn't interested in finishing it. The ending is obvious from the beginning, and I'm just not an adventure-story type person. If you liked the Da Vinci Code, or read a lot of Clive Cussler, you might enjoy this book more than I did.
Donna
A Mormon writer (1st book) who tries to blend theology with fantasy. Writing style was awkward, must not have had a good editor because the book was filled with bad syntax and misspelled words and the characters were not well developed. I think this is my first and last book for this author.
Annie
Slow beginning! It reminded me of the DaVinci Code.

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable recommending this to my 7th graders; I think it's a bit too religious for them. I know that this book is sponsored by Davis Reads. I wonder what grade level they are recommending?
Destiny
I loved reading this book until it got a bit too religous for me being a "sci-fi" book. I don't mind the two mixed together, I've read others that have succesfully done it but I felt this one did not do that. It was a good book and I don't regret reading it, but not my favorite.
Stepher
I give this one star only because if you actually make an effort to write a book you deserve something. View this 1 star rating more like a .01 star. The only positives I can offer: it has a semi-interesting cover and it did eventually and mercifully end.
Angie
I only got about 150 pages into this book and gave up. I am getting to picky in my old age! It was ok, just not my cup of tea. The lady who recommended it to me read it in one day she loved it so much...so others may like it.
Amber
This book makes you think about life and why we are here and where we are going. You learn to appreciate what you have and who you love in life. This is a fun feel good story from a very wise man. Must read!
Deanna
A very interesting read. A man takes a journey that encompasses all sorts of adventures, but interwoven is the man's spiritual journey from near atheist to a powerful faith in God.
Robyn
This book was poorly written, poorly edited and the story doesn't flow that well. I found myself putting it down again and again in disgust. I can't believe I actually finished it.
Stacey
Intriguing. Some parts dragged but then others were riveting. Kind of high-techie. Fun to think about if this technology will ever exist (or does it already?!)
Heather
I loved this book. It was kind of strange at first, but I soon was very involved in the story. It was excellent and I would recommend it to anybody!
Jean
Very interesting plot by a newcomer. A page turner with a lot of adventurous elements. Will look forward to new novels from Ranse Parker.
Annie
Oct 09, 2009 Annie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Annie by: annie.oswald@gmail.com
Not bad but not great. It was interesting but not tightly woven. It often felt contrived and too far fetched when it wasn't meant to be.
Elynn
The meshing of religion and science fiction wasn't great in some parts but overall enjoyed the book. The ending fell a little for me.
Robin
Apr 23, 2008 Robin marked it as to-read
He was at a book signing on Monday in the Orem Costco. I should have stopped to talk to him. This book sounds really intense.
Tally
This had interesting parts, but definitely a beginning author. A lot of good ideas crammed into one book.
Rita
I enjoyed this book very much and would recommend it to anyone.

Thought provoking and intriquing.
Malinda
This was a fun book. It had some mystery, sadness, life lessons and romance all rolled into it.
Christine ten Bosch
OK plot. I had to skip a lot of emotional mumbo jumbo. I was just in the mood for action.
Valerie
A silly book that tries to incorporate principles from the LDS Church into its plot.
Ruth
I started this book and then started it again.Good book. Made me think.
Jeralyn lovell
Loved the adventure, love story, and chosing good over evil.
Auty
Disappointing with the religious content, otherwise a good story.
Jill
Good Sci-fi read so far. Interesting premise
Chris
Melanie's making me read it. It's interesting.
« previous 1 3 next »