Start by marking “Swede: A Country Boy's Story” as Want to Read:
Swede: A Country Boy's Story

Swede: A Country Boy's Story

Changes in our lives from one day to the next are most often subtle and unnoticed. Yet change occurs and we are molded over time from youth to adulthood.
The period of years spanning the Great Depression of the 1930's through World War II during the first half of the decade of the 1940's is an era perhaps like no other.
The subject of this book, a young farm boy, lived a s
Published March 25th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Swede, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swede

Sheri
Jun 05, 2015 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

Loved reading this book. Reminded me of stories my father would tell us about his life. Loved how it felt as if you were in the room being told the story face to face. Enjoyable!!
Kim
May 27, 2009 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As stated in the title this is the story of Swen, a boy raised in a rural Northeastern Minnesota farm.
The book is written in the first person. Swen narrates the action his memories and anecdotes –in essence his story. One poignant example is how Swen had to deal with the farm’s cats and all their kittens. Swede: A Country Boy's Story chronicles the events of every day farm life and how it changed through time.
Swen was used to live his simple life, familiar only with his home and his community.
PhyllisMagnone
PhyllisMagnone rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2016
Arielle Williams
Arielle Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015