Start by marking “All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)” as Want to Read:
All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)

All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals #1)

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  3,556 Ratings  ·  504 Reviews
Deputy US Marshal Miro Jones has a reputation for being calm and collected under fire. These traits serve him well with his hotshot partner, Ian Doyle, the kind of guy who can start a fight in an empty room. In the past three years of their life-and-death job, they've gone from strangers to professional coworkers to devoted teammates and best friends. Miro’s cultivated ...more
Published July 4th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about All Kinds of Tied Down, please sign up.

Lara Don't forget the grunting, volatile temperament and affinity to wild beasts. ;)

Gigi
Re-read August 2015: I loved this even more the second time! The sequel CANNOT come soon enough!

As the vast majority of you reading this review already know, Mary Calmes is kind of THE shit when it comes to writing M/M romance novels. When she gets it wrong, it's a rare occasion and usually a minority group who think so, and when she gets is right, it is a wonder to behold for all lovers of the M/M romance genre. She gives her characters quirks and flaws, strengths and weaknesses, all in outstan
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Let me start by saying that if you're a big Calmes fan, you may love this book, and that's great. Mary Calmes has a certain formula that appeals to a lot of people, although it felt a little recycled and trite to me here.

We have the first-person POV (Miro's in this case); the best friend and partner who's straight/in the closet; the waiting and unrequited crush; the drama along the way (bad guys to catch, cases to solve); many secondary characters; and a cherry-topped ending.

The guys in All Kind
Emma Sea
Jul 09, 2014 Emma Sea rated it really liked it
In which Jory finally tops!

This was really, really weird.

In this iteration, Jory is a federal marshall and is tall and muscular. That's not the weird part. The weird part is that the story starts at 53%.

In gaming, quite often there are mini-missions before the actual missions, where you are allowed to get the hang of your controls before the story proper starts. Sometimes that's written as a training camp, or maybe a Non Player Character will walk you through a simple set of tasks: crawl here,
Rosa, really

I'm relieved to say....It didn't suck!

description

After reading some early comments by reviewers I was a little worried All Kinds of Tied Down was going to be another Floodgates, which I really, REALLY, did not enjoy. But it was so much better!

Yes, Miss Mary still has a coat fetish (but would she be Mary without it?), as well as other oddities, but there is a definite lack of the overusage of ex boyfriends and adorable small children. (view spoiler)

But I didn't love it. Maybe I'm just in a
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

I really wish I could review this one properly.....but alas I am on vacation and my internet connection is shit.

But here's why I loved it....

--the friends to lovers trope
--the dynamic between Miro and Ian
--the delicious sexual tension and chemistry
--the slow burn
--the underlying suspense/mystery
--the steam in the second half
--the intensity of the relationship between Miro and Ian

Maybe it was perfect timing but I really really loved this one!
Susan
Jul 04, 2014 Susan rated it liked it

Mary Calmes is my crack. I don't apologize for loving her stuff. Sure, it's formulaic, but once I embraced that fact, I realized theformula works for me. It's my comfort food. She's my mac-n-cheese of m/m romance.

The best parts of the Mary Calmes formula are the over-the-top characters who love each other fiercely (MINE! MINE! YOU. ARE. MINE!) and have really really hot bend-you-in-half sex, and guns...there are always guns.

The worst parts of the Mary Calmes formula are the myriad of si
Jenni Lea
Apr 01, 2016 Jenni Lea rated it it was amazing

4.5 big, happy satisfied stars

I loved it! I'm a true blue Mary Calmes addict. GIMME MORE!
Ana_P
description
This was pretty much me. I absolutely devoured this book. It was an entertaining, fast-paced read that I never really had any desire to put down at all.
description

These two were crazy, hard-assed U.S. Marshals who constantly leaped off balconies,
description
...were definitely not afraid to body slam a few criminals and get rough,
description
...and who sometimes went all-out, guns blazing.
description

And when these two eventually gave into their mutual attraction for one another? I don't even need to say it, but it was hawt.
Especially consi
Otila
Sep 01, 2015 Otila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This book was ridiculously entertaining!

There's shootouts...

Chasing bad guys off buildings...

Shit blowing up...

Hot smexin'...

And everything that makes a Mary Calmes book awesome like pies and peacoats and everybody and their mothers love and adore the MC, etc., etc. I loved it!

Thanks to Rosa and everyone who joined us on this BR!
Natasha
Mary Fuckin' Calmes.

