Start by marking “Bewitching Boots (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Bewitching Boots (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #7)

Bewitching Boots (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #7)

Jessie is thrilled when she finds Bill Warren, an old fashioned shoemaker, and he agrees to come back to Renaissance Village with her. She’s not so thrilled when claims to have elf magic, and he falls for Princess Isabelle. The dancing slippers Bill makes for Isabelle make him a suspect when the princess takes a leap from the castle terrace. Now, Jessie must find the lady ...more
Published July 29th 2014 by J. Lavene

Nora-adrienne
Feb 25, 2015 Nora-adrienne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-cozy
My partner and I are both huge fans of the Renascence Fairs. When our kids were small we'd take them every year to the one held in Tuxedo NY. We've even attended the one that is held in late summer/fall up near Cape Cod.

Jessie is an amazing character who is still learning about her gift (which she appears to not believe in)and is always surprised when she has premonitions or visions. Bill the newest character is an amazing cobbler whose gift of elfin magic makes all the footwear he makes give t
Rhonda
Aug 08, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I like Renaissance Faire Mystery series I have only read three of them before Bewitching Boots. I saw this was coming out soon so I was looking for other ebooks in the series I had. I could not find Treacherous Toys on my kindle on my nook. I looked in pdf's on my computer going crazy because I know I had read it that the author had sent it to me. Then I remembered oh I actually had received a book in the mail.

I was looking at buying this I had forgotten I had signed up for my blog to r
Andrea Guy
Bewitching Boots is book 7 in the Renaissance Faire Mystery series. I absolutely love this series and I really need to go back and read some of the earlier books. I've only read the one prior to this and it was fantastic.

If you've been to a Renfest, you'll feel right at home at the Village and the cast of characters is super quirky. I love the Cobbler, Bill, who takes center stage in this book because of the slippers he made for Princess Isabelle who dies shortly after receiving them.

There are a
Aug 05, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Great Series!!

This book is the 8th book in the A Renaissance Faire Series and it is just as good if not better than the other books. This book can actually be read as a standalone, but of course it is best if you read the other books in the series. Jessie is now running the museum at the Renaissance Village which is located in Myrtle Beach, SC. She has recruited a new shoemaker to come live and work in the Village. Princess Isabella comes in to get a new pair of shoes made especially for her by
LORI CASWELL
Aug 16, 2014 LORI CASWELL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Jessie Morton is thrilled when she finds Bill Warren, an old fashioned shoemaker, and he agrees to come back to Renaissance Faire Village with her. She’s not so thrilled when claims to have elf magic, and he falls for Princess Isabelle. The dancing slippers Bill makes for Isabelle make him a suspect when the princess takes a leap from the castle terrace. Now, Jessie must find the lady or lord who helped the princess with her last dance before she loses her star attraction.

Dollycas’s Thoughts

Do y
Paula Ratcliffe
Beverly
Aug 05, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest: even though this is one of my favorite series, I'm rather behind on the books. I'm behind on all my favorite series. For the last few years (yes, years) I've been concentrating on reading elementary level books. I'm an elementary librarian with 3 book clubs. Love my job. Love the books I read for it, but I do miss my favorites.

Bewitching Boots is volume 8 in the series. However, you can easily read Bewitching Boots as stand alone read. (Though I highly recommend that you rea
Michelle
Aug 05, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Bewitching Boots, A Renaissance Faire Mystery by Joyce and Jim Lavene
Bewitching Books is a fantastic fun read. I don’t normally read books like this but have read the whole series and loved each book. Joyce and Jim Lavene write with such humor, I appreciate their clean style and funny characters that come to life. Chase and Jessie continue their adventures at the Renaissance Village this time with Bill the cobbler with Elf magic. Cobbler as in shoemaker and not pies. Bill decides to give up hi
Linda
Jul 24, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries, 2014-read
This story picks up about a year after Chase and Jessie's wedding in Murderous Matrimony. Jessie has recently recruited an old-fashioned cobbler (shoemaker), Bill Warren, for the village, and is also featuring him as an attraction in her museum until his shoppe is ready. When Princess Isabella comes to visit and view his wares, she instantly requests him to make her a special pair of slippers. Bill appears to be quite taken with the flirtatious Princess Isabella, and Jessie is concerned about ...more
Melina
Aug 05, 2014 Melina rated it it was amazing

