Start by marking “Chaos (The Lost Books, #4)” as Want to Read:
Chaos (The Lost Books, #4)

Chaos (The Lost Books #4)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  3,622 ratings  ·  80 reviews
A FINAL QUEST AND AN ULTIMATE BETRAYAL

Deep in the mountains of Romania stands a fortress, and deep within that fortress lies a chamber. In that chamber, ruling the dead for over two thousand years, live one Shataiki bat straight from the bowels of the Black Forest. He seeks the final Books of History with which he will destroy the world.

But there are four who stand in the
Published May 6th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos

Black by Ted DekkerRed by Ted DekkerWhite by Ted DekkerThr3e by Ted DekkerHouse by Ted Dekker
Ted Dekker Books
24th out of 51 books — 118 voters
Waterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonTorrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Best Christian YA Books
80th out of 177 books — 153 voters

More lists with this book...

Dena
This one didn't start as strong as the others in this series, but it did have quite a bit of humor. It picked up somewhere after the first handful of chapters with the action and thrill we expect and love from this author. And as always... a Ted Dekker, power-packed, didn't see that coming ending... that sets the story up for yet another series!!! Ted Dekker is brilliant!
Casseo
Aug 11, 2008 Casseo added it
Wow...! Ted Dekker never ceases to amaze me! I love this series! It is soooo good! Once you get into it, you go nuts waiting for more! A must read, no doubt!
Jennifer Broadbent
I believe I will continue to read all of the books related to the circle series. Seriously, Ted Dekker! I am a huge fan.
Brian
Well, Dekker really finished strong with the story in the first 4 books. While there are still two more books in the series (thus completing the "L" and "E" in circle), this was the end of the major arc told throughout the first four books and it ended up being quite enjoyable. Where the first two books suffered a bit from being a bit too "YA" centric and were a bit too simplistic, the last two evolved quite nicely into quality story-telling with all the action, twists and turns that Ted is famo ...more
Cody Phillips
Deep in the valleys and mountains of Romania, lies the Dark One. For two thousand years he has ruled the dead; yet he still seeks all 7 Lost Books of History. He seeks them to destroy the world, but the four chosen ones are in his way. The book is about a war between good and evil and a battle of the finding of the 7 Lost Books of History. Who will prevail and who will fail to find the 7 Books? I really liked the book because it was very suspenseful and it was easy to picture the book’s setting ...more
Lisa
A quick read, but not as exciting as some of his other books. I can tell it is a youth book because the story line is somewhat diluted.
Tori
I found this book to have been a flat, rather sad conclusion to a rapidly downward spiraling story. (But it's not the end! You say. There are two books left. So you are correct. But any book that ends with "And thus ends our tale. Or does it?" (paraphrased there), or, in otherwords, a book that relies on cheep tricks to keep the reader reading, and not just in that last line, is not a book or series I'm going to continue in.
Thus, it ends for me. No more wincing whenever Love over Logic is argued
Ben
Oct 18, 2014 Ben rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers and action and adventure lovers
Recommended to Ben by: My mom
In the mountains of Romania there is a fortress, and in that fortress there is a chamber, and in that chamber there is one shataiki bat straight from the heart of the Black forest ruling the dead for oiver two thousand years. He is seeking to find the final books of history so he can destroy the world but four stand in his way. I think this book is a great action-adventure and fantasy mix because the chosen are running around a new, high-tech world that they have never seen before, dodging Chevy ...more
Cameron Nash
This was an interesting book that i would recommend for teenage readers. It was a very easy read, short and not a lot of crazy big words. It was interesting in that it gripped the reader to continue reading. I enjoy Ted Dekker because he enjoys taking odd concepts and making them interesting. This book is part of a series where chosen ones from the future go back in time to try and save "The Histories." The most interesting part of it is that the future isn't what most people expect it to be, in ...more
May 15, 2011 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Fran Hudson
Picked up the 1st book in this series for $3 at the store. I didn't get a chance to read it right away, but lent it out & was told it was a must read...

Chaos & Infidel were OK - not amazing, but not terrible. Renegade felt like it was trying to tie the storyline with something else, but the transition was anything but smooth. Then we get to Chaos. This book really feels like Dekker had to wrap this series up and get back to the "main story" that is shared in the Circle series & the P
Aaron
The fourth book in the CIRCLE collection takes a well-received change. Not only have the chosen ones experience the "in between" Earth, but now they've traveled back in time to the year 2033 or something. Anyway, it's amusing to see these primitive kiddos try to make their way through "our world," while quickly stirring up a lot of trouble.

These books are clearly written for adolescents, but are just as fun for adults to read through. I think it took me all of four nights to get through, and tha
Becky B
Sep 23, 2012 Becky B rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: only those who can stomach sub-par writing
Dear Mr Dekker, please, let me edit your books for teens before you publish them! Please! If I had been the editor, I would have prevented so many readers from using your books as projectiles because they can't get through the first half of the book without strong urges to do so. It would have been so much better if you had just either a) summarized the first 2 chapters and started off with Johnis & Silvie finally meeting someone who could clue them in to the times and culture, or b)if you h ...more
Sara
Jaime
I felt this was too short, too fast-paced. Darsal and Karas arrive in Other Earth 10 years before Johnis and Silvie (despite leaving their world a few minutes prior). Darsal is presumed dead, and the other three enter a competition to find the other Lost Books before Alucard does.

