Start by marking “Trapped (Randall Shane #2)” as Want to Read:
Trapped  (Randall Shane #2)

Trapped (Randall Shane #2)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  25 reviews
"Mom, I need your help. Please call-" That's it. The call cuts off in midsentence. No static. Nothing.

Just an overwhelming silence.

Long Island single mom Jane Hartley is frantic when her sixteen-year-old daughter, Kelly, a survivor of childhood leukemia, disappears from her bedroom one night. To Jane's frustration, the police believe that Kelly ran off willingly with her b...more
Published October 16th 2007 by Mira (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped

Nick Brett
The point of a thriller is to, well, thrill. And this one doesn't really. Sold as a bit of a Harlan Coben story, where a girl goes missing and the more we read, the more gets peeled away. Or not in this case.

16 year old goes missing and frantic mother brings in an ex-FBI investigator to help her. She seems to be mixed up with a bunch of dodgy Native Americans. Can thet find her in time? etc etc.

Utterly underwhelming with no clever plot twists or reveals. You keep waiting for something clever to...more
Ina

Can you trust your own daughter?

Jane is a single mom to her 16 year old daughter. They have an open relationship. At least it's what she thinks... But one day when Jane is stuck in the traffic she sees a guy on a motorbike drive by with a girl and that girl looks very familiar. To her horror she realizes it's her own daughter, Kelly. Jane gets disappointed and worried 'cause her daughter has never told her anything about that guy. Her daughter survived cancer as a kid and that's why Jane thinks...more
I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a great fan of American (or any other nationality) 'thriller' novels which I would class this. It was ok. It was an enjoyable story but I want more from a book than that. I want to finish a book left thinking about the story, the atmosphere, the characters. To me this was the equivalent of an action movie which aren't my favourite types of films. There were some police, FBI, baddies, goodies, guns, explosions all in the space of a few days.

It was...more
Mischelle
I really like this story! I really liked listening to it! I like how the story was read by two people. A woman and a man.

My first time hearing about the main character Randall Shane. A guy I would not mind meeting if I he was real. Mr. Shane helps a desperate mother find her missing 16 year old daughter. The police do not seem to care about the mother so her only hope is Shane.

A lot of twists and turns but everything works out.

Leslie
This was an ok book....It looks interesting from the cover though as that is what grabbed my attn first. The book was only ok though - alot of extra things inclded that I didnt feel were necessary to the story line and only drew out the ending more. I have his other book "Taken" and will read that as well.... but not anything to stay up later reading and certainly took me much longer then I thought it would to finish....
Marca
Fairly interesting plot. Mom's angst over missing girl sometimes becomes boring, but the Mom character is more restrained than in many novels, so not too bad. Mom helps search for girl with former FBI agent. However, Mom generally follows his advice and doesn't blaze around him thinking she knows better than everyone else, which I like. I'd read another by author.
Janice Baldwin
This book starts out with the really interesting plot: a girl and a guy have been kidnapped for reasons unknown. The hunt has lots of twists and turns. But without revealing the end, for me the story fizzled out. Tbe ending was blah and what had seemed to be important is actually not.
Mblaineeichin
I would actually give this 3 and a half stars, as I found it compelling, even though the story was far fetched. I found the Florida stuff very intersting - just a quick vacation type read - worth it, I thought.
Grace
This is the second book in the Randall Shane series. I actually liked this better than the first book (Torn). It was easy to read and the characters were described very well so that you could empathise with them.
Kristin
This is the usual thriller book that you can buy at Wallgreens for $3. I liked this book because it's an easy read when I can't sleep at night. I have 3 pages left! Read it if you want cheezy-ness in your life!
Cindy
Aug 28, 2014 Cindy added it
Read 50 pages and didn't like this book
Brooke
First murder mystery I've read in a while, and it did not disappoint. Strong characters, strong storyline, and an interesting setting, as well as a very interesting pyschopath.
Juta
I confess. I only got 25 pages into this before I decided that the writing was so bad that I had no interest in finding out where the plot was going.
Rach
Dec 27, 2013 Rach marked it as could-not-finish
couldn't get into this, didn't get my pulse racing
Mike Balsom
Amazing how Chris Jordan writes from the perspective of a mother trying to save her kidnapped daughter. Wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did.
Pauline
3rd book by this author and all have only been an ok read.Keep expecting them to get better but think I will give up now.
T.M. Carper
I still liked "Taken" better, but "Trapped" was still very good. It drags in some spots, but overall is a good suspense read.
Shannon Clark
2nd book of Chris Jordan's Randall Shane mysteries. Great way to pass a Sunday afternoon.
Charli
Awesome book, kept me captivated to the very end. I just couldn't put it down.
Roxxi Zimmerman
Feb 17, 2013 Roxxi Zimmerman rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Suspense Lovers
Gripping and perfect every page turn. I read it in two hours, I was so hooked.
Lisa Lemus

How do these books get published??
Rhonda
I just could not get into the story line.
Amy
A fairly decent whodunit, a bit unbelievable.
Susan
Held my attention but was not memorable.
Gail
OK. Wouldn't read again.
Catherine Browne
Catherine Browne marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Jessica Mcelveen
Jessica Mcelveen marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Error on Jacket 1 7 Oct 13, 2009 05:18PM
Aka Rodman Philbrick, William R. Dantz, W.R. Philbrick

Rodman Philbrick is an outstanding author who has won the prestigious American Library Association Best Book for Young Adults and Quick Pick Awards. Freak the Mighty has been made into a Hollywood film.

Librarian Note: There are several authors in the GoodReads database with this name.

Artist/Photographer Chris Jordan
Pastor Chris Jordan

More about Chris Jordan...
Taken (Randall Shane, #1) Torn   (Randall Shane #3) Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane #4) Thriller e-bundel 4-in-1