You fabulous, crazy girl, you!

This is how I felt after reading "A Matter of Time 1 & 2". So high.

Because this was one wild fuckin' ride.

I get it. Trust me, I've made this same point to many people *cough* SheReadsALot, that MC is just SO EXTREME.

Okay. But get this. Come closer. Closer. Listen.

It's so campy, and now that I can finally sit back and appreciate it FOR its campiness... I'm all up in the hizouse. It took me some time, but here I am. Proud Calmes bat-shit-crazy
Ingela
Written January 1, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - Cozy feelgood romance in a prime good Ms. Mary Calmes style

So this went out to be my last finished romance 2014, an 9 hrs audiobook narrated by an old acquaintance by now; Mr. Tristan James. A GFY cop partners story. ~ A good last one!!

I wished for some amusing and sweet Mary Calmes M/M-time and I absolutely got just that.

If All Kinds of Tied Down had been my first book by her should I probably had loved it, happy-danced and raited it much higher. After
Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠

Have you ever had the feeling of unbridled joy from getting something you never knew you even wanted? Well, I experienced such a feeling while reading All Kinds of Tied Down.

You see, I have a serious, serious thing for Timothy Olyphant. And that thing is especially potent when Timothy Olyphant is being Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens in Justified.

Swoon.

I also have big love for the film The Silence of the Lambs.

No swoon for Hannibal the Cannibal.

So imagine me reading a book that has Deputy
Trisha Harrington
Um... I'm not sure what to say. I didn't love this as much as I wanted to. Maybe I'm just having an off day? Not sure. I'll probably read it again just to see, because Mary Calmes is still one of my go-to authors and I normally adore her books. This just didn't work for me right now.
SheReadsALot
How did this miss my purview? Hmm??

Of course I rectified this.

New Mary Calmes is a balm I never want to quit.

*claps* Let the Rapture commence!!!!

#TeamMaryCalmes
#FuckYes
#BookCrack&HappilySnorting
R * A Reader Obsessed *
*Update - 08/17/15*

In anticipation for Fit to be Tied, I listened to this to refresh my memory. I'm happy to say I haven't changed my mind one bit. It's Mary Calmes so there's always a little disbelief, but it was still hot and claiming and yummy fun. I love me an alpha and when there's two - even better. Miro and Ian are perfect for each other, and I can't wait to read more about them!

------------
This was my first Mary Calmes book and I'm quite impressed. At first it read like a buddy cop drame
BWT (Belen)
May 12, 2016 BWT (Belen) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Read 08/18/2014, 09, 10, 11, 12/2014

This is one of my favorite Mary Calmes books (oh, who am I kidding, almost all of her books are my "favorites"!) and I just love the relationship between Miro and Ian. It's a bit of a slow burn - but the payoff for that is huge.

description

The dominance and submission, without it actually being D/s, is H.O.T.

description

And the action, of which there is a lot, is really fun to read (or listen to).

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

UPDATED FOR AUDIO BOOK DEC 9, 2014, 01/2015, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08/2
.Lili.
Jul 05, 2015 .Lili. rated it really liked it
Recommended to .Lili. by: J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Shelves: m-m
 photo image.jpg1_zpskd8fks5f.jpg

All Kinds of Tied Down is one of those books that got lost in my iPad. Nothing was appealing me and Ms. Nookie recommend this one and I figured- why not. I'd already started and put down multiple books. Well, this one grabbed right from the start.

What I loved:
*The story is about two Deputy US Marshalls :D
*Best friends to lovers.
*Awesome banter.
*Great secondary characters.
*Fast paced story.
*A delicious slow burn.
*Sizzling steam once they got together.

What I could've done with less of:
*There was
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***4.5 Stars***

"Because then you'll know, whether we're in a car together transporting witnesses or if you're alone on the other side of the world, that you have a home with me."

Man, oh man...I loved Ian and Miro.

These were two, straight up (no pun intended) badass, alpha U.S. Marshals! WOW, what these two get into when they're together...

description

Straight Ian and Gay Miro have been partners and best friends for three years. They do everything together. And while they might not realize it, they are
MishyJo
I was not expecting to like this so much, but I really did. The romance reminded me a bit of Hot Head, but thank goodness it didn't take as long for the MCs to get together. Also, these guys got shot at way too often for the story to feel for real. Beyond that though, it was a great story with really good character development.
*Lynn*
Loved it! Loved Miro and Ian. Love this author. There has to be another Ian and Miro story right? Please!!! Totally ate this book up. I only stopped reading to take a short nap (all that damn BBQ food). But besides that, I was glued to this book. I seriously could read it all over again. <3
Joanita
Aug 30, 2016 Joanita rated it really liked it
My hunger for Ian Doyle’s company had gone from casual appreciation and friendship to a craving for the man himself that sat like a cold, hard stone in the pit of my stomach.

