Start by marking “Seven Wakings” as Want to Read:
Seven Wakings

Seven Wakings

After Emma James— a widowed mother and child protection agent— is murdered to cover up a kidnapping ring, she reincarnates to solve the crimes.
With SEVEN WAKINGS, Emma finds herself as: a homeless African American man, a sex-crazed lady of means, a morbidly obese Caucasian woman, a dashing lawyer with a hidden agenda, an innocent girl in shackles, a ruthless double-life co
Paperback, 1, 214 pages
Published May 15th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Wakings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Wakings

Melonie Kydd
Very seldom does a book have the ability to completely transport me Into the character's lives and allow me to become a part of their story... But this one did and WOW!
I fell in love with how vivid the imagery was from riding in the metal basket of the bicycle to the description of each resurrection. Wonderful!!!
I love how the book took something real to some but mystical to others and was able to weave intricate character gets and story lines.
As an aspiring writer who just now is working on
Bob Stuhlsatz
Nov 05, 2014 Bob Stuhlsatz rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book as a FirstReads giveaway.

I thoroughly enjoyed the author's writing style. It was a fast and fun read. It was a little too fast towards the end and there were a number of convenient coincidences. But, despite that, I would definitely recommend this book and this author to others.
Howard Katzoff
Aug 26, 2014 Howard Katzoff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

OMG. This was an incredible riveting ride. It's difficult to express how absorbing and exciting this book is. Talk about "CAN't PUT IT DOWN"!! I really can't think of comparing it to anything I've read before. Do yourself a favor & read this winner.
Lou Wooten
Dec 19, 2014 Lou Wooten rated it it was amazing
i love it !!!!! couldn't put it down....the books so good i could read it again !!!! i'll read more
books by S. K . McCauley in the future
Lee
Jun 23, 2014 Lee rated it it was amazing
Was sceptical at first but then could not put it down!! The writer draws you into the book character by character. Well written, highly recommend.
Mark Allen
Dec 13, 2014 Mark Allen rated it really liked it
This is a well put-together story. It starts sadly, with the main character dying and leaving her children behind her. She soon persuades those children, and her closest friends, that she has taken on the body of someone they know and as the story progresses she finds herself in the body of several minor characters within the story. Together they solve the mystery of missing children and her own death in a quickly reached climax.
Actually, thinking on it further, it's a mad plot. Daft as brush, b
Jan 16, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
i received this book for free through goodreads first reads.
this book really surprised me.
i didn't think the author could pull off a trick like this one. body swapping spirits and all. it was all really intriguing and it left me wanting for more. like for the conjuring when the dead lady then goes to help people even when dead. really awesome.
thumbs up to the author!!!
Terri
Jan 08, 2015 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want more wakings!

What a wonderful story. Not that she dies, but all the rest. There were so many twists and turns. I laughed and cried and hoped for the good guys to prevail. The ending was a big surprise that I don't think anyone can guess what it is. I sure hope this is the beginning of a series because I loved it.
Yvonne M Schons
Sep 16, 2015 Yvonne M Schons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unusual Plot

I never write reviews. I know I should, just kind a lazy. This was a great book. I read a ton and have never read a book based on reincarnation. Easy read too. Definitely recommend and hope read more from this author.
Catherine
Nov 15, 2014 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-books
I loved this book! I won it on Goodreads& am so glad I did...I stayed up until 2a.m. for two nights in a row reading,I just couldn't put it down! Definitely a book that just keeps you reading & turning pages!
Christine
Sep 24, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most enjoyable books I've read this year. If you have a kindle it's free on Amazon but it should be on Kindle unlimited so the author gets paid some money for every time it's read.
Kimber Burnett
I won this book in a giveaway from goodreads!!

From the beginning to the end, this book kept me engaged!! It was so different-very original. All of the characters were interesting, twists and turns kept you wondering and its just a really good story! I loved everything about it.
Linda
Jan 08, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
unusual
story style brought new meaning to reincarnation, heck of twisting and turning . Must admit liked the ending brought it nicely ready for next book/installment.
Sarahkmartinuk
Oct 27, 2014 Sarahkmartinuk rated it really liked it
Excellent story
Christina
Nov 25, 2016 Christina rated it liked it
It took me a while to get into this book. We meet Emma, as a child, and learn of her gift. The gift is a bit unbelievable within the story. For a person that is supposed to have her gift, she sure is horrible at using it. She is oblivious to just about everything. I keep wondering if possibly she lost her gift in one of the boring sections that I only skimmed. I don't care enough to go back and read those sections just to find out. Once I got to about the halfway point I knew where it was going ...more
Brianne
Jan 08, 2015 Brianne rated it liked it
I liked this book for the most part. It was a quick easy read and the premise was really interesting. I really enjoyed that the author kept me guessing who was a bad guy and who was a good guy. At times, however, it strained credulity. And the part that bothered me the most was that I don't think any decent mother, regardless of the circumstances, would involve her own minor children in a pedophilia ring investigation. Especially considering she kept referring to herself as a protector of ...more
Shawn
Apr 15, 2016 Shawn rated it liked it
It took a long time to read this one. The story moved too slow to keep a momentum of steady reading, but I kept returning to finish it. Occult movements usually adds inhuman behavior from human to the next, and one tries to see it all as fantasy, but that is not always the case.

This was actually a good book once it picked up speed. McCauley may well become a new author for my list of reads.
Ruth Lampkin
Ruth Lampkin rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Carolyn Gold
Carolyn Gold rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Jennifer Medina
Jennifer Medina rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Kelleigh
Kelleigh rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Judy Roberts
Judy Roberts rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Toni Hamner
Toni Hamner rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Rita Dempski
Rita Dempski rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Annamarie
Annamarie rated it liked it
May 07, 2015
Candace
Candace rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Mari-Anne
Mari-Anne rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2016
Donna Brown
Donna Brown rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Tugger's Down
  • Lizzie!
  • Devil's Throat (The River, #6)
  • Shadow of the Piper
  • Bigfoot War
  • Bound By Fate (Chandler Series, #1)
  • A Third Scarpetta Omnibus: Cause Of Death / Unnatural Exposure / Point Of Origin (Kay Scarpetta, #7, #8, #9)
  • Murder in the Dog Park: Bad Girl. Good Cop. Bad Dog
  • Coldwater
  • Sorrowline (The Timesmith Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadow Witch Rising (Copper Falls #1)
  • Ange'el
  • What Doesn't Kill You, The Mystery (A Lauren Beck Crime Novel #1)
  • Sealing the Deal (The Ladies Who Lunch, #3)
  • Shredded
  • Earthfall (Dinosaur Wars, #1)
  • Stevie Tenderheart My Favorite Place to Be...(A Bedtime Story)
  • Worth the Risk
S.K. McCauley grew up as the youngest of six children in Baltimore, Maryland. A child of the 60's and 70's she describes her upbringing as, "a carnival in the eye of a tornado." Never quite sure what was real and what was fantasy, she once charged the stage when her sister was murdered...by an actor with a prop gun.
In her early teens, "fun crazy" took a turn for the worse when her mother was diag
More about S.K. McCauley...