Start by marking “A Bridge To Love” as Want to Read:
A Bridge To Love

A Bridge To Love

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  1,200 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Kate Chilton thought she had it all. But shortly after her husband's sudden death, she discovers a letter from another woman: his mistress.
Furious at his betrayal, Kate decides that-crazy as it seems-seducing handsome Randall Johnson is the perfect way to put the past behind her. One steamy date with the playboy millionaire, and she will get on with her life. But Randall
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published August 5th 2003 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Bridge To Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bridge To Love

Give Me Books
Jun 21, 2016 Give Me Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hi, can we talk about Kate Chilton, and how much I loved her? Because I did, an awful lot. Let's check off her attributes, shall we? She's a wonderful, single mother (she shames me, LOL), a widow and a freakin’ engineer. She was strong when she needed to be, totally brilliant, and rightfully heartbroken when her world tilted on its axis. Oh, and she was sassy. I do love a strong, sassy woman.

I love them in much the same way I love a cocky, arrogant asshole. Which is basically what Randall Johns
Cyndi Hackett
Jul 02, 2014 Cyndi Hackett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really started off reading this book feeling like "Wow this is one of the best romance stories i have read in a long time"> It had everything I liked, love, desire, sexy rich alpha male and betrayal. It was describing Kate, and widower that was trying to recovery from the lies of her dead husband while also finding herself. A cool best friend, and my favorite cute adorable kids. But somehow by the end of the book it just dropped off for me. I was so excited about getting to the final closin ...more
Lisa Kay
★★★★☆ Liked this one even more than the first of this author's books I read yesterday. Definitely will read more of her work. Fast read, enjoyable. Nice pace.
Holly
May 05, 2014 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I'm a fan! What a good story, start to finish. The characters were well developed. The story had interesting and exciting twists and turns, a good romance and plenty of steam.
Linda
Jul 04, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't like a good HEA (Happily Ever After) story? I do and I enjoyed reading Nancy Herkness' book, A Bridge to Love. (Once I finished the book, I really liked the title she chose too.) In this book widowed single mother, Kate Chilton discovers a secret that her late husband kept and she resolves to seek revenge by having an uncomplicated one night stand. That doesn't go over well with Randall Johnson. The story line is very believable and the characters are well developed. I kept reading s ...more
Janeiowa
Feb 22, 2015 Janeiowa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read with a heroine who is a structural engineer from MIT. I liked the "different from the usual" occupations for her and her intelligence and wit.

I'll look for more from Ms Herkness.

Stacey Timmons
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down! I love nearly every character in this book but especially Patrick and Clay! They were such adorable young men and I just wanted to squeeze them tight!

Kate's world is turned upside down by discovering her dead Husband's infidelity and that he left her with no financial safety net! She starts to build her life back up again for her and her boys!
She decides to have a one night stand with none other than Randall Johnson!
Randall is a hot, arrog
Frédérique
Jan 07, 2017 Frédérique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: playboy, k-u-read
Good read

Well written, strong characters , well drawn by author. Engaging storyline. Loved that the author kept out at the usuals storyline involving a rich H and struggling widow with money problems.
Cynthia
Feb 17, 2015 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally loved this story it has everything I could ask for in a romance, what made it for me was the passion the author put into this store of love, desire, sexy alpha male, a strong women and betrayal. Then when I found out it was the author’s debut novel that just made it even better. Not very often do you find the first book by an author and LOVE IT. For me this was a wonderful hot mess with tons of passion, thrills and excitement. When I finished this book I went to sleep with a smile on m ...more
Kathy West
Good story

This was a good story. It took me some time to get into it but I'm happy I waited it out.
Karen Laird
Jul 02, 2015 Karen Laird rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I was invited to read the first novel in one of Nancy’s new series’ here recently and fell in love with her and her style of writing. Although she is a little outside of my normal staid, literary brand of book that I have fallen into reading and reviewing in the last few months, I found her work to be a breath of fresh air. Stop. Let’s correct that. Her work tends to make me catch my breath at the most in-opportune moments and take my breath away, sigh, like coming up for air.
When I saw this new
This was a nice, light read.

