Start by marking “A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)” as Want to Read:
A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)

A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)

An unopened gift. A broken vow. A tragic fire. Sometimes there are wounds that even time can't heal.

Max and Claire Beaumont seem to have the perfect marriage. They live in a beautiful home, have four wonderful children and everything else that success and money can buy. Yet beneath this picture-perfect exterior, Claire's life is falling apart. She can no longer hold her pe
Published January 8th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Mend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Mend

Lola
Jan 04, 2014 Lola rated it really liked it
This was too good. Couldn't put it down until it was finished. A lot of lessons in there. Made me think.
Jen
Jan 10, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book brought me to tears so many times.
Elaine
May 24, 2009 Elaine rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters and story of this book. I did not like that it had a ton of religion thrown in - if it wasn't in the last third of the book, I may have put it down and not finished to find out what happens.
Kimberly Lewis
May 16, 2008 Kimberly Lewis rated it it was ok
The message regarding marriage and how partners need to provide emotional safety was good. The vehicle was altogether way too sappy for my personal taste. I like my literature to unfold and I like to figure things out for myself. This one is preachy and is akin to being hit over the head with a frying pan. I am consoled by the fact that it was a gift, not something I picked out myself. If nothing else, it drives home my preference for character development and a compelling plot. Everything was ...more
Natasha  Briggs
Feb 09, 2014 Natasha Briggs rated it liked it
From the outside Max and Claire are living the perfect happy life with a great marriage. On the inside Claire feels like she has been swallowed whole. She is in search of a safe place as home doesn't feel the same to her anymore.

She goes on a life searching journey trying to rediscover who she is and where she came from.

This book tells you all about marriage and real life situations that people face everyday.
Vicki Lanzendorf
Dec 28, 2011 Vicki Lanzendorf rated it really liked it
Read this one quickly, due to sitting in hospital waiting room and being on vacation. Started second in series as soon as I finished this one! Makes one think about complacency and "settling" in a marriage and family.

Anita Scholtens
Feb 19, 2008 Anita Scholtens rated it it was ok
This was an ok book. I would not recommend it. It was about a couple and their midlife crisis. You know - man works and it is his life line and woman stays at home and feel neglected... blah blah blah - get a hobby.
Mcw
Apr 24, 2012 Mcw rated it it was amazing
At the end of the day, it was a good read. I usually love and devour all that Sally John writes, but this one was really sloooow to get through. The characters were all not likeable and I just couldn't get in to it at all.
Alora
Feb 13, 2016 Alora added it
Excellent book! I could relate at so many levels. This book explores topics that most Christians and most pastors don't want to touch. The Church has not done a good job of helping women in loveless and/or abusive marriages.

The book has a happy ending. However, not all marriages can be saved.
Rhodena Buck
Apr 06, 2014 Rhodena Buck rated it really liked it
Lots of lessons. Lots to think about. I took away a lot from all the books in this series. Should probably give it 5 stars.
Melissa
Mar 04, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
Husband and wife separate after many years of marriage. About learning how to mend a relationship with years of stored hurts.
Samantha
Aug 13, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it
This book contained a lot of religion in it, but it was pretty good! I kept wondering if the couple's marriage was going to get any better or if it was just going to completely fall down the drain.
Jan 17, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
This was a good book, very fast paced. The setting in southern CA was great, as I plan to move there over the summer.
Lynn Cutting
Apr 28, 2013 Lynn Cutting rated it really liked it
I read this because I like Karen Kingsbury and it was a good one. I can't wait to read the next one.
Jan 10, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Eerily similar to my own marriage. My hubby, like Max, is also a workaholic. Caught my interest enough that I'm starting book 2 tonight.
Stephanie
May 31, 2011 Stephanie rated it liked it
Novel about a middle aged couple's struggle to regain their marriage. I liked that it gave some attention to how submission has been misunderstood and mistaught in the church.
Tonya
Oct 17, 2013 Tonya rated it really liked it
Christian fiction that takes on some very common issues in marriage. A good thought provoking book.
Beverly Jones
Beverly Jones rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Janelle Larson
Janelle Larson rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2012
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Safe Harbor series / book one
Darice Jamison
Darice Jamison rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Josie Plummer
Josie Plummer rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Tammy Landy
Tammy Landy rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Sherry L. Hartman
Sherry L. Hartman rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2009
Suzanne Benner
Suzanne Benner rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2008
Lynnea
Lynnea rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Waiting for Daybreak
  • The Living End
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Gardenias for Breakfast
  • Reconstructing Natalie
  • Flies on the Butter
  • Tears in a Bottle
  • UNIX for Dummies
  • The Resurrection File (Chambers of Justice, #1)
  • Nothing But the Right Thing (Spirit and Soul #2)
  • Days & Hours (Rachael Flynn, #3)
  • Auto da Fay
  • Math Magic: The Human Calculator Shows How to Master Everyday Math Problems in Seconds
  • Eyes of Elisha
  • The Complete Humorous Sketches and Tales of Mark Twain
  • A Perfect Love (Heavenly Daze #4)
  • Hunting the Corrigan's Blood (Cadence Drake, #1)
  • The Kindly Ones
Sally John is the best-selling author of twenty novels, including the Side Roads series, the Safe Harbor series (coauthored with Gary Smalley), The Other Way Home series, The Beach House series, and In a Heartbeat series. A three-time finalist for the Christy Award, Sally writes contemporary stories that offer hope to readers in their own relational and faith journeys. She enjoys teaching writing ...more
More about Sally John...

Safe Harbor (3 books)
  • A Time to Gather  (Safe Harbor #2)
  • A Time to Surrender (Safe Harbor #3)