I think I would really love to visit the Renaissance Village, it sounds like a very intriguing and interesting place. Dodging the resident, mischievous ghost would be a problem, though. I really enjoyed this cozy. It kept my attention from the very beginning and it kept me guessing, I had no idea who the killer was, and I really like that in a cozy. The writing, as always with Jim and Joyce, was excellent and made this a very easy read. Jessie is a very determined sleuth, she will try to clear h
Tess
Jul 26, 2014 Tess rated it it was amazing
Once again, Jim and Joyce Lavene have a hit on their hands. Bewitching Boots is #7 in the Renaissance Faire series. I know that Jim and Joyce are big fans of Renaissance Faires and I imagine that they do a lot of their research there. The characters in the series have grown so much since the 1st book came out. It's almost hard to believe that Lady Jessie has finally married. With the addition of new characters, this is a series that I will never tire of.
HUZZAH

FTC Full Disclosure - A copy of th
Kathy
Feb 26, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I really love this fun Renassiance Faire mystery series! The characters are fun and quirky, and the setting makes for a different approach to everything. In this one, Jessie and Chase have been married for a year when Princess Isabelle falls to her death after the newest member of the community makes her a pair of shoes, using his "elf magic." But is it really his fault? And who is the new knight that Chase has to train how to joust, and is she a threat to his marriage?
Fermentum
Jul 21, 2014 Fermentum rated it really liked it
Bewitching Boots by Joyce and Jim Lavene
This book can be read as a stand alone book, even though it is #7 in the series! There are appealing characters and it is a really good light mystery to relax with. I couldn’t put it down. This book caught my attention right away and it has a great cover and title. The story itself did not disappoint either. I really enjoyed it, from start to finish.
Nancy Wolfe
Sep 11, 2014 Nancy Wolfe rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Bewitching Boots (Renaissance Faire Mystery Book 8) by Joyce and Jim Lavene in exchange for an honest review. This book is every bit as good as the others in the series. I love reading about the Renaissance Fair Village. The bits of paranormal that occurred in the last two installments I believe have only added to this charming cozy mystery series.

This story begins after Chase and Jessie’s wedding in Murderous Matrimony. Jessie Morton is ecstatic when she finds Bill Warren,
Bea
I enjoy going to Ren Faires so a cozy mystery set at one caught my attention. I've read Lavene before but not any of the books in this series. That wasn't a problem though, the book worked well as a stand-alone. I wasn't prepared for the book to be a paranormal cozy mystery; I have a love/hate relationship with those. Most I've read didn't work for me; either the paranormal aspect doesn't work or the cozy mystery aspect falls apart. Happily, that wasn't the case here.

The new cobbler at the Faire
LuAnn
Aug 15, 2014 LuAnn rated it really liked it
I've been to Scarborough Renaissance Faire in Waxahachie, TX, a couple of times, but could not conceive of a place where the staff live it every day. That is the first nice surprise in this latest installment of Joyce and Jim Lavene's Renaissance Faire Mysteries, entitled, "Bewitching Boots".

The shop's name refers to the handmade works of art by the cobbler (no, not apple or cherry...a funny running gag) Bill Warren. He claims they are made with the help of his 'elf magic'. You can almost hear J
Christina
Jan 07, 2015 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I have followed this series from the very beginning, and I love it! I am a little disappointed in how the series has changed to become more of a paranormal mystery. Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy those aspects as well, but if our protagonist is going to become more involved with magic, ghosts and discover her own "powers" then she needs to own it and not be half in - half out.

