Start by marking “Operation Tree Roper: An Eye Above” as Want to Read:
Operation Tree Roper: An Eye Above

Operation Tree Roper: An Eye Above

Twelve-year-old Declan Parker was born with only one eye, but all he seems to have trouble seeing in proper perspective is himself. All he wants is for kids to see him as normal before he starts a new school in the fall. To that end, he sets out to make money helping with his dad’s tree care business.

Unfortunately, when his dad lands in the hospital after a climbing accide
ebook
Published October 7th 2014 by Anaiah Press

To ask other readers questions about Operation Tree Roper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Tree Roper

DoRena
Oct 09, 2014 DoRena rated it it was amazing
This was a delight to read. I was hooked from the start, and didn't want to put it down. The characters are warm and real, and the story is engaging. I enjoyed getting to know Declan and his friends and family, and, though the story has a satisfying ending, was left wanting more. The descriptions of tree roping gave me an appreciation for the details of the craft, but while remaining engaging and not at all dry or long winded. I especially loved the humor throughout the story.
Kathryn Svendsen
Oct 17, 2014 Kathryn Svendsen rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, adventure
Operation Tree Roper was an excellent adventure story for preteen children about Declan, a preteen with only one eye whose father is in the tree care business. When his father ends up in the hospital after a climbing accident, Declan is determined to help save his father’s business and his last opportunity for a surgery that in his mind will help other kids see him as normal before he starts a new school in the fall.

Declan learns a lot about himself and others in this story. The author does an e
Akoss
Nov 02, 2014 Akoss rated it liked it
I was lucky to be born with a complete set of body parts. I will never know what it feels like to be missing an eye like Declan the main character in this book. However, thanks to his story I have gained so much empathy for people in his situation or any similar situation. This is one of the beauties of books and reading books.

I loved how Declan grew from the beginning of the story to the end. How he turned from being so selfish and often times self centered to a completely selfless boy. Unfortu
Rick Stuckwisch
Nov 05, 2014 Rick Stuckwisch rated it really liked it
This is a solid, well written story, thoughtful and down to earth. Especially strong in it's integration of tree trimming with the development of the realistic characters, their relationships and interactions, and the story line. Let's hope for more from this new author. Of course, we enjoyed the book all the more, know Rob well, but, as my older daughter also expressed, this is simply good writing. From our "insider" perspective, we know that Rob has written of things that he knows and ...more
Angela Caldwell
Sep 12, 2014 Angela Caldwell rated it it was amazing
I was blessed to obtain a copy of Operation Tree Roper from the publisher before it's release on Oct 7th. An I could not be more pleased with the debut author Robert Polk's story. Except I want more! It's a wonderful story that will touch hearts young and old. The characters were real and fluid. I've been subjected to a lot of MG books because of my son. But right away I knew this one was very different. I urge you to get this for your kiddo or for yourself. I think everyone can learn something ...more
Becky Villareal
Dec 20, 2014 Becky Villareal rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by Robert Polk's Operation Tree Roper: An Eye Above.
The characters ring true and mesh well together and Polk's writing is clear and enjoyable. Each chapter begins with a definitions of the different components of working on trees. This was not only enjoyable but educational as well. I would like to see more of these characters in additional stories.
Carrie Dalby
Dec 15, 2014 Carrie Dalby rated it really liked it
Great read. Interesting storyline and characters.
Emily Moore
Emily Moore rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Brooke DeLucia
Brooke DeLucia rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2014
Shari
Shari rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Kelsey Empfield
Kelsey Empfield rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Bridget Peck
Bridget Peck rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
My Book Addiction and More MBA
My Book Addiction and More MBA rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Joanne Krieg
Joanne Krieg rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Joni
Joni rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Maggie C.
Maggie C. marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Linda Brendle
Linda Brendle marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Brooks Benjamin
Brooks Benjamin marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Emily Ungar
Emily Ungar marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Dorisa Polk
Dorisa Polk marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Christy Jay
Christy Jay marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Melinda Dozier
Melinda Dozier marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Noreen Walker
Noreen Walker marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Missi Iasillo
Missi Iasillo marked it as to-read
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Erika Burton
Erika Burton marked it as to-read
Rochelle
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Sonia Poynter
Sonia Poynter marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
David Josph
David Josph marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Karen Grobien
Karen Grobien marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Heidi Landskroener
Heidi Landskroener marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Nathan Jindra
Nathan Jindra marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Morgan Echtenkamp
Morgan Echtenkamp marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Beth Clarke
Beth Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
A stay home father of seven and former school counselor and teacher, Robert Polk lives in western Nebraska where he writes, climbs trees with a chainsaw, and homeschools his children. Although he doesn't like to fold laundry, and his home looks very "lived in", he'll settle for mess as long as the kids get what they need.
More about Robert Polk...