Start by marking “The Perilous Postman” as Want to Read:
The Perilous Postman

The Perilous Postman

Do you ever wonder where your granny is? Maybe she just popped out to the shops, or is she at home baking a nice almond cake?

What if she has been picked upside down, shoved into a postbag and posted off against her will? Who though, would do such a thing? What menacing menace could gaffer tape a granny and send her to a foreign land, without a second thought for her budgi
Published April 24th 2014 by Ghostly Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Perilous Postman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perilous Postman

Dan. Thompson
Ben Gavan does such a wonderful job with The Perilous Postman. A mystery novel for children, it follows the residents of Big Wig as Granny after Granny are kidnapped only to be discovered days later in a foreign country - that they'd been posted! Danny is on a mission; not only to pay for his dream bike, but to discover who's been posting the Granny's of Big Wig!

The prose are colourful, playful and completely refreshing. Part humour, part satirical,I lapped this brilliant story up. I found Danny
Neil Trigger
Jun 05, 2014 Neil Trigger rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence, this book had me hooked. I loved the idea of a granny being shoved slipper end first into a post box and the language used in this book makes everything so much fun.

I describe this book as a murder mystery for kids but without the murder. Is cartoony in its language and the excellent illustrations certainly add to this feel. It's a wonderful book.
Justin Vingoe
Justin Vingoe rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015

“He had hair that would terrify a comb and his face was one big scowl with a nose, two eyes and two ears seemingly added on as an after-thought.” 0 likes