*Possible Spoilers* (but not really)

She knows that magic is real - she is living in a magically enhanced apartment, has s
Dharia Scarab
Dec 27, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Robin Leslie Coxon
Aug 26, 2014 Robin Leslie Coxon rated it it was amazing
Joyce and Jim Lavene continue their series of Renaissance Faire activity. The introduction of Bill the cobbler aka shoemaker with "elf magic" adds a new avenue to the character list. Lady Jessie continues to provide us with amusement as she experiences the continued vision of Wands's Ghost. When Princess Isabella is found dead in the garden under her balcony, it is a mystery as to who make have killed her. Add to the mix of Detective Amond into the investigation and you will find you are unable ...more
Betty
Dec 07, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
Cobbler At The Faire

A visit to the Renaissance Faire finds Jessie opening an exhibit at the Arts Museum by a cobbler. He meets Princess Isabella and makes slippers for her. She is later found dead and Jessie is afraid for her cobbler. Chase is busy handling all the problems of the Faire and training new knights. There is a lot of paranormal activity in the book but not as much in MURDEROUS MATRIMONY. Rumors are saying that Chase and Jessie are having marital problems. Will they breakup?
Cheryl
Nov 14, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than #6 which introduced magic and ghosts to the story. The series has changed to less of examples of what a Reaissance faire is to more of a ghost/spirit story. In this book Jessie finds a shoemaker who has magic so that the shoes he makes an make people leap, dance and jump. He falls for the faire's princess and makes her shoes. When she is found dead, Jessie has to prove he didn't do it.
Tessa O'Donnell
Apr 23, 2016 Tessa O'Donnell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
Another fun romp at the Renaissance Faire

Jessie and Chase solve another murder mystery at the faire with humor and despite all the interesting characters getting in their way. Detective Diamond is his usual annoying self and Wanda creates havoc. I so enjoy my escapes into this unique world. The addition of Bill the “Cobbler" (that’s a shoemaker, not a dessert), brings another element of magic to the Village. This series never disappoints.
Gretchen
Oct 22, 2014 Gretchen rated it really liked it
This series is one of my favorites. The main characters work at a permanent Renaissance Faire in Myrtle Beach. This one involves a new crafter, a cobbler, who claims to have elf magic in his family. The princess is murdered, and Jessie and Chase have to find the killer.
Rosa Davila
Sep 09, 2014 Rosa Davila rated it really liked it
Joyce and Jim did it again. Another great book in the renaissance series. A great read and I found myself alongside Jessie and Chase, seeing what they were seeing. I was easily transported to the Renaissance Faire where I found myself wanting to live.
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Theresa Marie
Theresa Marie rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Joyce Lavene
Joyce Lavene rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Tim Fraker
Tim Fraker rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Madlynne
Madlynne rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2015
Deborah Morgan
Deborah Morgan rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)
  • An Unhappy Medium (A Family Fortune Mystery #4)
  • Never Say Pie (A Pie Shop Mystery #2)
  • The Skeleton Garden: (Potting Shed Mystery, #4)
  • Flamenco, Flan, and Fatalities
  • Cinnamon Toasted (Spice Shop Mystery #3)
  • Small Town Spin (A Headlines in High Heels Mystery, #3)
  • Clouds in My Coffee
  • Granny Skewers A Scoundrel (Fuchsia, Minnesota, #3)
  • Bridges Burned (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #3)
  • Sex, Lies, and Snickerdoodles (Working Stiffs Mystery, #2)
  • Mrs. Kaplan and the Matzoh Ball of Death (A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery #1)
  • Limoncello Yellow (Franki Amato, #1)
  • Threads of Evidence (Mainely Needlepoint, #2)
  • Sweet Pepper Hero (Sweet Pepper Fire Brigade Mystery #4)
  • A Bead in the Hand (Glass Bead Mystery Series Book 2)
  • Oh Say Can You Fudge (Candy-Coated, #3)
  • The Stitching Hour (Embroidery Mystery, #9)
aka Elyssa Henry and Joye Ames, J.J. Cook, and Ellie Grant

Joyce Lavene and Jim Lavene are a wife and husband team who have written and published more than 70 books since 1999. They live in North Carolina with their family and enjoy cooking, photography and ghost hunting.
More about Joyce Lavene...

A Renaissance Faire Mystery (8 books)
  • Wicked Weaves (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #1)
  • Ghastly Glass (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #2)
  • Deadly Daggers (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #3)
  • Harrowing Hats (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #4)
  • Treacherous Toys (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #5)
  • Murderous Matrimony (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #6)
  • Fatal Fairies (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #8)

“now. We should know something” 0 likes