Start by marking “Divorcing Dwayne” as Want to Read:
Divorcing Dwayne

Divorcing Dwayne

"Divorcing Dwayne" is the first volume in a three-book series featuring Francine Harper and her no-good husband, Dwayne. As the series is set in rural Georgia, the authors calls the category "Grits-Lit."
As "Divorcing Dwayne" opens, Francine is in jail, facing felony assault charges for shooting at Dwayne and his stripper-lover, Carla, from the Peel @n Squeal, a restauran
Published April 1st 2008 by Cumberland House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Divorcing Dwayne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divorcing Dwayne

Jan 27, 2014 T.C. rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008
Review for The Bookshelf Reviews (

If maintaining a marriage is this hard, I ain't never getting' hitched.

Divorcing Dwayne (which gives part of the story away in the title - it would've been more appropriately called 'Dealing with Dwayne') is one hell of a ride. Francine Harper's trying to hold her marriage to Dwayne together, but finding him in bed with town hussy Carla and discovering his plans to open up a topless barbershop with her (because you can never have en
May 30, 2008 Synova rated it it was ok
Shelves: girly-fiction
I wanted to like this book more than i do. the premise is so funny, and really some of the things that happen are pretty funny. But it was just too sporadic to me, and the southern was just a little too thick in areas. however, I did enjoy the characters, and even though Dwayne is a cad, the author does a good job of making you feel what Francine is going though regarding her feelings towards him.
Shannon Greika
May 05, 2008 Shannon Greika rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: women fiction readers
Recommended to Shannon by: a friend
This is a funny book! I feel the author was trying to entertain us with a story about a women married to a skirt-chaser ~ you know what a downer that can be ~ and she carried it off. It also has heart. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Read it! You won't be sorry.
May 01, 2008 Alisa rated it it was ok
Light-hearted caper novel that I won't remember reading even by the end of this year. And sorry, but that's not exactly how this things work, even in the small town South!
Sep 26, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
Funny, the main character is dumb to a point of asking yourself, "huh??"
But I am excited to read the next 2 books.
Apr 14, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
One of the funniest books I've ever read with a laugh on every page. I can't wait for the sequel.
Oct 26, 2008 Norabee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: chick lit fans, fans of southern fiction
I Heart Grits Lit!

Francine Harper is mad!! She just found her new husband, Dwayne, in the arms of his ex-Carla, a known floozy and Francine grabs a gun and tries to shoot first and ask questions later! She gets arrested, but luckily both Dwayne and Carla survive and from that moment, the action doesn’t stop. This book takes many twists and turns as Francine discovers Dwayne might be involved with the Georgia mafia, money-laundering, political office buying, there’s even a topless barbershop thro
Sep 25, 2008 Daniel rated it it was amazing
I’m pretty excited because I just found out that this is the first of a three-book series; that’s the best news I’ve heard in quite a while. Now I know what you’re thinking – isn’t this “grits lit” by a self-styled Dixie Diva one o’ them there women’s novels? What’s a strapping he-man like me doing reading this? Well, if this is women’s fiction, then we guys have been missing out. Divorcing Dwayne is one of the funniest, most engaging novels I’ve read in a long time. Proud Southerner that I am, ...more
Jan 29, 2009 Janeene rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2009
Ok, I really wanted to like this book.....I thought the premise would be a fun and quick read. Not finding it when at Barnes & Noble, I got it through the interlibrary loan.....

I was disappointed but read til the end. I may or may not read the second in the series
Sep 14, 2009 Erica rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit
This book had a cute concept and was entertaining for the first few chapters. Then it spiraled out of control and went a little over the top. It quickly went from being cute to slightly ridiculous. Still a quick, light read.
Oct 20, 2012 Brandy rated it it was ok
This book was ok - cute in parts but a little hard to get into The colors were really colorful and likeable but it was nothing like her other 2 books which were so good.
Nov 13, 2011 Carla rated it it was ok
Nothing to write home about; it took me forever to finish reading it once I started.
Feb 05, 2009 Miranda rated it really liked it
Great for a quick, funny southern themed read....
Dec 05, 2010 Lori rated it really liked it
Fun... Complete escape.
Emily Herrington
Emily Herrington rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Erika marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Donna Blalock
Donna Blalock marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Vaneta added it
May 19, 2016
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Momof5boys marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Klm marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Karen Vessels
Karen Vessels marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Crista added it
Feb 10, 2016
Chey added it
Jan 23, 2016
Libby marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Linda Bolthwell
Linda Bolthwell marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Kristine Seemiller
Kristine Seemiller rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jackie Lee Miles, a resident of Georgia for thirty years, hails from Wisconsin via South Dakota. She considers herself “a northern girl with a southern heart”. Her paternal grandfather was christened Grant Lee by her great-grandmother in honor of the many fallen soldiers on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line.

Ms. Miles is a former D.I.A.L. Systems Engineer for Baker/Audio Telecom, one of the premi
More about Jackie Lee Miles...