Deputy US Marshal Miro Jones has been partners with Ian Doyle for three years. He’s the calm and rational one who keeps the hot-headed Ian in line. Over the years they’ve gone from strangers to teammates who always has each other’s backs, and to best friends. And Miro has been secretly craving Ian, but because Ian is stra

Heller
Jul 04, 2014 Heller rated it really liked it
Call back book! All the more enjoyable because I wasn't expecting updates on characters from other series. Yay! It's Mary Calmes, so really, it's a given I was going to enjoy the hell out of it.
Susan
Oct 15, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buddy-read, mm
BR with Tara

God, how I love Mary's writing. All her characters are so intense, I love them all.

Both Marshals, Miro and Ian have been working together as partners for the last 3 years. Miro is convinced Ian is straight, even though he himself is out and proud.

When Miro starts to question if Ian is indeed as straight as he thought, he decides to take a chance.

It was almost scary to realize that if I was reading him right, if Ian wanted what it seemed like he might, then this would be the very las
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 04, 2014 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I took hold of my independence on this very fine Independence Day and devoured this book. Now, I am sad because it just went way to fast :( What am I supposed to do now?? I freaking loved it!! It was everything I hoped for and expect from Mary Calmes. L-O-V-E ♥&amp;Hearts;♥ These boys were an absolute dream to me. Their friendship, their partnership and eventually their relationship had me grinning like a fool all day long. This was just perfect for me and I want more now! I loved getting bits ...more
Jan
DNF @50%

This is one of those books where I wonder: Am I reading the same books as everyone else?

Or is it me? I guess IT IS ME because I've counted 13 friends who read it and I couldn't find a single bad review. So, don't take my opinion in consideration if you want to read this story.

My issues:
• I can take a 36 year old guy being in the closet, for whatever reason. I respect that. At least he knows what he likes: guys. He is deceiving others, but not himself. What I cannot believe is Ian, being
MLE
Sep 29, 2015 MLE marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
Why not?

All my friends are doing it, and my friends have never lead me astry.

Sara
This was everything. I loved the holy hell out of Miro and Ian. What a wild ride of angst, lust, romance, friendship, vulnerability and just literally everything.

I can't form a decent thought to properly review this. I simply adored it and during a stressful time in my daily life, this was exactly what I needed.

GAH! I am going to go twirl full of happiness down the hallway of my building because that's how this book made me feel. Happay. So veray happay.
Bitchie the Birthday Girl
Aug 04, 2014 Bitchie the Birthday Girl rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2014-reads
Initial thoughts - best I've read from this author in ages! Loads of fun. Full review to come.

Ok, now! I really enjoyed this story. Yes, it had some Calmes mainstays, the buff unattainable straight guy and the best friend who loves him, the gaggle of women friends who all just adore the MC, crazy shit going awry on police (in this case Marshal) cases. But it also had enough to make it different for me. For one, Miro was not your typical Jory-esque twinkish, happy go lucky character that had men
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
This was very enjoyable. It does have some typical Mary Calmes tropes, but her books are like my crack. I have to keep coming back. I adored Ian and Miro together long before their relationship turned to romance. I LOVED catching glimpses of Sam Kage. This is a must read if you are a fan of the A Matter of Time series.
Irina

As much as I loved the narrator, Tristan James, the plot was a bit of a disappointment for me. Whether it was my mood or a story itself, I'm not sure. But I was bored.

Dreamspinner Press: All Kinds of Tied Down by Mary Calmes 1 17 Jul 09, 2014 09:53PM
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf #3)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Here Comes Trouble (Nothing Special, #3)
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
  • Hostile Ground
  • Point of No Return (Turning Point, #1)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, ...more
More about Mary Calmes...

Marshals (3 books)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)

“I’ve got you,” he whispered into my ear. It went both ways.” 9 likes
“He took a breath. “I think there’s a reason I’m shitty in bed.” I felt myself frowning, unhappy with him running himself down. “Which is?” “I think it’s ’cause I’ve never been in bed with you.” 6 likes