Start by marking “Cover Me (True North, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cover Me (True North, #1)

Cover Me (True North #1)

Derek Bast, always has the final say. In business and in his personal life, things are done his way, or not at all. So when a scathing review of his new band is published in The Scene and has his record producer second guessing his artistic choices, his band mate trying to call the shots, and Bast’s manager convinced he’s impossible to work with, it’s time to hunt down the ...more
ebook
Published June 23rd 2014 (first published June 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Cover Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover Me

Mariℓina
Aug 21, 2014 Mariℓina rated it liked it
A nice story filled with new beginnings old grudges and trust issues, cute and simple .
Derek and Bess find their True North!

So the story is about childhood friends Derek and Bess. They are best friends since infants and Bess harborder a huge crush at first and then fell deeply in love with Derek.

Their relationship will change dramatically when something Derek unintetionally does will drive a wedge between them. Bess can not trust him anymore.

Fast forward 9 years later, Derek is a music idol and
Raj
Aug 23, 2014 Raj rated it did not like it
56% DNF

The novel started okay, quite exciting to see them banter but then they ended up sucking face, then she left his house.... They met again, did the same thing, then got into an argument then she left again...

I wanted to drop this at 30% but kept on reading coz the story might peak up but around 56% I just got too bored so I dropped it.
Fiona
Jun 24, 2014 Fiona rated it it was amazing
4.5 'True North' stars.

What an awesome read! I practically devoured this book and now I have an hour to get some sleep before I have to be up for work! Will expand my review once I get some proper rest and make sure I don't get fired for sleeping on the job lol
Diane
Jul 11, 2014 Diane rated it it was ok
It's not as bad as a 2 star review would seem, I wanted to give it 2-3, but a few things bugged me! I almost stopped reading when I got to the words "Marti Gras" - any beta reader or half decent editor would have caught this! There's a few typos and little slips, those I can forgive! I imagine self publishing is tough business. I liked the story for the most part, but she drove me a little crazy with the "I can't tell you what you did wrong, you have to figure it out" there's gotta be a way to ...more
Jessi
Aug 06, 2014 Jessi rated it liked it
I really don't know how to review this book since I'm not a fan of giving bad reviews especially by a new author.

All I'll say is that this author shows great promise. I really did like this book but the editing errors annoyed the crap out of me. As for the story itself it was great and made me laugh and want to cry in a few places. The other part that bothered me was the maturity level of Derek and Bess. For their age and profession I just couldn't understand how they could both be so immature.
Cathey
Aug 29, 2014 Cathey rated it liked it
There are two minor issues I had with this book. 1) While I only once had a severe case of "I-don't -think-that's-the-word-you-wanted," I repeatedly had a case of grammar-itis. There were repeated instances of missing quotation marks. It was at times confusing and interrupted the flow.

2) Bess's sister was right. Derek can't read her mind. Bess made him try to guess what was wrong. That part dragged on a little too long. However, I wouldn't have cut any scenes, so maybe the solution is to clue in
Tracey
Sep 08, 2014 Tracey rated it it was amazing
Derek Bast is a rock god. The former lead singer of Generic Obsession, he's set to make some new music as part of Unholy Union. Until the review. THAT review. The one written by Bess Halprin, Derek's former friend and neighbor. But this isn't the same Bess that used to listen to his music from her bedroom window. No, this is another Bess altogether, one that is all grown up, ready to let the world know just what she thinks of Derek Bast.

I really enjoyed COVER ME. I'm always a fan of books with r
Jasmine Roman
Jun 30, 2014 Jasmine Roman rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
I got this book to give my honest review and my honest review is this book is freaking amazing it blew me away. It made me laugh, sad, and hot that's my kind of book. It had a mystery you try to figure out why Bess was so mad at Derek since senior year in high school. He wants all of Bess but she's terrified for some reason and I'll tell you, you will think you know why but you have no idea. They were best friends since kids but when you become teenagers things change when one is popular and the ...more
Chanpreet
Sep 20, 2014 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
Shelves: readathon-2014
I loved the concept of this book and knew the moment I read the blurb I wanted to read it. I love a story where there's a little animosity between the leads and the characters have known each other for a long time. The book started off great but then took some turns that left me a little confused, but I'll expound on them in a little bit.

I liked Bess and Derek for the most part. There were a few moments where I wasn't sure of it was them or the plot that had me in a quandary. There was a lot of
Ronda
Sep 12, 2014 Ronda rated it really liked it
Gifted Copy

When I first started this one I really didn't think it was going to be one that really grab me, boy was I wrong. So many emotions with this read. It took me a few chapters to really be pulled in the story plot. This being said I'm pretty picky when it comes to books I chose to read. The book is very well written and there is not much of a down time with the book. So much goes on in this read that your keep on the edge just waiting to know what happens next.

You have two very strong h
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Jul 21, 2014 Tracy Lundy-Munn rated it it was amazing
Loved...Loved...Loved this book. The was my first Carrie Elliott book and it was fantastic. The storyline was solid and well written. The book had lots of twists and turns that kept me hooked from page one. The characters were well developed and well thoughtout. They all fit perfect for the storyline. The chemistry between Bess & Derek was breathtaking. Love a great second chance romance book were the characters rediscovered what they loss and this one was perfect!!
CrazyDaisy
Sep 08, 2014 CrazyDaisy rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
3.5 Stars

The storyline was great. The editing needs to be beefed up because took away from the story. The characters were also not my favorites. A little too immature and I couldn't connect with them.

The author, however, shows great promise as a writer and I can only see her improving with her next book.
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review

This was a 3.5 star read for me.

It was a sweet romance with a few steamy moments, I felt at times that thi could be developed a little more.

This is the authors has promise and you can see that in her writing.

Lets see what the next book brings
Morilyn
Loved the mc, Derek, who bent over backwards to woo the love of his life; equally hated the other mc, Bess, who had issues with Derek but refused to tell him what they were! She created her own problems but expected him to solve them of his own accord so that she could trust him. Miraculously there was a hea, but by then, for me, it was really too late.
Jennifer Koon
it was pretty good, the author is coming out with book two and I would read it as well, rate 3.5 stars

Sonia
Jul 13, 2014 Sonia rated it really liked it
Nice story about two childhood friends that find their way back to each other. Well written. The supporting friend/assistant Karen was hilarious. The families were funny too. Easy read.
Charlie Lane
Sep 18, 2014 Charlie Lane rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and really wanted to see where the story took me. I ended up reading it in all one sitting.
Kristi Davis
Kristi Davis rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2014
krista
krista rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Bridgett Hoover
Bridgett Hoover rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Silvenus Karanja
Silvenus Karanja rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Jennifer Macleod
Jennifer Macleod rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
Alleza Santos
Alleza Santos rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2014
Hannah Wilson
Hannah Wilson rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Sandra Conte
Sandra Conte rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Racheal
Racheal rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Marcy
Marcy rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
  • Rock My Heart (Scarlet Fever, #1)
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • High Strung (Power Station, #1)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo #1)
  • Rock into Me (Rule Breaker, #1)
  • Bad Boy vs Millionaire (Bad Boy Rock Star, #2)
  • Escaping Me (Shaft on Tour, #1)
  • Unexpected (Unexpected, #1)
  • Rockstar Romance Boxed Set
  • Body Rock: The Complete Series (Body Rock, #1-4)
  • Rock Star's Angel
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Exclusive Interview (Rock Arrangement, #1; The Lonely Kings, #1.1)
  • Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)
  • Saving Abel (Rocker, #1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • Toxic (Addiction, #1)

True North (2 books)
  • Listen to Me (True North #2)