What I enjoyed:
1) The dual povs, written in the third person.
2) This is a story of two mature adults, one in her 30s and the other in his 40s. I enjoyed the maturity that their age lent to the story. They weren't characters who acted like they were teens. They had responsibilities and people who depended on them.
3) The h's sons are just so precious.
4) The h. I found her reactions and thoughts to be so sincere and realistic, with the exception of her plan to seduce
Martha
May 04, 2014 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally fun story and pure escapism. Instead of questioning the implausibility of (some) of the circumstances, I willing suspended my disbelief and laughed throughout the story. The witty dialogue when they first met, set the tone for me.

Randall Johnson, self-made multi-millionaire, met Kate Chilton, at the alumni party for Princeton graduates. Though Kate did not attend Princeton, her best friend, Georgia, did. Georgia "dragged her" to the party hoping Kate might meet someone. Georgia thinks i
Erica
May 06, 2014 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it was a little different from other books I read. For one, The age of the main character is not in her early twenties and the guy is not young either.

Kate is a widow with two boys to raise on her own. a year after her husband dies her world really starts crashing down. And she wants revenge and takes it with Randall, this sexy Texan CEO with an agenda of revenge of his own. When Kate tells Randall he is only a one night stand, well he cannot stand that. And it only ma
Lyuda
May 16, 2014 Lyuda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Kate always thought she had a wonderful and satisfying marriage. She never regretted that she left her passion in engineering behind to be a homestay mom, raising two boys, and making good home for her husband David. It all came crushing down when, after David’s death, she discovered that he had an affair. Hurt and angry, she wanted revenge even though the man was dead. And who is a better choice to have a fling with than a rich playboy Randall. Randall Johnson clawed his way up the ladder of su ...more
Jamie Casey
I enjoyed this book. I liked Kate's story. I sure am glad that she didn't end up with Oliver. Gross. I liked reading about Randall but I didn't understand why it was necessary for her to have to call him Randall Johnsen? How many Randall's did she know? Never Randy, just always Randall Johnsen.
I respected that he understood how important her sons were to Kate. He never imposed or tried to guilt her into adult time.
I especially liked that he went to Kate when he was so very low and depressed. I
Jyoti Achameesing
May 09, 2014 Jyoti Achameesing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous read ! Great story with lovely personalities Kate and Randall. Kate meets Randall at a picnic. They are instantly attracted however Kate resists his advances. She makes a move towards him only after finding out that her deceased husband had been unfaithful. Randall is smitten and seizes every opportunity to get close to Kate. He wins the admiration of Kate's sons and is at ease within the family. Kate falls in love with Randall and the feelings are reciprocated by Randall. Kate as a b ...more
Black Butterfly
May 05, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: romance
WOW! WHAT A GREAT BOOK. WELL WRITTEN SUCH A GOOD STORY LINE READ LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE. IT HAD SUPER HOTTT SEX SCENES BUT IT HAD AN ACTUAL STORY LINE, NOT JUST ONE LONG F*CKFEST, THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF EVERYTHING. THIS PROMISED TO BE A SIZZLING ROMANCE IT WAS THAT AND MUCH MORE, I LOVED IT. THE CHARACTERS WERE WONDERFUL KATE & RANDALL WERE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER, IF ONLY THEY WOULD QUIT PUSHING EACH OTHER AWAY. WHEN TWO ALPHA'S GET TOGETHER IT'S LIKE AN ELECTRICAL STORM A WHOLE LOT OF SPARKS FL ...more
Katie
May 05, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I thought it was a pretty good book but there were sometimes places where I felt like this was the 2nd book in the series or there was a prequel I missed. Something about the murdered wife of one of the police officer... I was like what is going on...? Either it was setup for another book or... I don't know.

Oliver's personality shift was weird to say the least and I don't know why she never told Randall about what he did because Randall would have beat Oliver up.

Also there were other un
Cynthia
Jan 31, 2016 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books by this author and ultimately made my way back to her debut novel. Clearly she has been an exceptional romantic storyteller from the start. If you enjoy distressed, wronged woman meets handsome, rich man who sweeps her off her feet stories..... this is one of the better ones. Kate is a widow who learns her husband was unfaithful to her but she learns this after his death. In her grief she sets out to even the score in an unusual way that puts her in the path of Randall, ...more
Mary Hartshorn
May 07, 2014 Mary Hartshorn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well written story about a widowed mother of 2 finding love again. You can feel Kate's pain as she finds out that people closest to her have been lying for awhile. I was very pleasantly surprised considering this is not about some young woman who captures and keeps the eye of a young millionaire/billionaire, but of a woman who has experienced life's trials and errors and makes the most of it ultimately finding happiness.

i recommend this book and look forward to reading more of Ms. He
Katiria Nunez
Good... but...

