Start by marking “Outcry in the Barrio” as Want to Read:
Outcry in the Barrio

Outcry in the Barrio

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Freddie and Ninfa are grateful first of all to be Christians, then Mexican-Americans; appreciative of the bi-lingual, bi-cultural identity God has given them. He and his disciples--and their disciples--have planted forty churches and nearly as many homes for drug rehabilitation; the number is multiplying.
Published December 1st 1987 by Freddie Garcia Ministries

To ask other readers questions about Outcry in the Barrio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outcry in the Barrio

Raven Martinez
Oct 31, 2012 Raven Martinez rated it it was amazing
I've read this book a couple of times,but every time I re-read it,it always inspires me. Outcry in the Barrio is about Freddy Garcia's journey through life.Garcia came across a lot of obstacles,with drugs,violence,etc.But in the end he conquered all.He fixed his life through Jesus.Freddie and Ninfa Garcia,became one with the ministry,and reached out to people on the streets.
This book made me realize that there is hope,and that's one reason why I loved it.Another reason why I loved it was reading
Chavela
Feb 12, 2009 Chavela rated it it was amazing
This book has stuck with me for a very long time. It is the first book that showed me what i dont want to be! It made me cry and made me think about wiser decisions for my future. Thinking back on it now, this book is of things that everyone has been through. True life story that hits the heart and makes it easier to see that there is always a better tomorrow.
Rogelio Delfín Chávez
Si lo ves superficialmente, es un libro que gira en torno a la superación personal gracias a la fe puesta en la religión. Pero, en el fondo, creo que retrata muy bien las dificultades que tienen que enfrentar los latinos mientras se integran en la comunidad estadounidense.

Sigue siendo superación personal a través de la religión, sí; pero, siendo netamente mexicano, me ofreció un vistazo a lo que viven los paisanos que se van a vivir a los E.U.A.
Brenda
May 23, 2015 Brenda rated it it was amazing
This is real Christianity. An inspiring story about one man and his journey with His savior, and the continued ripple effect that continues to this day. The book encouraged me to keep on struggling to spread the good news of God and the hope that comes with the sacrifice and love and redemption of Jesus Christ.
Judy
A story of redemption and recovery from a former drug addict.
Betty Gutierrez
Nov 20, 2012 Betty Gutierrez rated it it was amazing

This book was beautiful in so many ways. It displays how much God loves us and fights for us. Totally transformed in mind body and soul is what blessings I received while reading this and I will never forget this book! I am so encouraged and inspired by all that God did in response to the willing and obedient hearts that chose to no longer be slaves to sin but gave their lives to God!!! This is an incredible ministry and I highly recommend this book to anyone addicted to anything.
Emmanuel
Jan 08, 2010 Emmanuel rated it liked it
Shelves: good-books
Emily
Jun 30, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
Amazing true story. Slow moving. Author is founder of Victory Temple and homes, which started in San Antonio, and have spread around Texas, and Mexico. (Not for kids.)
April
May 23, 2010 April rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was young. Some guy gave it to me when I was on the greyhound going from san antonio to dallas. CRAZY book
Bookfanatic
Mar 04, 2010 Bookfanatic rated it it was amazing
Tale of a heroin junkie and his wife who found God. Pretty interesting read!
Lorrie
Lorrie rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
George
George marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Debra Crowl
Debra Crowl marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Alizae
Alizae added it
May 11, 2016
Sarah Aleman
Sarah Aleman marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Mona Gonzalez Cadena
Mona Gonzalez Cadena marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
marcela
marcela rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Cedwards1183gmail.Com
Cedwards1183gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
John Brown
John Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Esteban Salazar
Esteban Salazar marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Sur Up
Sur Up is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2016
David Ortiz
David Ortiz marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Cesar
Cesar rated it really liked it
Yuri
Yuri marked it as to-read
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
Lucia
Lucia is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2016
  • Rearview (7 Hours #1)
  • Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild
  • Black Belt Patriotism: How We Can Restore the American Dream
  • Vigilante (Dangerous Times, #3)
  • White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era
  • Just Checking: Scenes From the Life of an Obsessive-Compulsive
  • How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter
  • East of West #1
  • Pagan Christianity: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices
  • The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh! of Homer
  • Thinking for a Change: 11 Ways Highly Successful People Approach Life and Work
  • The Doll
  • Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See
  • 48 Days to the Work You Love
  • The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book
  • Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left from Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
  • Killjoys: The Seven Deadly Sins