Start by marking “Apocalypse Later: A guide to the end of the world by Nice Mr Death” as Want to Read:
Apocalypse Later: A guide to the end of the world by Nice Mr Death

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Apocalypse Later: A guide to the end of the world by Nice Mr Death

As seen on TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zr9o...

This book will change your afterlife!

Tired of TV Evangelists? Confused by charlatans? From Atheism to Zoroastrianism, Nice Mr Death lifts the lid on the end of the world.

The end of the world is nigh(1), but there are myriad different religions, each of which has a different End Time. So God has sent Nice Mr Death to hel
Kindle Edition, 2, 112 pages
Published May 23rd 2014 by Terra Supra Ltd (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Apocalypse Later, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apocalypse Later

David Savage
Jan 01, 2014 David Savage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Apocalypse Later by Nice Mr Death (AKA Mark Speed) is a book about the end of the world and the afterlife as seen in different religions and cults from around the world.

While I am in no way religious and do not believe in End of the World theories, and there do seem to be quite a few lately, I had no interest in reading this book. As I just looked at the front cover and decided that it would be another boring book preaching about religion, God and how you should live your life. I guess there is
Tyneisha
May 07, 2014 Tyneisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book was awesome! I recommend it to anyone who loves to laugh whether they are religious or not. Mark Speed has written a witty, smart, and very humorous guide to the afterlife according different religions from the point of view of "Mr. Nice Death". It was so refreshing to learn something new while having a few laughs as well. After reading it I passed it to my hubby and he loved it as much if not more than I did! Truly the best little book I've read in a long time, so much so that I ...more
Silvia T.
Jan 17, 2015 Silvia T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
"Apocalypse Later" is a book about "the end of the world" and the many options we have to live a happily ever after-death. The book, written by "Nice Mr. Death" (aka Mark Speed) talks about many different religions and how each one views and predicts the end of the world. From the Mayans and Aztecs, to the Zoroastrians, Islamists, and Christians, with centaur Demi-gods with silver bodies and alien civilization visiting earth... this book is highly informative.

I must say that I was a bit skeptic
Joseph Toth
Sep 20, 2014 Joseph Toth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Joseph by: Mark Speed
The author of this book was kind enough to send me a copy, and I am very grateful he did. I wasn’t too sure what to expect prior to diving in head first but what I found was a witty, informative and concise look into various religions that have come and gone or lasted through the ages. The author (as Nice Mr.Death) gives you information on the founding of the religion, current (approximate) numbers of followers, fascinatingly important tidbits on various historical figures associated with that ...more
Douglas Trueman
Jul 29, 2014 Douglas Trueman rated it it was amazing
I always thought that Apocalypse Now, and Heart of Darkness, the Joseph Conrad novel that inspired it, didn't deserve the excessive praise they received. Sure, they're considered classics by many, but they're also rather bland.

Not so, Apocalypse Later. I haven't met Nice Mr. Death, though I'm sure I will one day. This book isn't a novel, it's a well-researched, tongue-in-cheek analysis of Earth's various religions. I particularly liked the discussion on Scientology, including the lifelike drawin
Erin
Feb 17, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I had a great time reading this book. Not only was it informative, I laughed at all of the religions, including mine. Each religion has its own chapter and is very well thought out. I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book and am very grateful that I did. It was such a change from the usual "end of the world" books that are out there. It was very informative on each religions belief as to what the end of the world is to them. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a ...more
A.F. Firebird
Jul 25, 2014 A.F. Firebird rated it really liked it
Never before I seen a more comprehensive guide to the "end of time" possibilities. All neatly organised in tables with comparable variables for each religion. Thanks Mark for doing the spade work! I just hope this does not fall into the wrong hands. It's powerful information for anyone thinking of setting up a new religion with a more attractive "end time" scenario.
Marilyn
Mar 23, 2015 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Very humorous book. But also filled with lots of interesting, historical information. Mark Speed is one smart cookie/writer. I enjoyed this book. It is a quick read. The drawings are fun. My favorite part...we are made up of star dust.
Len
Jan 07, 2015 Len rated it really liked it
Fun, clever analysis of the 'pros and cons' of various religions views, including atheism. Witty, and demonstrates more than a passing knowledge of the subject matter. Recommended for those with thick skin.
Ulybug Mac
Jul 23, 2014 Ulybug Mac rated it it was amazing
This is hilarious and also gives an excellent overview of all major religions. (PS If you're thinking of becoming religious, Islam is your best bet as it has the best afterlife).
Shea
May 14, 2015 Shea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this for free off of the giveaways page. It was pretty good. Basically the book is about about religions. What I really liked about it was the comments the author put in it. They made me laugh. But it was pretty dry.
Cj Zawacki
Cj Zawacki rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Sarah Harrison
Sarah Harrison rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Zhukov
Zhukov marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Mark Speed
Nov 21, 2014 Mark Speed added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Kent
Kent marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Safeena Chaudhry
Safeena Chaudhry marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Melki
Melki marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Anne Marie
Anne Marie marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Anais919
Anais919 marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Meran
Meran marked it as to-read
Eddy Bryant
Eddy Bryant marked it as to-read
Julie Witte
Julie Witte marked it as to-read
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Rosibel
Rosibel marked it as to-read
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Natasha Dowse
Natasha Dowse marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Rachel Hall
Rachel Hall marked it as to-read
Lauren Pike
Lauren Pike marked it as to-read
Billy Roper
Billy Roper marked it as to-read
Polly Krize
Polly Krize marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect /multiple author profile 5 22 Dec 27, 2013 10:14AM
Goodreads Librari...: Author correction 4 19 Dec 12, 2013 04:29AM
  • The Greyman (The Sirenne Saga #4)
  • Maverick Genius: The Pioneering Odyssey of Freeman Dyson
  • Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4)
  • Recipe for a Happy Life