Start by marking “Mail-Order Bride” as Want to Read:
Mail-Order Bride

Mail-Order Bride

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A POTENT ELIXIR

Caroline Myers had been eighteen when she'd discovered how potent her great-grandfather's recipe for "tea" was. So, when her two maiden aunts suggested a vacation to Alaska, Caroline was certain they'd overindulged in the family brew. Why go now - especially after she'd just been jilted by her erstwhile fiance?

But Caroline didn't know that her well-meaning r
Paperback
Published May 29th 2014 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Mail-Order Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mail-Order Bride

Julianne
Ya' gotta love Debbie Macomber! This book was written in 1987, but re-issued recently as part of Small Town Christmas, a double book which includes this story and one other.

Caroline's two elderly aunts like to indulge in their father's special "tea". One day as they were a bit tipsy from the "tea", they got to worrying about Caroline, and cooked up a scheme "to make her happy". Their idea of happiness may differ from hers, but no matter. So they tricked her into taking an autumn vacation to Ala
Jacqueline
A quick fun read. Fairly unrealistic but not too out there to impair my enjoyment. Their feelings developed very fast, especially on the part of the hero who was in love within 2 or 3 days. I liked the stuff about the native people of Alaska. It was a little glimpse into what their lives were like. This book would really have been much better with about 100 more pages.
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Caroline Myers has been dumped by her fiancé. Her well-meaning aunts plan a trip to the Alaskan wilderness supposedly to help Caroline cheer up and move on. But to Caroline’s surprise, her family targeted Alaska after reading an article stating that Paul Trevor, of Alaska, was looking for a bride. Caroline might have been upset over the scheme, but when she looks Paul in the eyes the surrounding snow melted.

With the stunning background of Alaska, Macomber has once ag
Robin
Caroline Myers is depressed after being left at the alter by her fiance. So her matchmaking aunts decide to secretly answer an ad for a mail-order bride on her behalf. A few short weeks later, her aunts decide to send her on a "vacation" to Alaska, where she will meet her "guide", Paul Trevor. Not knowing what she is getting into and drinking a thermos of her aunt's home-brewed "tea", Caroline soon finds herself very drunk and very married to Paul.

Cute story, if unbelievable premise. My rating:
Sam
This lacks development and is not believable for a story written for our current time. Disappointing.
Yekaterina
After a terrible break up and some moping, Caroline is given a trip to Alaska- paid for by her aunts. Caroline goes and finds herself in the middle if a ceremony. Upon waking up the next morning, she learns she's married to Paul Trevor.
The story of Caroline and Paul is old-fashioned and cute. I enjoyed its unique plot and characters, also setting. I think it's one of my top Debbie M books.
Cassie ♥
4 1/2 Stars!
I may have read this one many years ago. I re-read it this evening in a couple of hours. It's now been re-issued. I think it was as good in 2012 as it was in the 80's. That's saying something!!
Deidre
I really enjoyed reading this - it is a short read and one of her older books - but new to me =) it reminds me of her Midnight Sons books that I really loved.
Shea
Although the story line was predictable the characters were charming and I enjoyed the wild Alaskan setting. It was a very sweet and romantic read.
Mandy Dake
Reading this book out of Small Town Christmas. It was cute and a quick 2 hour read, but it all felt too rushed.
Mary
Loved this book. A little different then most mail order brides that I've read but very good!
Dorothy
As always Macomber books are a joy to read. I read this in one day.
Alice
Storyline was a little weak, but fast, enjoyable read.
Tina
Good, solid romance story. Would recommend.
Norma Smith
Norma Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Nov 19, 2014
Nesha
Nesha marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Julia Davis
Julia Davis marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Sheri
Sheri added it
Oct 31, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Delta Marrs
Delta Marrs marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Tera
Tera marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Kbanks
Kbanks added it
Oct 01, 2014
Gerilyn Beazer
Gerilyn Beazer marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • Sex, Lies & Hot Tubs
  • Love Storm
  • Whispers from the Heart
  • Celebrity Bride
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • Lone Star Christmas (includes: Hawk's Way, #11 & Long, Tall Texans, #18))
  • Dead on Arrival (Pauline Sokol, #6)
  • A Sweet Life Boxed Set (Fourteen Contemporary Romances by Bestselling Authors to Benefit Diabetes Research)
  • Hide 'N Seek
  • Rachel
  • A Catered Romance
  • Kissed by Moonlight (Wild Hunt, #1)
  • Beyond Tomorrow
  • Beach Bar Baby and the Plus-One Agreement
  • Love Finds You in North Pole, Alaska
  • Loving the CEO
  • A Christmas for Katie: A Christmas Families of Honor Novella (Families of Honor #3.5)
  • Rapunzel

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)