Start by marking “The Ultimate Ride: Get Fit, Get Fast, and Start Winning with the World's Top Cycling Coach” as Want to Read:

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
All the cycling world would love to know Lance Armstrong's training techniques and share in his incredible drive and personal will to win. Now, they-and any fan, reader, casual or dedicated cyclist-can learn all the invaluable training tips, state-of-the-art techniques, indispensable nutritional advice, and revelatory goal-setting and mental exercises that Lance and his pe ...more
Published June 23rd 2003 by Putnam Adult

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Ride

Nickel
Aug 16, 2008 Nickel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first time I read this book, I found it incredibly distracting that every single workout had a [TM] after it. Over and over again, [TM]'d seemingly silly things. It made me skim through the book and not really read it.

I recently re-read it and found it last distracting as I was prepared for the onslaught of [TM]s and could ignore them. The workouts are incredibly similar to the ones suggested in the Friel book. I think the nice points are detailed information about bike fitting and potential
Jason
Jul 17, 2007 Jason rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Mildly informative, but it's more or less just a marketing engine for CTS and another means for which Chris Charmichael can remind us that, yes, he does indeed know Lance Armstrong. ...big fucking deal.
Rick
Apr 19, 2008 Rick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking to do some serious road biking, this is your book - Both for motivation and actual training techniques.
Victoria
Learned a few things, but it wasn't s engaging as I hoped it would be.
Nov 27, 2007 Sarah added it
Shelves: bike-stuff
siricat gave me this book on a list of good books to read
Mike
May 30, 2008 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only professional riders
I enjoyed the first half of this book. But as you moved through the book, the techniques become overly complicated and less interesting. The only people that I could see benefiting are professional riders riding 20 or more hours a week.
Yauhen Patsel
Yauhen Patsel marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Nos
Nos marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Andrew Conant
Andrew Conant rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2016
Jenneka
Jenneka marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Karla Bledsoe
Karla Bledsoe rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Zane Marshall
Zane Marshall rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Clinton
Clinton rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Marc
Marc rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Mike Zamuel
Mike Zamuel rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Jaroslav Vašák
Jaroslav Vašák rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Brad Rankin
Brad Rankin rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2015
Joe
Joe rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Bob Mcintyre
Bob Mcintyre rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Jeffrey Litteral
Jeffrey Litteral rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Tyler E Toone
Tyler E Toone marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Ann Clarke
Ann Clarke rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Chris Carmichael was an Olympian and a professional cyclist before beginning his career as a coach, best-selling author, and entrepreneur. He has coached seven-time Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong since 1990, was recognized as the U.S. Olympic Committee Coach of the Year, and was inducted into the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame in 2003. For more information, please visit trainright.com. "
More about Chris Carmichael...