A Mother's Story

A Mother's Story

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The new autobiography by country music superstar Tim McGraw's mother, Betty Trimble, is a compelling account of her triumph over illegitimate teenage pregnancy, spousal abuse, extreme poverty and life-threatening cancer. In simple, moving prose, Trimble recounts a life of astonishing pain.
Published June 28th 1996 by D'Agostino/Dahlhauser/Ditmore Pub. (first published June 1996)

Marleen
Nov 11, 2008 Marleen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marleen by: Teddi
Tim McGraw is my all time favorite singer. You will say what are the odds of someone living in Belgium, where country music is non existing, becoming a Tim McGraw fan? Well, I love the USA. I spent time there as a 19 year old student and I have loved that country since then. Over the years I travelled there, visiting friends and they introduced me to Country Music. I was hooked! It was like I found home: this music suits me. Tim McGraw quickly became my favorite singer and I became a member of t...more
Michele
Finally able to get my hands on a copy of this book.

Most Tim McGraw fans know the story of how he found his birth certificate at age 11 and discovered that the man who raised him was not his father. But in this book his mom talks very candidly about their humble beginnings; her abusive relationship and the early beginnings of Tim's career and introduction to his dad, Tug McGraw.
Alesha Walker
The story is extremely gripping and sad. It is also a story of overcoming the odds and triumphing. The writing itself isn't the best - but that is ignored due to the quality of the story.
Gena
Since I'm a huge Tim McGraw fan I absolutely loved this book! But even if your not a big fan it's a great story!
Tara
Interesting. This is the story of Tim McGraw's mother. How she met Tug, and life after Tim was born.
Heather Lowther
Heather Lowther marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Cindy Fannin
Cindy Fannin marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014