I found it hilarious that they thought that Vegas looked evil and was therefore Horde created.
Geri
Daniel
This series keeps getting better and better. This was the best book of the series. It does a great job mixing humor, mystery, and intrigue. Our brave young warriors face off on another wonderful journey to find the missing books and learn more along the way. This time they learn a shocking secret or two that will almost certainly take you by surprise. I highly recommend this book to fans of the series. I loved it and can't wait to get started on Lunatic. These books are my new addiction. Thanks ...more
Casey
The best one since Chosen. Probably even a little better than Chosen. I like Chosen because the story is original and it's the beginning and the all sorts of stories are being developed. Then there's Infidel and Renegade which need to be read so you can fully appreciate Chaos. Chaos is well Chaos. The characters are taken from one world to a completely different one which I like. The plot is a complete roller coaster and the ending just sort of leaves you, probably hoping you will read five and ...more
Anita
Mar 09, 2012 Anita added it
The fourth in the 'Lost Book' series bridging the 15-year story gap between the first two books in the 'Circle' series: 'Black' and 'Red'. Having attempted to read 'Black', I got rather mixed up between the different and alternating realities, and soon shelved it. Now, that I've read the 'Lost Book' series, I have a better grasp of the plot that winds through the series -- and though it might seem as though I'd be reading the front part of the book after I've read the conclusion -- for me, it's ...more
Talia
Feb 05, 2015 Talia added it
it gets a little boring in this book if you've been reading them all one after the other
Cory Shook
Great book, now what happens? Couldn't wait for the next book.
Matt
I wasn't crazy about the first few chapters of this book, but it finally leveled out and finished just as good as the first three.
Sareh
I didn't like this book as much as I've liked the other books. I'm not sure why but there was something that I just didn't like. Maybe it was because of the time rift?

Although it's interesting when character time travel and then you find out that one character was there for ten years while it's only been a few minutes for another character and you both traveled at the same time; I just found it unsettling how Karas was suddenly so old.

But beyond that it was still as good as the rest of the book
Sophie
Just feel meh after reading this...
Rebeca
It took me nearly a month and a half to finish this book, but it was not at all because it was not good. Simply, I was lazy and would read it, put it down, read it, put it down and so forth.

However, I was finally able to finish it and wow! Aren't I glad! What a great book!
If you compare it to the other The Lost Books, you simply cannot. It does not have the same feel as the previous three books since it does not include all four of "The Chosen," but it does not make it any less awesome!

I seri
Kristy
Mhmm. Brilliant...of course, since it's written by a mastermind author! This book took so many plot twists that you NEVER see coming. And the ongoing quest for the missing books is amazing...paricularly since at the beginning of this one, Johnis and Silvie are in this world instead of Middle Forest, and they're experiencing all the sights and sounds for the very first time. Some really funny parts involved with that. Haha.
Linda
The Chosen One, and his companions are still on their quest for the 7 Books of History. The battle between good & evil continues, as they are transported back in time (to OUR present day), Nevada. Strangely, the 4 transported at the same time, but some have been there 10 yrs, while others are just arriving.

I picked up the first two books in a 2-in-1 volume, and instantly became hooked. I am continuing the saga.

Gigi
This book worried me a bit because I loved the first two in the series, then book three disappointed and the beginning of this book seemed to start off in a very silly way. But once it got to the half way point the reasons I have enjoyed this series kicked in. The characters became real again and I found myself engaged in the story once more. By the time I finished I found myself looking forward to book 5.
Denae Christine
Just can't myself to fully appreciate this series as I have others of Dekker's. The only reason this book didn't get a 2 star rating is because it closed well enough that I won't have to read the 5th and 6th books.
What could compel someone to be so good, then bad, pretend to be good, then be bad, then pretend good, then pretend bad, then return to good? It was just a bit frustrating.
Olean Public Library
- Four young people have gone from their own earth many years in the future to the earth that their leader was originally from to find the three books of History. They must find them before the evil Shataiki do, or the world will be destroyed. I want to read not only all the books in this series but all the books by this author. I’ve already read about thirty of his books.
Monica
This book was well written and entertaining. With the main characters crossing into Earth and not knowing anything, but what they perceive based upon where they came from, it made for some embarassing moments. Even though it frustrates me I do like the fact that the author doesn't try to hold the characters in a cocoon of perfection, but allows them to be human.
  • To Kill With Reason
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
  • Nightmare Academy (Veritas Project, #2)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Gatekeepers (Dreamhouse Kings, #3)
  • The Scarlet Trefoil: A Novel (Tahn Dorn #3)
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
  • Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

The Lost Books (6 books)
  • Chosen (The Lost Books, #1)
  • Infidel (The Lost Books, #2)
  • Renegade (The Lost Books, #3)
  • Lunatic (The Lost Books, #5)
  • Elyon (The Lost Books, #6)
Thr3e Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1) White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3) Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2) House

“People reveal their true character when they're off center.” 6 likes