Start by marking “The Dress I'll Wear to the Party” as Want to Read:
The Dress I'll Wear to the Party

The Dress I'll Wear to the Party

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Any child old enough to talk can join in reading this rhythmic, rebus-filled rhyme out loud.
Published April 25th 1995 by Mulberry Books (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Dress I'll Wear to the Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dress I'll Wear to the Party

Eva Kelly
This book is like that song "And A Partridge In A Pear Tree," because it starts out with just a dress but then they keep adding things to it and before you know it, they have all this STUFF! It sure is exhausting!
And it turns out all that stuff was her mama's anyway, so she had to wear something else. What a waste of time!
Kathryn Brewer
This story is great to use for sequencing and repetition with students. The story has rhyming and restates what has already been said on the pages before. It is also a fun story that young kids may like. Also the students can predict what the next page will say.
Kayla
Excellent for learning readers. Fun because it takes you through playing dress up.
Maria
This book would be great for a read aloud because it is very repetitive.
Judy
Nice repetitive book about dressing up very cute read
Taylor Darst
A cute book to read. Constantly builds on each line through out the story.
Samantha Weatherford
This book has simple clear illustrations, and has pictures in place of some of the words. It is great to teach sequencing or prediction because each page adds one more piece to the little girl's wardrobe until she has an entire outfit. It teaches the words also because all of the words are the same except for the clothing pieces. These words are in pictures so they can learn to read the words independantly using their picture knowledge and words cues. K-1st grade level, very simple.
Audra
Is it just me - this book wasn't that great? The repetitiveness kinda drove me nuts while reading it to my daughters. They didn't seem too impressed. The little girl playing dress-up was cute, but some of the pictures were hard for my kids to make out. And the mom in the end looked mean, at the daughter borrowing her things. It was ok, but glad we checked it out at the library.
Steph
Jan 14, 2009 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Steph by: my preschool teachers
I feel like a huge part of my life is in this book. It's an adorable, short book. It's childish now, but it's still cute and a classic.
Megan Staten
This book builds upon itself in each line. The illustrations are really cute
Macy Morrison
somewhat predictable but cute book.
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
WCNS
WCNS marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Ashley
Ashley added it
Mar 16, 2015
Small Wonders
Small Wonders marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Janna C
Janna C marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
I Love
I Love marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Emily Raup
Emily Raup marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
The Jacket I Wear in the Snow The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's I'm Taking a Trip on My Train We're Making Breakfast for Mother I'm Not Feeling Well Today