Start by marking “The Bridesmaids ~ Inside the Privileged World of Grace Kelly and Six Intimate Friends” as Want to Read:

The New York Times bestseller! The Bridesmaids is an intimate, intriguing look at movie star and princess Grace Kelly, as seen through the eyes of six of her closest friends, the bridesmaids she chose for her wedding to Prince Rainier of Monaco. HC: Weidenfield & Nicholson.
Published August 1st 1989 by Pocket Books (first published 1989)

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridesmaids ~ Inside the Privileged World of Grace Kelly and Six Intimate Friends

Mary
Dec 03, 2010 Mary rated it liked it
The subject material was good, but the author wrote mostly about herself instead of Grace Kelly. It seemed she was more taken with the fact that she herself was one of the Bridesmaids and therefore went on and on about her own life. I found it somewhat offensive.
Alice
Mar 03, 2015 Alice rated it really liked it
I searched for a book about Monaco that was neither about Grace Kelly nor a murder mystery/adventure, to no avail. I really didn't want to read a celebrity rich-and-famous smooch fest. And, luckily, this wasn't. Yes, there were famous people's names sprinkled liberally throughout - the mostly the author relates what was happening to American white women of her generation and could have been true for lots of people. She obviously never sees herself as being any different than anyone else - just ...more
Lisa
Aug 06, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Grace Kelly was staying very busy in Hollywood and had won an Academy Award in 1954 for best actress for "The Country Girl" only a few years into her career. When she went to Monaco in 1954 to film "To Catch A Thief" for Alfred Hitchcock, she was introduced to Prince Rainier of Monaco briefly. Later on, the two began corresponding and became engaged in 1955, marrying in April 1956. Grace had to give up her acting career since she was expected to do the usual "royalty chores" such as chairing ...more
SueAnn
Dec 09, 2009 SueAnn rated it it was amazing
I read the edition of this book that was titled Grace Kelly and Six Intimate Friends: The Bridesmaids by Judith Balaban Quine. And I enjoyed it so much that I wrote my own index to it because there were so many intriguing people and events that sometimes I wanted to reread certain parts and had to know what page to turn back to.
Kelsey Johnson
Nov 30, 2011 Kelsey Johnson rated it really liked it
I've read this before, but after learning it was no longer in print, I found it at a used bookstore and bought it! Such a good look into the wedding of Princess Grace and who she was before the wedding.
Martha
Aug 27, 2015 Martha rated it liked it
interesting look back at " the good old days ". read at ed and diane pascoe's yard in fogelsville penn
Karen Jones
I realized after I started this that I'm not interested in Grace Kelly's bridesmaids and that the author had only a superficial relationship with her. I couldn't finish.
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2009
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2012
Clare K. R.
Clare K. R. rated it did not like it
Nov 08, 2016
Jennie
Jennie rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2016
Toni
Toni rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2011
Barbara Samsel
Barbara Samsel rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2014
Judith
Judith rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2008
Dinah Lee
Dinah Lee rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Summer Douglass
Summer Douglass rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Ree
Apr 23, 2015 Ree rated it really liked it
Interesting insight on the private life of Grace Kelly.
Geri
Geri rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Wendy Equitz
Wendy Equitz rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
A.M.
A.M. rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Leeleewells
Leeleewells rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2016
Amanda Martin
Amanda Martin rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Karenna
Karenna rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Katie Coates
Katie Coates rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2009
Barbs
Barbs rated it liked it
May 16, 2011
Shirley
Shirley rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2011
Marilyn Echolls
Marilyn Echolls rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Ashleigh Timchenko
Ashleigh Timchenko rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016