I very much enjoyed the story and the characters however, it was difficult for me to maintain the floor of the story since there was not enough space between paragraphs to designate either the thoughts of another person or the start of a new day.
The story would continue much like this review and I would have to re read often in order to understand what change/transition had occurred.
VERGIE MONTGOMERY
Great romance without all the angst

Liked the whole premise of the book. It was the typical girl meets boy (in this case woman /widow with kids and past baggage meets man, another pleasant surprise), don't like each other much, fall for each other, happily ever after. However, the angst was not drawn out ad nauseam and it even had some action thrown in near the end. An all round good read. Intend to read it again!
Beverly
Aug 12, 2015 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious

A Bridge To Love is an absolutely delicious read! The story is fast paced and flat out steamy hot! I loved the several jaw dropping moments; I certainly wasn't expecting them! Randall and Kate are a perfect match for each other. They compliment each other perfectly! I thoroughly enjoyed reading A Bridge To Love and was sorry when I reached the end! Well done Nancy Her knees!
Mum
Jan 24, 2013 Mum rated it liked it
Parts of the book were really good, but some pieces were not well-plotted. The dialogue suffered whenever the sons were part of the story. For as "apple-pie" as the heroine was, there was no hint in her personality to trigger the explosive sex scenes, or her easy embrace of danger one minute and her fear of flying the next. The writing and editing were generally done well-enough to not get in the way of the story.
Connie
Sep 05, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very nice story

Randall is a powerful CEO who does not get tired for to any woman. Kate is a widower that means Randall Perry much by accident... She accepts his offer for dinner but only because she is looking for a quick one night stand, that is Randalls style..except maybe this time he is intrigued by Kate... great story, read it!!
Julia
Aug 15, 2014 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction, dropbox
The plot is little uneven, but the book still has other strengths. I liked the main character's career and passion. I think Jennifer Crusie has done a better job of divorced women or widows starting over, but the inclusion of kids was well done here. Still, the whole "fall in live with a billionaire" deal wasn't given a new spin, still pretty cliche.
Sheri
Dec 02, 2015 Sheri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
B.o.r.in.g

Sorry,but Kate couldn't have been more dull. You never really felt the chemistry between Kate & Randall, and far too much time was spent on mundane distractions that did nothing to advance the story. The chase at the end was laughable, and frankly I wasn't sorry for the book to end.
Carmen
May 09, 2014 Carmen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was woven together expertly and I enjoyed it very much. There were some formatting issues with the Kindle edition that I read. I had to imagine section breaks where there were none. Also a few typos. But this will likely find itself in my rotation of books that I re-read. I'll check out anything by this author in the future.
Tami Urbanek
3.5.. a cute story of second chances and learnin to let go of what you cant control...its scary when u realize some things you never get your "why?" question answered! I love how he was there to help and support her when her son was injured but understood her need for independence! overall a good read
  • Petty Cash
  • Hannah's Vow
  • My Sweet Valentine (The Pride, #6)
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • Cart Before the Horse
  • Amazon Lily
  • Wrangled (Rustled #2)
  • Hearts of Clover: Half My Heart & Change My Heart (Clover #1-2)
  • Beyond the Waves (Pacific Shores #1)
  • Handle with Care
  • Always With You
  • Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1)
  • Second Chances (Boxed Set)
  • Winter Interlude (California Series, #1)
  • Lust (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • On Ice
  • Accidentally Yours
  • By Honor Bound
Nancy Herkness is the author of the award-winning Whisper Horse series, published by Montlake Romance, as well as several other contemporary romance novels. She is a two-time nominee for the Romance Writers of America’s RITA® award. Her new series, Wager of Hearts, follows the romantic adventures of three very wealthy men who make a life-changing bet.

Nancy is a member of Romance Writers of Americ
More about Nancy Herkness...

“Even memory is not necessary for love. There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.” —Thornton Wilder, The Bridge of San Luis Rey” 0 likes
“her a “gal” one more time, Kate Chilton was going to pour her ice cold beer over his patronizing blond head. “What does a gal like you want with an engineering degree from M.I.T.?” Kate gritted her teeth and kept her beer under control. So Cliff hadn't been staring at her chest for the usual reasons. He had been reading her name tag. And since” 0 likes