Start by marking “Shades of Gray” as Want to Read:
Shades of Gray

Shades of Gray

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published May 12th 1988 by Ballantine Books (first published May 21st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Gray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Gray

The Shining by Stephen KingThe Haunting of Hill House by Shirley JacksonA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensGhost Story by Peter StraubHeart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Ghost Stories
199th out of 739 books — 1,230 voters
Dracula by Bram StokerI Am Legend and Other Stories by Richard MathesonThe Exorcist by William Peter BlattyGhost Story by Peter StraubThe Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
Best Horror Books by People Other Than Stephen King
360th out of 638 books — 838 voters

More lists with this book...

Katherine
I first read "Shades of Gray" when it first came out in paperback in the late '80s - and read it and re-read it many times. One of the few ghost stories I've ever really liked, and I always thought it a shame that it went out of print. I found out in June that it was returning as an ebook, and have been eagerly looking forward to downloading it on my Kindle.

"Shades of Gray" is a tightly plotted, character-driven story with memorable characters like Sam and Maggie, Liam and Track. It's thoughtful
G.k. Fields
Best ghost story I have read. Something is haunting West Point. It's up to three officer instructors from B.S.&L. (Behavioral sciences & Leadership -- AKA Bull Sh__& Lies) divsion to explore the problem and solve it. People shooting at them they're used to but this --!
GCB-LovesGoodBooks
Really quite wonderful and scary ghost story.
Katherine

Naomi
Read my full review: http://bit.ly/1i9Zhan

My opinion: Probably one of the most unusual ghost stories I have ever read. I must admit that it did take me a bit of time to get into it due to the constant military reference, as I mostly read the typical haunted house, particulary from the English moor ghost stories.

Once I got into the flow of this book, I whipped through it because it was so engrossing.
Debby
My brother graduated from West Point in 1990 and told me about this book. The author was an instructor of his. Very credible scary account of hauntings on this historic campus.
Helen
I enjoyed the story, but all the psycho babble got in the way and made it quite a hard read!
Rene
great ghost story
Peggy Geiger
Peggy Geiger marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Avneesh
Avneesh marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Oskar
Oskar marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Brenda Seaberg
Brenda Seaberg marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Latasha
Latasha marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Benita Applejacks
Benita Applejacks marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Valancourt Books
Valancourt Books marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Kirstin
Kirstin marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Eve
Eve marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Tony Entrekin
Tony Entrekin marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Becka
Becka marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Robb added it
Jan 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Patience is rewarded 1 2 Apr 03, 2014 09:24AM
Tim O'Neill served in the United States Army for twenty-six years, from Viet Nam through Desert Storm, and was a member of the permanent faculty at West point for fifteen years. He is a recognized expert in applied camouflage, and holds multiple patents in the field. He has been a business executive, a defense consultant, and trained foreign special operations soldiers in the Arab Emirates.

He is t
More about Timothy R. O'Neill...
Individuated Hobbit Mandala